Chapter 9

Housemate

The boys have long gone home, its a little bit past midnight now. Kyungsoo, Sehun and Kai were already in their respective room. As well with Damee, but she just can’t seem to fall asleep.

 

Damee tossed around in her bed as she couldn’t fall asleep, no matter how hard she try to sleep, she kept closing her eyes but to no avail, she’s wide awake. She decided to start doing some research for her winter break assignment.

 

“Ah, it’s too suffocating inside. I’ll just do it outside. It’s still not that cold, just chilly.” Damee told herself. She grabbed her coat and her laptop, she walked downstairs carefully then she made her way to the backyard. She made sure she wore thick clothes and stuck hot patches on herself to keep her warm when she’s outside.

 

Damee shivered by the coldness as her body made contact with the cold air outside. “Uh, it’s cold. But it feels so nice outside, much better than inside.” Damee put the laptop on the table and she sat on the bench.

 

She opened her laptop and started her research. She just couldn’t do her assignment at home or inside her room. Too many distractions and it’s just too suffocating according to Damee.

 

When she’s in deep thought of researching, “Damee, what are you doing here?” A voice suddenly called out her name. Damee looked up and she saw Kai stood by the door, prepped already with his thick jacket and scarf.

 

“I can’t sleep, so I decided to do research for my winter break assignment. What about you, Kai?” Damee closed her laptop.

 

Kai made his way toward Damee and sat beside her. “Can’t sleep too and then I saw you from my bedroom. See, my bedroom’s window is facing the backyard.” Kai pointed toward his bedroom.

 

“It to not able fall asleep while the others are falling asleep already by now.” Damee huffed as she opened her laptop again and started scrolling up and down again.

 

“It’s even more to do assignment at late night like this.” Kai nudged Damee softly then laughed.

 

“Yes, thank you for your reminder.” Damee glared at Kai then continued her research.

 

“What assignment are you doing?”

 

“It’s for my legal memo. I’m just doing research right now, haven’t start making it for real.” Damee pushed her laptop a bit so Kai can see what she’s doing.

 

“Want me to help you with something?” Kai asked.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. Just have you here accompany me is good already.”

 

“Oh, I should accompany you here?” Kai raised his eyebrow.

 

Damee’s jaw drop, “Oh you have no plans of accompanying me when you sat comfortably already beside me?”

 

Kai laughed heartily. “Don’t worry, it’s my intention from the first to accompany you. If it’s just you doing your assignment outside here, you’ll be so cold and lonely, which will make you much colder. Cold lonely lady.” Kai teased Damee.

 

“Yes, thank you warm not lonely guy.” Damee tilted her head down as if she’s bowing then she raised her head up and stuck out her tongue at Kai. Kai just chuckled at her action and unknowingly Kai ruffled Damee’s hair, while Damee who’s slightly got surprised just staying still there.

 

Both of them went silent, while Damee continued doing her research as for Kai, he just scrolled through his phone, not wanting to disturb Damee. Just then the silent was broken with a cough by Damee.

 

Kai turned his head and he could tell Damee was slightly chilled. Kai pulled out one of his arm off the coat then put half part of the coat on Damee’s shoulder. So both of them got real close because they both shared Kai’s coat.

 

“Oh thanks, Kai.” Damee smiled and grateful for Kai’s kind gesture.

 

“No problem, cold lonely lady.” Kai chuckled and he earned a smack on his arm. He grunted as he rubbed his arm. “You still can smack me that hard? I thought your hands are freezing.” Kai poked Damee’s hand.

 

“I have strong hands, unlike you. Obviously.” Damee sneered as she looked at Kai’s hand with an expression as if she’s telling that his hands are weak out loud.

 

Kai then pinched Damee’s cheeks to prove that his hands are not weak. “Not so weak anymore, now huh?” Kai grinned cheekily while Damee rubbed her cheeks as she glared at Kai while Kai just laughed it off.

 

“Yes, yes. Just to make you happy.” Damee said as she continued doing her research.

 

“Aww, you’re trying to make me happy. I’m flattered.” Kai fanned himself while grinning widely, that made Damee’s jaw drop.

 

“I’m such an angel, I know. Making everyone around me happy.” Damee smiled sweetly.

 

“Yeah, right. An angel who love to hit other person.” Kai rubbed his arm where he got hit by Damee earlier. Damee just glared at him then both of them laughed together. With that, Damee soon had forgotten her research and continued to chat with Kai and laughed together until they had forgotten that time flies.

 

“Wait, wait. What time is it now?” Kai asked. He pulled out his cellphone from his pocket. “It’s past 3am already!” Kai exclaimed in surprised.

 

“Phew, time flies. Thankfully tomorrow is Saturday. It’s fine if we wake up late anyway.” Damee closed the lid of her laptop and stuffed the laptop to its case. “Now that you mention the time, I got sleepy.” Damee chuckled and followed with a yawn.

 

“Let’s sleep.” Kai smiled warmly. Damee just nodded and hugged her laptop to her chest tightly. Both of them got inside and they both sighed in relieve for finally being warm again.

 

“Good night, Kai. Thank you for accompanying me and thank you for the good chat.” Damee smiled. Both of them walked together toward their room since their room were opposite to each other.

 

Both of them stopped in front of their own bedroom. “Thank you for the good chat as well. Good night, Damee.” Kai smiled and he watched Damee entered her bedroom first, then after that Kai entered his own bedroom. 


 

So sorry for the very very late update. No excuse for this. Well, after my diarrhea stopped, then I have two job interviews so I was preparing for that then after it's done, honestly, I got lazy.
Truly sorry. I'm doing my best right now to back on track.
Thank you for reading :)