Part 6

Avoiding April
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s note: Chapter requires edit.

 

 

Part 6

Taehyung was not looking happy. He just stared down at April with wide eyes, biting his lips from almost stumbling on his mistake. There was a pause that felt like forever when April smirked back in satisfaction. She then proceeded to dab the napkin back onto the pants near his crotch and Taehyung jolted back, surprised by her confusing rashness.

April stood up quickly and pressed her fingers against and pouted. She made a cute puppy face, as though what just happened was unintentional.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she said and bowed her head down.

For a moment Taehyung felt his anger reaching his limits. He was being played with and it infuriated him. Forcing himself not to yell at her, knowing that all eyes were on them, Taehyung quickly made a small smile.

April felt good about herself as soon as she noticed the flushed expression on Taehyung’s face. If it was teasing, she was good at it.

No more misses nice girl Kim Taehyung¸ April thought to herself. Two can play this game and I am ready to tackle you.

With a small guilty look on April’s face, she smiled. “I think you will have to get new pants.”

Taehyung pursed his lips and looked at her a little coldly, and then tried to laugh it off. “Ah,” Taehyung said with a beaming smile, “that’s okay. It’s not your fault. I was clumsy for you.”

April’s eyes lowered. She was astounded at his image shifting. She wondered how he did it all.

---

“I thought it was weird too,” Taehyung said to the camera. He looked up to the ceiling, as if he was thinking deeply. “Did she do that on purpose?” He then chuckled, his face slightly red.

 “Was that on purpose?” April pouted to the camera, the female interviewer was looking at her with a bitter look on her face. The hummed a little, deep in thought.

“Maybe,” April said and smiled sheepishly.

---

They just stared at each other for a few seconds as silence fell upon them. It was as if they were shooting deathly glares at each other, masking it slightly as they both knew they were on camera. April wondered how she should react next. To her relief, someone interrupted them.

Taehyung turned to the side to see the female staff of the café who was flirting with Taehyung standing just in between them. She had a genuinely shy look on her face as she handed over a pink envelope. Looking at it rather curiously, Taehyung picked it up from her, to which she blushed and walked away.

“It looks like a mission card,” Taehyung muttered, feeling rather unpleased with this.

“Oh,” April faked her excitement. “It’s out first mission together.”

Taehyung made a grin and opened the envelope slowly. He peeked to the side to see a sneaky cameraman just hiding behind the huge plant. He chuckled in his head.

“What does it say?’ April said and walked over towards Taehyung.

Taehyung was taken aback slightly. Their bodies were slightly touching each other and he felt her warmth next to him. He wasn’t sure how to react for a second, his eyes slightly dazed. Fighting himself back to reality, Taehyung opened up the piece of paper and started to read the contents.

“Time to relax and enjoy each other’s company,” Taehyung read. “We have gifted you a pair of tickets to go to Diamond Park! Get to know one another and you may just find a new set of bond.”

Taehyung stopped reading and chuckled.

---

“Who made those letters?” Taehyung asked in genuine curiousness at the interviewee. She didn’t respond back. He chuckled again.

“Well, I’m anticipating.”

---

There was a break in filming as Sai made the cut, signaling for them to stop their act. Taehyung heaved a sigh and looked down at his pants as the filming crew and staff went around to start collecting their cameras and tapes.

“You are a sly little thing,” Taehyung muttered under his breath.

April watched as Taehyung grabbed a napkin and dabbed it lightly against the wet area. She smirked at the thought that she just managed to irritate him. She saw the frustrated look on his face and it made her her lips.

There was a time when Taehyung never talked back, no matter how frustrated or angry he was. He would never retaliate but he would curl up in a corner and try his best not cry. April would be watching from behind the window peeking into his living room as Taehyung’s father scolded him. When he disappeared, she would watch as Taehyung released his cries, tears falling down his face.

“It’s okay to cry,” April would say to him as she patted him lightly on the shoulders. “Cry as you want. Your dad is being a jerk anyways.”

April snapped back to reality as Taehyung threw the napkin down to the table, without putting it in the bin and leaned his head back. Seeing him at this moment just made April realize how much he had changed.

“You’re not gonna start crying are you?” April said casually and crossed her arms. She thought it was a good start to at this point. She knew some of his weaknesses and she will use it to her advantage.

Taehyung’s face fell cold and April could see his eyes turned to her in a sharp intense look.

“Don’t think you’re gonna get away with that,” he said in a low voice. April just pursed her lips and scoffed, letting him know she was unaffected.

“Are you guys ready for the next location?” Sai interrupted their little intense exchange of cold looks. Immediately and quite smoothly, Taehyung’s face lit up. He turned to Sai with a wide smile on his face.

“Yes, let’s get going. Won’t there be a lot of people at the park though? Even if it’s the weekend, there will still be kids roaming around,” Taehyung said with a concerned look. April rolled her eyes.

“Yes unfortunately,” Sai said. “We want to make this a buzz before the first broadcast tomorrow.”

April frowned. Was this always part of the contract? April was concerned. The fact that nobody knew her, frightened her slightly. She looked up at Taehyung, who had continued his chat with Sai-PD. Taehyung was different. He was no longer unknown. As a matter of fact, April could already feel the crept of feeling of his fangirls on her backs. This was going to turn ugly.

“Let’s go,” Sai said, interrupting her thoughts and waved at her to move.

---

“I’m scared,” April said to the cameraman. The studio was silent. It was pitch black. The only light shining was directed to her, seating in the middle of the studio. The rest of the staff didn’t say a word. The woman interviewee just sat there with a piece of paper in her hand and headphones on.

April let out a small sigh. “I’m afraid that people won’t recognize me,” April started, looking down from the camera. “If they come at me, well, I wouldn’t say I would be surprised. It is warranted for me to get attacks. Especially when it’s from someone as famous as Taehyung. This would be a difficult one.”

The studio continued to stay silent. April looked up and stayed quiet. There was no reason for her to continue. She had just expressed her true feelings.

---

“Okay, so we are going to be filming you directly from here,” Sai-PD directed April as she was sitting in a van all by herself. They had already reached the amusement park and it wasn’t as busy as she expected. Nonetheless, they all probably knew who Taehyung was, especially the younger generation. This would create a buzz, exactly as Sai-PD wanted.

“You will be followed by a hidden camera. We would like that you two proceed into the amusement park with barely any supervision,” Said continued and then stopped short. She looked rather distraught, as if she was reconsidering her decision to let them go with less supervision. This was rather risky.

“The chances of getting caught?” April started questioning.

“The more staff there are around, the more attention it will bring. We will do this discreetly.”

April didn’t get the chance to say reply back when Sai shuffled the papers in her hands and opened the van door to leave. She got out and heaved a sigh. “Just be careful out there okay.”

April nodded, still in a daze. She wasn’t sure if this was going to be as they planned.

---

April waited as Taehyung came around the parking lot wearing a black hat and a black mask to cover his face. He had on casual faded jeans and a black shirt. He approached her with a cold look. She noticed that someone was following him. He was all covered, masked but the sleeve of his shirt was covering his right hand. April realized it was a camera.

As soon as Taehyung stopped in front of her, April couldn’t help but breathe in as he pulled down the mask slightly to reveal his plump thick lips and he smirked. “Time to rock,” he said.

April her lips as Taehyung walked ahead of her. She pursed her lips. Taehyung what are you playing?

April tried her best to follow next to him as he strutted a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter