Part 8

Avoiding April
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Credit: WinterGlow

 

Author’s note: Chapter requires edit.

 

Part 8

Taehyung could see, from the corner of his eyes, the dumbfounded look on April's face. It made him chuckle on the inside but his smile soon faded when his eyes traveled across to where Jimin was standing. He looked at him with an undetermined smile. Taehyung was unsure if he was just being self-amused or he was genuinely feeling something strange going on between them. Taehyung was usually open about his past to Jimin but there were certain things that would be better left unsaid.

Taehyung's eyes travelled back to April and he wondered whether she had a chance to look at the articles that were popping up this morning. All hell went loose and he wasn't sure April was ready for it.

"Okay, let's take a break," the photographer called out and turned to April. With a lack of concern, he  yelled out, "hey, you!"

Taehyung  felt his body grow tense as the photographer spoke to April in such a way but he kept quiet. It was the way it was in the industry. Not everyone played nice and Taehyung experienced that first hand.

"You're the new girl?" The man continued to speak to her in such a manner.

"Hyung," Jimin suddenly intercepted and stepped in front of April as she just continued to nod shyly. "Come on now, take it easy. She's new around here." He said it in such a warm and kind way, very much like the Jimin he knew. Such a lame sweetheart.

"It's okay," April just nodded and smiled brightly, devoid of any hurt or disappointment. Taehyung didn't realize how much April changed. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly. "What do you need me to do?"

The photographer just shrugged and let out a sigh as he looked at Jimin apologetically. "Yes, sorry about that," he somewhat mumbled under his breath. "Why don't you start getting change. Eunji, the stylist will tell you what to do."

With another nod, bright smile, and lots of bows, April went back to do just as what was told. Taehyung growled slightly. A cynical smile crept up his face. He knew just how dark and twisted the industry could be to newbies and a deep feeling inside of him wanted April to experience it for all its worth. Yet somehow he was worried.

"Are you having fun there?" Jimin asked with a chuckle and teasing eyes as he approached Taehyung.

Taehyung took the guitar in his hand and started to strum the strings in a pretend manner, his face crunched up as though he was hurt. Jimin laughed at the funny faces he was making.

"Seriously," Jimin shook his head. "Why don't you just play seriously?"

"Like this?" Taehyung continued to strum the guitar in such an exaggerated manner, making weird faces and moving his mouth as though he was singing. There wasn't a day when Taehyung felt like he had so much energy, like a ball of sunshine.

"Seriously," Jimin said, repeating his words after he managed to laugh some more at his funny faces. "Why not just play for real. I know you can do it."

Taehyung pursed his lips, closed his eyes, made a pout, and used his finger to say no to Jimin. "It will only be heard by someone special," he said.

"It's hard to take you seriously with all that make-up," Jimin said with a smile.

"What do you mean make-up, like as if you don't wear this kind of thick cake on your face."

"My skin is kinda flawless. I can't help it I was born that way."

"Aish!" Taehyung complained with a noise and pretended to kick him, which Jimin dodge with no effort. "Stop trying to be Jin." He tried to kick him again but ended up being kicked on the thighs, to Taehyung's surprise. His eyes opened wide and he gave him a playful angry look in which Jimin pretended to cower and stepped back slowly. A few seconds later, Taehyung managed to chase Jimin around the studio, making the staff shake their heads in confusion.

---

"So the story is coming out tomorrow?" Taehyung asked, making a small conversation with Sai who seemed more than happy to be standing so close to him.

"We've been keeping it under the radar but the rumors started to spread across the whole some forums and small portal sites." She explained with such vividness.

"It's inevitable, you guys made us go to an amusement park," Taehyung said with a sarcastic laughter. "You know that would never end well."

"It seemed like the strategy worked though," Sai just mumbled.

"What, the fact that people started rumors that I might be dating someone or...?" Taehyung tried his best not to roll his eyes. If anything, nobody knew who April was. It would turn the buzz to Taehyung and all his dating scandal, which he seemed to be stuck with for quite some time.

"People were definitely interested."

Taehyung turned to see Jimin standing next to him. "And not just for you Taehyung," Jimin continued. "They were trying to go all CSI and over who April really was."

"It will all be revealed tomorrow anyways," Taehyung said and shrugged. As he turned his head, his eyes captured something. He shifted his gaze towards the other door across the studio as he almost had a lapse in judgment. Taehyung did a double take as April walked out of the door with a long black dress that emphasized the curves of her body. She seemed taller and slim as she walked down with a shy face. She looked different, even Jimin couldn't help but stop what he was saying to Sai and watched as April elegantly approached them.

Taehyung had to blink a few times and cleared his throat as he tried to turn his head away in a different direction.

"Hey." Taehyung heard April's voice and turned his head in a cocky manner. He looked at her, trying not to give her the stupid look he just wore on his face. She turned to face him with her big bold eyes and at that moment Taehyung felt his heart beating quite loudly. That brief moment made him panic a little.

Why was he feeling this way? Taehyung screamed in his head.

"You look amazingly beautiful," Jimin interrupted and gave April a smile. She turned her strong gaze away from Taehyung. Deep down, Taehyung wanted to thank Jimin for calling her.

"That dress suits you very much. Oh," Jimin paused and stared into April's eyes as she looked back with a blush on her face. "You have something on your face."

And just like that Jimin reached over and softly touched her cheeks with his warm hands. April stood still, her body froze as she watched a handsome young man being so close to her. Taehyung watched at her reaction and rolled his eyes.

"You're too kind , thank you," April responded. She subconsciously let her eyes wandered back to Taehyung, wondering if he was about to say something to her. Nothing. Taehyung just shrugged and stayed quiet. April felt her heart pounding against her chest.

"Let's get this going!" They heard the photographer speak loudly in the back, ushering Taehyung and April to go to their spot.

The photograph session started without a hitch. Everything seemed to be working for them. As they both stood next to each other, posing in several angles, the whole session ran smoothly. Taehyung was surprised that the photographer barely complained about the poses. He was used to his snarling and frustrated groans.

April was a star. Everything she did seemed to be on point. Out of the corner of his eyes, Taehyung could see Jimin watching intently. He wasn't sure whether he was looking at him or at April. Yet everyone seemed to be transfixed by the young woman next to him. She appeared to be a rough diamond but also a born natural.

"Amazing April, amazing!" The photographer continued to compliment as he snapped a ton of pictures. April could hear the clicking sound of the camera and it gave her even more incentive to push herself. Without much thought, April slid to the side and wrapped her arms around Taehyung's neck to which he stiffened.

Something was wrong. Taehyung was never shy at making contact with another model or actress. Everything about this felt so different and Taehyung could feel his cheeks started to burn. April smirked and pushed him towards her closer while she looked seductively into the camera.

"Taehyung, I need you to relax," the photographer called out. "Get closer to her."

That little call didn't make Taehyung any closer to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter