Part 3

Avoiding April
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s note: Chapter requires edit. And I finally found another shop to do my poster. If this was the professional world, I would’ve fought back and showed them all the receipts that they were not delivering their services as promised. Oh well, too bad it’s not real life so I’ll just wait another month :)

 

Part 3

What in the world just happened?

April felt a knot in as she stared at all the cameras pointing at her. It never occurred to her that she was possibly set up in some kind of prank or whether this weird occurrence was all a dream. She just looked around with wide eyes and slightly open as the people around her waited for her response.

“I…”

Nothing came out. April was still dumbfounded. The tall beautiful lady made a wary looking smile and pushed the microphone further to April’s mouth.

“You must be feeling surprised and shocked by this news. I mean I would be too,” she exclaimed with her fake voice. “This was a hidden camera where your compatibility have been tested.”

“Tested?” April asked in a low voice.

“Isn’t she so cute? Look, she is all flustered.” The woman grabbed April’s arm and pulled her up so she could stand next to her. “You have officially been selected as one of the ladies who will be participating in our new reality show Seoul Mate! How do you feel right now?”

April gulped and stared around nervously. She finally found her voice back. “Ah, yes I didn’t know anything,” she said with a blush and pushed her hair behind her ears. “I only came here to audition but I didn’t know there was going to be a test or a hidden camera.”

“It’s going to be exciting April,” the lady said and gave April an insincere smile. “Welcome to Seoul Mate.”

April just nodded silently and heard someone said “cut.”

The lady suddenly stood upright, her face completely altered to a cold and serious expression. She fixed her clothing. She gave April a sneaky little grin and walked away. The rest of the camera crew placed down their equipment, signaling that the recording was over. April just stood there, still in shock.

As if on cue, a short strange woman approached April as she fixed her glasses on her face. She looked at April with a bit of apprehension in her eyes but she quickly masked herself and smiled. “Hey, I’m sorry for this sudden filming. We told your manager that this may happen depending on the results,” she explained monotonously.

April just nodded her head, trying to understand the situation.

“We are actually going straight into filming. Your manager knows that this may eventually happen, depending on the results. But we never told you because we wanted to make this as realistic as possible,” she said without an ounce of sympathy in her voice. She continued to talk as April just stood there in silence, still flustered. Finally the lady sighed and put her head mic down.

“Listen, this is probably going to be super overwhelming for you, but we need you to snap back.”

April blinked. “Oh,” she stammered. “Yes, yes of course. How silly of me. I am listening. Yes, I am.”

The lady just pursed her lips. “My name is Sai, I am the PD for this whole entire workshop. All directions and orders come from me. Do you get it?”

“Yes, absolutely,” April said, this time more convinced.

“Good,” she replied and looked at the papers in her hands. “Come with me, we will need to run through a couple of things with you before you start this. Are you ready?”

Was I ready?

April looked at Sai, the new PD with an oblivious look on her face. Sai just sighed and ushered April to follow her. April watched her back as she turned away.

No, I’m not ready.

---

Taehyung chewed on his gum as he walked down the corridor of the office building. He was supposed to be practicing an upcoming single with Jimin. The corridor was gleaming in the sunlight as the tall seamless windows brought light to the space. He looked down quietly to see people walking down the street. He sighed and noticed a group of high school girls waiting by the security post. They saw Taehyung and started to snap pictures with their cameras.

Taehyung gave a smile and waved a bit. He bit his lips, paused and decided to do a little bit of fan service. With a goofy grin, he placed his hand up above his head and threw them a heart. The girls started to jump up and down in excitement. Taehyung smirked and walked away.

They were so easy.

“You’re so generous on your fan service Taehyung.”

Taehyung turned around to see Jimin walking towards him. He wore a different sleeveless shirt and torn jeans.

“I can’t help it, it runs in my blood,” Taehyung responded. “Where did you get that outfit? It looks good.”

“What, you’re going to steal it from me?”

Taehyung chuckled. “No, just borrow them.”

“You never return my stuff.”

“We live together, what’s yours is mine.”

Jimin snorted and gave a wink to the fans down below as the girls started getting excited. He turned to Taehyung and gave him a knowing look. “They want you in the studio.”

Taehyung sighed and started to walk down the hall, Jimin next to him. “Of course they do. Did you hear the song yet?”

“Yeah, it sounded pretty good for both of our voices,” he exclaimed and wrapped his arms around Taehyung. “I can do anything with you around.”

Taehyung chuckled. “You’re so cheesy I might just punch you.”

“You already tried. You need to start working out again.”

Taehyung made a playful punch and Jimin tried to avoid it by twisting his body to the side. They both chuckled. It had been such a joy working with Jimin. Taehyung always saw him as a brother and a good friend. The big boss had big plans for the duo as they both work well together.

“It’s only going to be this year that we work together right?” Taehyung asked Jimin as they walked down the corridor. A few staff walked by them and gave bows.

“Yeah, I miss the rest of the members though,” Jimin said and pursed his lips. “But they’re busy with their own thing.”

“Yeah, who knew Seokjin would be landing himself in movie roles? We all knew he wanted it so bad though,” Taehyung said and placed his hands in his pocket and looked down the corridor as a bunch of people walked by. “And it looks like you’re getting more roles yourself,” he pointed to Jimin.

Jimin made a small laughter. “Yeah, I didn’t think I’d be acting in drama roles. Who knew? I thought you would be the one to land in an acting role.”

“Yeah,” Taehyung said and trailed off. He stared blankly into space for a few seconds before Jimin interrupted him.

“Are you still seeing her?”

Taehyung blinked and turned to Jimin. He gave him a somewhat bitter look. “Are you going to keep at it?”

“It was a genuine question,” Jimin muttered. “I mean if you and Krystal are actually dating then maybe big boss can say something to the press…”

Taehyung was about to retaliate and say his thoughts when a sudden familiar figure caught his eyes. He stopped in his tracks and turned back in the direction of the corridor. He frowned then blinked a few times. Jimin called him but he wasn’t listening. Feeling a rush of sensation running through Taehyung, he started to run to the end of the hallway.

Like a confused man, he looked left and right to see a bunch of staff walking down the long corridors. He felt her heart started to beat as he tried to find the face he thought he saw.

“What’s wrong?” Jimin called out as he ran up next to him.

“I thought I saw someone I know,” Taehyung mumbled. He just bit his bottom lips and scratched the back of his head. Taehyung didn’t want to sound crazy but it seemed like the person he saw looked awfully familiar. Her figure reminded him of someone he hadn’t seen in years.

“Someone you know? Who?”

Taehyung sighed. “It’s nothing. I’m just seeing things.”

Jimin watched Taehyung suspici

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter