Chapter 7

Housemate

“So your legal memo will due next week right before the winter break. If you’re late in submitting, I won’t receive your assignment, means you’ll get zero.” The lecturer said as he tidied up his books and prepared to dismiss the class. The class groaned in unison hearing such terms. “Class dismissed.” The lecturer then left the class.

 

“Bummer. Just right before winter break and now we have this assignment. Even the other lecturer didn’t give us any assignments!” Youngji complained while she slung her bag on her shoulder.

 

“I know right.” Damee sighed as well, followed by the other girls. Then Damee along with her other friends left the class and went for lunch since it’s been a while since the last time they had lunch together.

 

Once they’re at the restaurant and they’re done ordering food, Youngji decided to speak. “So where do you live now?”

 

“I live with my brother’s best friends now. We live in one of his best friends’ house.” Damee answered.

 

“You live with boys?” The other girl named Rahee asked in surprise.

 

“Had no choice.” Damee shrugged.

 

“So much for running away.” Youngji muttered which Damee glared upon her for making such remarks.

 

“You should go home soon.” Minkyung said as she stirred her drink.

 

“I’m still finding the right time.” Damee replied.

 

“Which I think will happen in another 50 years.” Youngji retorted then she laughed. Damee just went into silent hearing her friends advice.

Suddenly a text came to Damee’s phone.

 

Sehun:

Where are you? Done with your class?

 

Damee quickly hit reply button and replied Sehun saying that she’s at a restaurant near campus.

 

Sehun:

Oh I was nearby as well. Want to go home together later?

 

Damee replied to Sehun saying that she’s agreeing his plan. The girls continued their chat while eating, not mentioning about Damee’s problem anymore, they just wanted to have fun for now and to not make Damee even more stressful than she already has.

 

“We’re going home then, okay? You’ll go home with one of your housemate?” Youngji fixed her scarf since it’s getting colder now, even colder when they got out of the warm restaurant.

 

“Yes, don’t worry about me. I’ll just wait at that café.” Damee pointed to the café right across the street. The girls waved each other goodbye and Damee walked toward the zebra cross and waited for the light turned to green so she can cross the road safely.

 

The light turned green and Damee started to walk along with other people. Just then she felt someone gripped on her shoulder suddenly and it surprised her until Damee jumped in surprise. When she turned her head over, she saw Sehun grinning like a cheeky boy.

 

“You surprised me!” Damee hit Sehun’s arm who’s only rubbing his arm while still grinning and now walking side by side with Damee.

 

“You looked so lonely crossing the road in between all these people.” Sehun poke Damee’s shoulder. Damee just rolled her eyes.

“Yes, yes. Thanks to you now I’m not lonely anymore.” Damee said sarcastically.

 

“Ouch, you hurt my feeling.” Sehun clutched his chest as if he’s in pain and that earned another hit on his arm by Damee and the two of them were laughing as they crossed the road.

 

Both of them entered a café and thankfully it’s not that crowded and it’s quiet. They ordered their drinks and they both sat near the window.

 

“Should we start find idea of our winter trip?” Damee asked and ready with her phone to do some research for their winter trip.

 

“Sure!” Sehun also pulled out his phone and both of them started to search for places that’s good for winter trip.

 

“Oh I found a nice resort, they have private ski place and ice skate rink.” Damee showed Sehun her phone screen. Sehun nodded in agreement.

 

“Oh I have heard a lot about that resort. It’s a great place, I heard. It also has hot spring as well as public bath, sort of like that.” Damee then smiled even wider hearing those good things.

 

“Let’s tell the other about this then later? I heard they’re all coming tonight, right?” Damee asked.

 

“Yes, we’ll tell them by then.” Sehun said.

 

Damee couldn’t wait more for her winter break to start so she can have her trip soon. She can’t wait to have fun during her winter break despite the coldness of the weather.

 

Both of them then continued their chat and laughing at each other’s jokes. Sehun felt happy and warm having Damee accompanied him and he had fun even it’s just simply drinking coffee and just talking.

The two of them waited for their bus since it’s almost time for the others to visit the house. They had to prepare dinner as well and they’re hungry as well, so they decided to go home by bus.

 

Damee had forgotten to wear her mittens as she had not thought the weather will be this cold. She rubbed her both hands furiously while blew some air into it.

 

“Too cold?” Sehun asked and Damee just simply nodded, not having enough energy to actually speak. Then Sehun grabbed Damee’s right hand and he put it inside his jacket’s pocket. “At least, your right hand won’t freeze and in that way you still can have your right hand perfectly fine just in case your left hand went to freeze.” Sehun stuck out his tongue.

 

“Both my hands will be perfectly fine. Thank you.” Damee stuck out her tongue back to Sehun. “But thank you, really. For this.” She said as she eyed her right hand that’s inside Sehun’s jacket pocket right now, side by side with Sehun’s left hand that’s inside the pocket as well.

 

Sehun nodded and smiled warmly. He felt giddy and happy by having his hand and Damee’s hand inside one pocket. He’s getting way more comfortable with Damee by now, and he didn’t mind it. In fact, he’s happy about it somehow.

 


Updated! Possible double update or even more today.
Thank you for reading
Subscribers, comments, and votes are very well-loved and welcome :)