Part 7

Avoiding April
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Credit: VMABOY

 

Author’s note: Chapter requires edit.

 

Part 7

Taehyung slowly pressed his body against April, his arms holding her close to him. April wasn’t sure how to react. Her whole body had stiffened, partially due to Taehyung’s sudden intimacy. She tried to hide her shocked expression from her face as she could smell his scent as his strong body held her close.

---

“I became intimate quite quickly?” Taehyung said with a small laugh. “Should I lie and say I wasn’t at all affected by it?”

The interviewer gave Taehyung a blushing smile and patted her cheeks, as if she was touched by the way he gave her a smile.

“I’m not usually an intimate person,” Taehyung continued on. The he paused as if deep in thoughts and proceeded to the bottom of his lips. “I suppose things just felt right at that moment.”

---

Taehyung wasn’t sure why he did what he did but he needed a distraction away from what he was about to do. He quietly peeked down at the ground far below him and he shivered. He tried to shake it off, making sure April didn’t feel it.

Fortunately for Taehyung, April was too distracted by their intimacy to notice that he was shaking from nervousness.

“Are you all ready now?” the staff asked as he leaned and took hold of the wounded rope holding the two together. He smiled mischievously at Taehyung who he threw back with a dirty look. The cameraman approached them, making sure to get a good view of their faces and Taehyung had to bite his lips.

“Yes, of course I’m ready,” Taehyung said and looked down at April to find her still in silence. “Are you ready?”

April blinked and her eyes widened slightly, as if she woke up from her deep thoughts. “Oh,” April stammered. “Yes, why wouldn’t I be ready? Are you ready?”

Taehyung could see the cynical smile she gave him, completely aware that she knew his weakness. He gave her one last smirk and without a warning pulled her in closer to him. “You have to hold me tight if you don’t want to get scared.”

April let out a small laugh and without another word, she pressed her chest closer to him. Taehyung the bottom of his lips again and blinked slightly. He could feel his heart beat gaining its momentum and he was unsure why.

“I am holding on to you,” April said. “You let me know when you are ready to jump.”

The word jump made Taehyung feel a shiver running down his spine. April saw the blank expression on his face and stepped aside, closer to the edge of the platform. The rope holding them together made Taehyung move with her and that movement made his heart jump. He blinked again as he felt the wind blow on his face and Taehyung tried to swallow but his throat was dry.

“I thought you weren’t scared,” April said with a tiny smirk on her face as she pulled him closer. If he wanted to so could she.

Taehyung tried to swallow again and let out a nervous laughter, breaking his silence. “I think we should just concentrate on not wasting anymore time.”

April let her arms smoothen across his back and she made sure the camera filmed that. The small intricate movement made Taehyung’s body rigid. He looked down at April and let out a small almost inaudible growl. He leaned in forward so that their faces were inches apart and she almost backed up before he pulled her in by her waist.

“Let’s go,” Taehyung said in a small snarl. With a gulp and a wave of regret across his face, Taehyung pulled her in closer and leaned their bodies toward the edge of the platform.

It happened so instantly. Taehyung could no longer feel the ground below his feet and the feeling was unworldly. Taehyung wanted to scream and shout but his lungs were dry. It felt like he was suffocating and he closed his eyes. He grabbed a hold of April and placed his head on the nook of her neck.

The first deflection suddenly and Taehyung felt his soul leaving his body as they bounced higher into the air. April let out a small shriek as Taehyung held her even tighter. After a few more bounces, it was all over.

For some reason Taehyung felt breathless as he held on to April, still with his eyes closed. April bit her lips as she felt his touch so close to her. She could feel him shaking within her grasp. A sudden guilt washed over her. She knew he how frightened he must be. April let out a knowing smile, quite amazed that Taehyung was able to let go of his fears.

“Good job,” April whispered.

As though her voice woke him up, Taehyung jerked away from her neck and pushed her aside as the staff below helped them reach the ground. As soon as his feet touched the grassy fields and his ropes were untied, he collapsed. His breathing was still erratic and his body felt weak. April stood by, smiling and giggling as the camera crew walked in.

“That was amazing,” April said with a smile and watched as Taehyung just sat there on the ground, his mind winded in all directions.

---

“I wasn’t scared,” Taehyung said with a smirk to the camera. “I just… wanted to make her feel good.”

The interviewer gave him a knowing smile and said, “That was very thoughtful of you.”

Taehyung shrugged and lifted his hands up in the air as if it was the least he could offer. His eyes shifted back to the camera and smiled.

---

“Here,” April said and handed Taehyung his mask and hat. “Put this on.”

Taehyung stood up and bit his lips. He tried his best not to show his shakiness as he grabbed it from her hand and placed the mask over his face.

“Are we going to find another good ride to go?” April said loudly, making sure the audio could capture her voice. “How about that one over there?”

The camera followed the direction of her finger pointing towards a large roller coaster ride. It made Taehyung froze in his spot and color drained from his face. He tried to force a smile but nothing prepared him for the nervous laughter that came out of his mouth.

“Come on, apparently the roller coaster is famous in this park for being so dangerously exciting,” April said. She emphasized the word ‘dangerous’ enough to see Taehyung’s darkened expression. “I mean, there’s no point of going to an amusement park without trying out that ride. Plus, it would be fun.”

April threw Taehyung a mischievous smirk. She was starting to love teasing him.

---

“I didn’t know he was scared of those rides,” April said innocently to the camera. “I honestly didn’t know. But he was acting really cute that I couldn’t help but some more.”

---

Taehyung walked with weak knees half an hour later as he struggled to get his mind in the right place. He was uncontrollably shaky and Taehyung hated feeling so frustrated like this. April was walking behind him, along with the crew, hiding his camera in his sleeves. Her head was held high as she watched him.

April decided it was time to act like a saint. She approached him and tapped his back. “Are you okay? You look rather pale,” April said as the cameraman stood in front of them.

Taehyung chuckled. “No, it’s okay. I was just excited,” Taehyung said defensively. “I mean, the adrenaline was exhilarating.” He let out a cold chuckle and bit the bottom of his lips.

“Did you want a break?”

“Me?” Taehyung shook his head, trying to hold his ground. He hated feeling frustrated and used. He did not want to let April win. “No, why don’t we find something to eat?”

Taehyung was trying to find ideas on how to get back to April as they waited in line for the food truck. April just stood there silently and with awkwardness, unsure of what to talk about. She peeked to the side as one of the staff crew filmed them from behind and another one located further down the benches, where children were playing around.

“What did you want to eat?” April asked as she looked up at the menu. “Do you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter