Chapter 3

Housemate

Once they all arrived at the near grocery store, they decided to bring shopping cart since they’re going to buy many things also Damee mentioned about buying some necessities as well, which she didn’t have the chance to brought it from her home.

 

“Let’s buy the meat first, okay?” Kyungsoo pushed the cart helped by Sehun while Kai and Damee walked beside them. They automatically walked toward the meat section. They chose the meat carefully also additional meat just in case they wanted to have barbecue later on or just for supply at the house.

 

“Since we’re all hungry, how about we divided into two groups? Me and Sehun will buy the seasoning for the meat sauce and Damee and Kai will buy Damee’s necessities as well the side dishes such as the potato and vegetables, is that alright?” Kyungsoo told the others.

 

“Sure.” Kai answered as he took a glimpse of Damee who stood beside him, who by now flashed him a smile.

 

“Hmm, I need towels and bathroom mat. I only brought few towels.” Damee said, right now they brought a shopping basket instead of shopping cart since it will be too big.

 

“What else do you need?” Kai asked while he grabbed the basket from Damee’s hand.

 

“Hmm, I need toothpaste, hand soap, what else. Let’s just buy those first.” Damee smiled at Kai.

 

Just then, there’s a bunch of kids who were running around, chasing each other and made commotion. One of the kids ran toward Damee and Kai, Kai saw that kid will knock into Damee. Then Kai held his arm out behind Damee’s shoulder to protect her from getting knocked as he also motioned her to move closer to the shelves to avoid the kids.

 

“Oh, thank you Kai.” Damee put a strand of her hair behind her ear. Kai could see a hint of blush on her cheeks and he smiled inside his mind.

 

“No problem.” Kai coolly replied. Both of them continued to buy what they’re supposed to buy and when everything needed by them have been bought, they decided to waited near the cashier area as the four of them already agreed to meet there once everything’s done.

 

“Sorry we took so long, blame this kiddo here who’s trying to buy the whole shelf of snacks!” Kyungsoo glared at Sehun who just grinned happily with his full-of-snacks shopping cart.

 

“That’s okay, it didn’t take that long.” Damee replied

 

“See, Damee understand me really well. Don’t worry, I got your snacks already.” Sehun winked at Damee playfully, which earned a smack on his head by Kyungsoo.

 

“Talk as if you had known her for five years. They’re all your snacks, you kiddo.” Kyungsoo sneered at him as he proceeded to the cashier. Kyungsoo had told Damee when it comes to grocery shopping, the bills will be split among them, just to be fair so there won’t be money issue among them.

 

“It’s okay, don’t worry Sehun, I’ll eat them all. Well, including your snacks too probably.” Damee stuck out her tongue at Sehun who got shocked hearing that then all of them laughed together.

 


 

They’re all busy prepping the ingredient, well since Sehun and Kai were up to no good in cooking, they’re all designated to wash the vegetables and cut them, while Kyungsoo and Damee prepared the meat and the seasoning.

 

“So, you cook well, huh?” Kai asked as he chopped the vegetables unevenly.

 

“Just okay, I suppose. I bet I’m nowhere as good as Kyungsoo.” Damee chuckled while Kyungsoo made a face toward the other boys ‘see I’m that great’, which made the other boys rolled their eyes. “What about you, Kai?” Damee asked.

 

“Only know how to cook ramen.” Kai chuckled shyly.

 

“Sehun?”

 

“Oh dear, don’t even ask him.” Kyungsoo butted in.

 

Sehun glared at him, “What! I can cook water and well ramen I suppose.” He tried to defend himself.

 

“Yeah, right.” Kai snorted at Sehun’s statement. “You should teach him how to cook at least ramen, Damee.” Kai then laughed along with Kyungsoo and both of them high five together.

 

“I don’t mind learning cooking with Damee. Much better than being taught by Kyungsoo.” Sehun stuck out his tongue at Kyungsoo.

 

The four of them grew closer as they all cook together. Maybe it’s all because Damee knew that these guys were Chanyeol’s best friends so it’s like she knew them well already and grew accustomed to them already.

 

In no time, the dinner was all set. The four of them cooked steak with black pepper sauce and fries as well roast vegetables. It looked really yummy as the four of them gulped as they stared at the plate in front of them.

 

“Thank you for the food!” The four of them exclaimed in happiness as they started digging in. Once they all took a bite, they all sighed in happiness and conversed with each other of how delicious the meal today.

 

“Damee, please cook everyday for us, so we won’t have to spend much money on food anymore.” Sehun chewed on his steak happily as he was cutting for another bite.

“Yah, I already cook for you guys everyday and it’s very delicious!” Kyungsoo complained and rather felt hurt for his cooking didn’t get acknowledge.

 

“Still, it’s different since it’s a girl who cook it.” Sehun shrugged as Kyungsoo only able to shake his head.

 

The four of them continued their meal while chatted together and laughed together. It was a happy moment; Damee forgot her problem in that moment, which she felt really glad for it.

 

Then after they’re all done with their meal and tired from laughing too much, Kyungsoo excused himself since he got assignment he had to do since it’s due tomorrow, as well as Kai. That left Damee and Sehun at the dining room.

 

“So, how long you guys already lived together?” Damee asked.

 

“Since the first semester, so it’s almost two years now. It was great you know lived with your own friends, not lonely.” Sehun chuckled as he remembered all the fun times they all had. “And often your brother and the others had sleepover in here, which added more fun.” Sehun added.

 

“Indeed, it sounds fun. Thank you though for welcoming me.” Damee smiled, responded by Sehun by coughing nervously.

 

“Sure, anytime. The more the merrier, right?” Damee nodded happily. “So what time is your first class tomorrow?” Sehun asked.

 

“It’s on 10am, yours?”

 

“Oh, me too! Let’s go to the campus together, then? Our buildings are near anyway.”

 

“Sounds great to me.” Damee grinned. Both of them continue chatted together and laughed together as the night deepened, along with their relationship.

 


New chapter! Slowly getting to the main plot as I also wanted to show that their getting closer to each other :)
I'm still regaining that feeling of writing back, so bear with me, thank you :D
Subscribers, comments, and votes are very welcomed and appreciated and well-loved!