Chapter 6

Housemate

“Ah, I’m full.” Damee said while rubbing her tummy in bliss.

 

“Me too. Let’s pay?” Kai asked which responded by Damee’s nod. Kai then called the waiter for the bill.

 

The waiter then came with the bill and handed over to Kai. Kai took it and he scanned it to make sure they got the right bill with the right order listed on the bill, then he took out few bills and placed it, with that the waiter left their table.

 

“How much do I have to pay?” Damee opened her wallet, ready to take out some money.

 

“Nah, it’s okay. It’s on me to welcome you as our new housemate.” Damee frowned when she heard that but quickly she smiled to Kai.

 

“Thank you so much, Kai.” Damee smiled and Kai smiled in return.

 

Once Kai received his change, both of them left the restaurant and started wandering around Hongdae since both of them still not feeling going home yet.

 

The night has turned dark yet Hongdae is getting livelier instead. They visited few shops, tried on things and made jokes and laughed together. They were having fun and they just realized maybe it’s time for them to go back home.

 

They were walking on a less crowded alley to avoid the crowds, just then Kai saw there’s a man walking stumbling as if he’s about to fell down. Kai knew that man was drunk and it can cause problem if that man accidentally bumped into Kai and Damee.

 

Kai then grabbed Damee’s hand and suddenly started making a u-turn and started running to avoid that man, to get out from that alley to the main road. Damee was confused why he suddenly dragged her, plus they were running as if they got chased.

 

“Kai! Why are we running?” Damee shouted as they both kept running and they saw the main road not far from them. Once they’re on the main road and the drunken man cannot be seen anymore, Kai halted and panted.

 

“Sorry Damee. I saw a drunken man and I just simply don’t want us getting into trouble if we were to bump into him. Plus, it’s a good exercise after eating a lot, right?” Kai smirked but still panted after running.

 

“Good exercise? Are you kidding me? I don’t need exercise! Now I need to eat again, hungry from all those running.” Damee panted while looking around to find what should she eat next.

 

“Now that is exactly why you really need exercise.” Kai smirked then chuckled.

 

Damee widened her eyes in disbelief. “Are you saying that I‘m fat and I need to exercise to lose weight?”

 

“Easy girl. I never said that though.” Kai chuckled which made Damee even more annoyed. “I’m kidding, Damee. You’re good already, no need to lose weight anymore.” Kai, who realized that he’s still holding her arm, lightly squeezed her arm while chuckling softly.

 

“Oh, so now you’re saying that I have a proportionate body and y?” Damee raised her eyebrow and smirked toward Kai. Kai immediately became speechless at her remark. Damee laughed seeing Kai’s expression. “Chill out, Kai. I was just kidding.” Damee nudged her elbow to Kai’s side.

 

Kai stuck out his tongue, “Of course I know you were kidding. Because, well, you can see the truth.” Kai eyed Damee from top to bottom with a smug smile on his face. Damee hit Kai’s arm lightly in annoyance.

 

“Did you know how to fight? You hit pretty hard.” Kai rubbed his arm.

 

“Oh please, it was a light hit. Ah, no wonder you ran away from the drunken man because hold on, don’t tell me you cannot fight or at least defense yourself?” Damee smirked as she kept poking Kai’s arm with her elbow.

 

“Oh please, you know nothing.” Damee just laughed at his response and Kai just shook his head while chuckling.

 

“But you do know that you need to get exercise, right?” Kai grinned again and Damee just groaned in annoyance.

 

“Oh please, you too.” Damee eyed Kai’s stomach as if Kai has protruding stomach.

 

“Hey! I have flat tummy and abs!” Kai rubbed his tummy.

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Damee mocked while kept grinning to annoy Kai even more and Kai just sighed in defeat while Damee grew ecstatic by that.

 

Both of them then grabbed a taxi to get home. Once they’re home, they saw Kyungsoo and Sehun were in the living room downstairs watching TV.

 

“We’re home!” Both of them chanted at the same time, as they approached the two other guys and plopped themselves at the couch.

 

“Where have you been?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Hongdae.” Damee shrugged.

 

“What? You went there and you didn’t invite us?” Sehun raised his voice. He was dead bored at home and these two persons went out having fun? He wanted to have fun as well.

 

“Blame your group project.” Kai stuck out his tongue and Sehun threw a pillow right into Kai’s face but Kai managed to dodge the pillow and stuck out his tongue. Sehun glared at Kai while Kyungsoo and Damee just laughed watching the two of them.

“Sorry Damee, I couldn’t hang out with you after class today.” Sehun glanced at Damee.

 

“No problem, Sehun.” Damee smiled. “We can hang out again next time, even better all the four of us can hang out together. That would be fun.” Damee felt happy just by the thought she’s hanging out with them, even better with her brother and the other friends as well.

 

“Oh it’s snowing! First snow!” Kyungsoo who faced the window saw the snow. We all got excited and hurried to the backyard. The four of them were so happy at the thought of first snow and they’re all were together.

 

“Ah, it’s truly winter now.” Damee held out her hand as the snow fell into her hand. She then rubbed her both hands because it’s getting colder then she stuffed it into her pocket.

 

“Good thing it means winter break is approaching soon!” Kyungsoo shouted in happiness, which made the other three realized indeed winter break is approaching soon, means no classes and assignments.

 

“We totally should plan winter trip with the others as well!” Sehun said and the others gladly nodded enthusiastically at his propose. They grew excited and happy with the thought of having winter trip together.

 


Sorry for the late update, got caught with something and I had plans on Valentine's Day and the other day before
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!
Thank you for reading :)