Chapter 5

Housemate

Damee’s class finally had ended, she was stuffing her notebooks inside her bag while chatting and laughing with her friends, just then she noticed that her phone was buzzing and vibrating as she had put it in silent mode.

 

Damee saw that it was a text from Sehun saying that he couldn’t meet up after class since he suddenly had a group meeting and he got caught up in the meeting to discuss about the group project. Damee felt rather dejected seeing that Sehun couldn’t meet her up.

 

Just then, she received another text and this time from Kai.

 

Kai:

Have you done with your class?

 

Damee quickly hit reply saying that she’s done and he replied Damee almost instantly,

 

Kai:

Me too. My class ended earlier. Let’s meet?

 

She was smiling unknowingly when she read Kai’s text and she replied confirming that she will meet him. She felt glad that she at least get to hang out with Kai instead of going home right away, since most of her friends had another class that day as well so she couldn’t go out with them as well.

 

Kai:

Okay, I’ll wait at your building’s entrance. See you.

 

“Oh, someone’s smiling, who texted you?” Youngji teased Damee as she nudged her with her elbow followed with the other girls.

 

“No one!” Damee stuck out her tongue while avoiding her friends’ elbow.

“Very well, if you still don’t want to spill it. Sooner or later, I will make you spill it.” Youngji said while sending her glare.

 

“Someday, maybe five years from now.” Damee shrugged then laughed while the other girls kept telling her to spill. “Gotta go, bye girls! Have fun at your next class!” Damee said while waved her hand. Then she headed to the entrance of her building. Damee’s faculty building and Kai’s faculty building are only next to each other, unlike Sehun’s faculty building.

 

Damee then saw a figure in grey t-shirt with black jeans leaning against the wall while scrolling his cell phone. She could tell it’s Kai right away. She decided to approach him quietly then later surprised him, remember how he got surprised this morning.

 

“Boo!” Damee shouted all of a sudden while tapped Kai’s arm all of a sudden. He sure did get surprised like this morning. He jumped in surprised then looked to his right and he saw Damee already laughing.

 

“You should stop doing that, or else.” Kai rubbed his chest as he panted.

 

“Or else, what? Not scared.” Damee stuck out her tongue playfully at him.

 

“You’ll see.” Kai then smirked.

 

Damee lightly hit Kai’s arm. “See what! Uh fine, I’ll stop surprising you.” Kai just laughed because of her response.

 

“I’m not in the mood to go back home right away.” Kai shrugged as he kicked the pebbles on the road as they walked toward the university gate to leave the compound.

 

“Beat me.” Damee sighed. “Let’s go to Hongdae!” Damee said as she turned her head to see Kai with a huge grin of her face. Kai heard her suggestion and couldn’t help but to grin widely as well.

 

“Hongdae it is!” Kai nodded at Damee and both of them decided to just grab the taxi to go there faster.

 

Even though it’s Thursday, Hongdae still packed with crowds even though not as crowded as during weekend of course. Damee inhaled the fresh air in happiness.

 

“I’m suddenly hungry.” Damee rubbed her stomach while glancing around looking at the cafes.

 

“Count me in. Let’s grab something to eat. Oh that café, I heard they served a really good pasta.” Kai pointed to a café that dominated with white color in a classic design.

 

“Right when I’m craving for pasta. Let’s go!” Damee suddenly grabbed Kai’s arm and pulled him along which Kai didn’t mind at all of course. Damee realized by now that Kai often put a cold façade when she knew that he’s a warm and lively person as what Chanyeol often told her in the past when Chanyeol told Damee about his day with his best friends, so Damee decided to be extra lively around Kai to let Kai got more comfortable around her, after all they’re housemate now.

 

Both of them got seated and they carefully read the menu, pondering on what to order. Damee then put down her menu as she already had in her mind what to order, followed by Kai.

 

One of the waiters then approached their table and asked them whether they’re ready to order.

 

“I’ll have the Baked Penne please and Iced Lychee Tea.” Damee told the waiter.

 

“I’ll have the Fettuccine Carbonara and same drink, Iced Lychee Tea. Thanks.” Kai said, with that the waiter left them both as the waiter put the order in the kitchen.

 

“No wonder it’s packed, as you said maybe they do serve great pasta here.” Damee put both of her hand on her chin to support her chin while she looked around the café. She liked the ambience of the café and the interior of the café already.

“Probably. So how’s your class?” Kai asked as he crossed his arms in front of him at the table.

 

“Boring as usual, yours?”

 

“Almost made me fell asleep.” Both of them chuckled and they continued chatting with jokes here and there. Then the waiter came with two plates on her each hand and she carefully put the plates on the table.

 

“This looked so good.” Damee gulped down as she took out her cell phone and took a picture of it. “I’m going to make Sehun and Kyungsoo jealous. Oh Chanyeol too!” Damee grinned cheekily as she hit the share button on their newly created group chat, except Chanyeol of course as she sent to him separately.

 

She also took a picture of their meal along with Kai in the frame as well, she hit share button on their group chat also on she uploaded it on her social media. She smiled in satisfaction, she then started to grabbed her spoon and have some of the pasta.

 

Damee squaled in delight as the pasta touched her taste bud. “You were right, Kai! This is so good!”

 

“Glad you liked it. It is indeed good.” Kai twirled some of the pasta with his fork then eat it. “You want to try mine?” Kai offered.

 

“Oh can I?” Damee looked at Kai expectantly with happy written all over her face which made Kai chuckled looking at Damee’s happy face.

 

“Of course.” Kai then twirled some of the pasta to his fork then held it up closer to Damee so she can eat it from his fork easily.

 

Damee unknowingly stared at the fork as she realized that if she ate the pasta from Kai’s fork, it meant they would share an indirect kiss. Then Damee looked at Kai but looking Kai seemed not realize of such fact or maybe he didn’t care about it, Damee then decided to shrugged it off then have a bite of the pasta.

“Yours are really good as well, Kai! Here try mine as well.” Damee grab a bite of the pasta with her spoon and held it up for Kai as well, as she thought she already had a bite using his fork, so Kai wouldn’t mind either right?

 

‘She actually want me to eat off her own fork? You know what it’s meant right. Damn, Kai. She already ate off your own fork as well.’ Kai mentally slapped himself for not realizing it beforehand. He ate the pasta that was offered by Damee.

 

“Hmm, yours are good! We might become a regular in here.” Kai grinned as he continued to eat his pasta while Damee nodded happily.

 

“So, does your ex-boyfriend still annoy you?” Kai suddenly asked and his question made Damee stopped eating then stared at Kai.

 

“Umm, not really.” Damee shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“What did he do after you guys break up anyway?” Kai asked curiously while wiping his mouth with the napkin.

 

“Hmm he kept texting me, calling me, even until came to my house all the time. So yeah.” Damee looked to her own plate as she explained to Kai.

 

Kai sighed. “It must have been hard for you.” Damee just smiled a bit and nodded. “Thankfully, Sehun did not do any of those things though.” Kai chuckled.

 

“Sehun?” Damee raised her eyebrows in confusion.

 

“Oh, he just got broke up two weeks ago.”

 

“It must have been hard on him as well.” Damee frowned while Kai just nodded. Both of them continued eating while chatting, getting to know each other better with laughter and jokes in between.

 


Here's the update, guys.
I forgot that I had to revised my thesis, so I revised that first then continue write this.
Yeay, we're getting there already, slowly but sure LOL
Thank you for reading :)
Comments, subcribers and love are welcomed and well-loved!