Part 4

Avoiding April
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s note: Chapter requires edit. I am so sorry for the long wait. To be honest, every time I have the motivation to write this, I never seem to have enough inspiration to continue. But I sort of forced myself because it’s been a bit too long. I sincerely hope you enjoyed this chapter.

 

 

Part 4

Everything seemed a little strange. Well, how could it not be? Within a mere few hours, April was suddenly rushed into the entertainment showbiz. It was a lot more overwhelming than she expected as all of the sudden her static world turned into rays of flashing lights. She was merely stunned, not for the position she was in, but for standing in front of the boy she had longed to see again. The boy who turned into a man, who was staring intently into her eyes. The man who she grew familiar with but also ended up feeling like a stranger now in front of her.

“Who are you?”

April held her breath, stunned. She looked back into the eyes of the beautiful young man. He gave a slight frown as he observed her with a questioning look.

“Are you here to see the producer?”

April felt his deep voice reverberating her ears, sending shivers down her spine. His voice had changed. It almost made her heart shake with his every word. She wondered whether this man recognized her. She couldn’t have changed that much. 13 years may seem so long ago, but could it be that he didn’t know who she was?

April cleared , feeling a rush of heat spread through her face and was about to say a word when she realized why he was looking at her confusingly. She placed her hand on where her mask was covering half her face. It suddenly clicked in. He couldn’t tell who she was.

Taehyung tilted his head to the side but April could see the curious light in his eyes. She looked down, feeling rather bashful again. His stare was so intense, it made her knees weak.

She pulled out the envelope she had been holding and quietly handed it over to him. Taehyung frowned slightly, looking down at the piece of paper in her hands. He didn’t say a word but took it away from her. Then there it was again. Taehyung leaned in closer to April. She slightly stepped back as he observed her with a frown.

For one flicker of a second, just that moment, Taehyung’s eyes gleamed. April felt her heart beating quicker. It was as if he could see right through her. What was that? She thought to herself. The gleam in his eyes happened so fast, it made April second guessed herself. Did he recognize her?

“What is this?” he said, shifting his gaze away from her and down to the envelope.

April just nodded, acting her part. She was told not to say a word. This was a surprise disguise, in the hopes that Taehyung could never guess who she was, leaving the audience curious.

Taehyung’s eyes shifted back to mine and his expression suddenly changed, as though he turned into a completely different person. He made a chuckle, almost shy, almost bashful. April was more than taken aback by his swift change in behavior.

“Ah, is this some hidden camera thing where I have to do missions?” Taehyung said with a smile. His eyes flickered in the demi-lit room but then he suddenly looked around, as if trying to find something.

“Are there cameras around?” he asked rather casually, looking around the room with a goofy grin plastered on his face.

April shook her head and bowed. Feeling slightly light headed, she decided to walk away from him. There were a lot of mixed feelings rushing through her heart that she couldn’t understand. A part of her felt a surge of nervousness and longing, while the other was confusion. All she knew was that she needed to get away from him as fast as possible.

As soon as she reached out the door to find the cameramen filming her, she held her hand over her chest. She was still in the act. She had to be professional. Feeling a burst of confidence running through her, April closed her eyes and pretended to be extremely nervous.

“Ah, I was so nervous and scared,” she said as she clutched her shirt. She saw Sai PD watching her from the corner of her eye. “I don’t think he recognized me. Did he?” April acted in confusion, talking to no one in particular, remembering that the audience would be watching her reactions. She tried not to stare back at the camera, though the bright lights were shining on her.

“But he was very handsome,” she said and pulled down her mask to reveal a shy smile, letting her rosy cheeks exposed.

---

Inside the room, Taehyung stood there rigid. He contemplated on running after her but he stopped short. Using his diligent eyes, he looked around the room. There it was, he spotted a few unrecognizable cameras, placed obscurely. It took a few seconds for Taehyung to finally make up his mind. He closed his eyes and touched his lips with his fingers.

“Who was that I wonder,” he said in a louder voice, peeking around. Taehyung made his eyes sparkle in curiosity. He tilted his head to the side, just so the camera couldn’t see him and made a small little snicker.

“Who was that?” he asked again and turned around with a change of expression. He acted as nonchalant as possible, mustering his confused puppy eyes without directly looking at the camera. He walked closer to the center of the room to make sure the camera had a good view of him and stared down at the envelope.

Taehyung knew how to play. Although four years in the industry may seem irrelevant in comparison to his seniors, Taehyung knew the in and out a little too well. Flicking the envelope back and forth, he finally opened the god damn thing. With a sigh he flipped the golden paper from inside and read the letters out loud.

“The chosen one is just a step away from you. You may loathe her, you may desire her. Give her a chance and you may find an irresistible love. Come up to officially meet her under the beautiful blue skies.”

Taehyung almost choked from wanting to physically barf and keep himself from laughing out loud at the cheesiness of the letter. He had a feeling he knew who was behind all of this. It didn’t take long for him to figure out that this was the new reality program. Even though Taehyung had always put up an imprudent, simple minded front on camera, people tend to underestimate his intelligence. Feeling rather amused, he shifted gear.

“Oh really?” Taehyung said in a cute little way and just started at the camera. He walked around the room back and forth, still staring at the letter, bemused. He halted and stared back out in space. Then with a lip bite he turned around to get out of the room. As soon as his back was turned, Taehyung’s face immediately turned cold.

A thought ran inside his head. Something was oddly familiar and he wanted to make sure his gut feelings were correct. It was her. He felt it. The eyes, the glassy sparkle in her eyes…

He bursts the door open to find cameras straight in his face. Pretending to be taken aback, Taehyung let out a small gasp.

“Ah, so I was right?” Taehyung said, looking bewildered. He let out a small nervous laughter and saw Sai PD at the back, hiding behind all the cameras.

She made her way forward and stepped closer to him, signaling the staff to temporarily halt the shooting. With a bright smile, Sai PD bowed her head slightly. “Taehyung, don’t look at me like that,” she said with a slight blush at the sight of him pouting.

“Why do you always like to surprise me like this? Ah,” Taehyung said with a huge grin and a small whine. Sai PD looked genuinely guilty. She his shoulders and reassured him.

“I’m sorry to have to do this to you Taehyung. But this is what the program wanted.”

Taehyung pouted again and looked down, pretending to feel hurt. “Are there more pranks?”

“No, no of course not,” Sai PD said slightly flustered by his saddened face. “You will meet your woman soon.”

Taehyung’s eyes suddenly glimmered when he looked up to stare back at Sai PD. Her face wrinkled slightly and blushed. If only she wasn’t such an old lady, she wouldn’t have to feel so shy around such a young man like Taehyung.

“Are you going to tell me who it is?” Taehyung asked curiously and nudged her shoulders cutely.

“I can’t tell you Taehyung,” she groaned. “You will meet her soon.”

“Is this someone I know?”

Sai PD paused for a second but she frowned and shook her head. “No, I don’t think you have ever met her before.”

Taehyung stood there with a stupid grin on his face, making the stress ridden old woman blush from his beautiful cute face. She placed a hand on her cheeks and bit her lips. It wasn’t the first time Taehyung worked with her. Sai PD was known as a hardball, a hard player in the entertainment industry. There was no other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter