Chapter 4: UKiss

The Good The Bad and the Ignorant

Dongho's P.O.V

                        We pulled up at the bus station and got out the van.It was freezing and the bus was supposed to be waiting for us, not we for it. I started complaining about the temperature to Eli-hyung, who happened to be closer to me, and eventually told me to deal with it and walked away. So I decided to go to Xander-hyung instead. He is more understanding, anyway. I turned around and saw him talking to a strange (foreigner?) beggar child. Thinking he wanted moneyarrow-10x10.png, I took 1500 won out my wallet and walked over to them. As I got closer I heard the word cigarette escape the boys' mouth, and froze. Is that why he wanted moneyarrow-10x10.png? I tried to listen closely at what they were saying, but couldn't understand a word. They had switched to English, it seems. I continued trying though, nonetheless. I caught a few words here and  there, like dad, buy, himself. So his dad sent him? Or, his dad gave him permission? Is that what he was saying? There was a pause and I saw Xander-hyung looking at the kid with a sad expression, and the kid turned around and was ready to leave when Xander-hyung called him and he went back. Their voices were softer now and I couldn't hear what they were saying. Just then, the bus came and our manager called us. I decided to leave it to hyung and got into the bus.

"Who's that kid?", Kibum-hyung asked me.

"How should I know?", I replied. I wasn't sure whether I should tell them what I'd heard.

"You were closer to them", Kibum-hyung mumbled as he sank back into his seat.

"She doesn't look Korean", Kevin-hyung pointed out looking at the other two through the window. Wait a second. She? wasn't it a he?  I looked at the kid again. Sure, he had long wavy hair, but his face reminded me more of a boys'.

"I think it's a boy, hyung", I said.

" You think so?", he asked glancing at him.

"No, look at her hair, it's so long and girly-whirly wavy." Soohyun-hyung said. By this time, all U Kiss members, including the manager, were staring out the window at the child.

"Were do you think he's from? He's certainly not Korean," Eli-hyung said.

"And what's up with his hair?" Kiseop spoke up for the first time since we got in the bus. Indeed, his hair was the strangest thing about him. It was white. Not blonde, but actually white, just as his eyebrows and eyelashes. He didn't posses the standard beauty, but something about him was pleasing to the eye and it made you want to look at him more. His eyes were big and yet somehow slanted. The only possibly ugly thing about him was that he was too thin. Extremely thin. I started feeling sorry for him.

"Xander's coming, Eli announced snapping me out of my thoughts.

"And so is the kid", Kiseop pointed out. He was right the kid was right behind hyung, following him, but he didn't seem to mind at all. Hyung got on to the bus, but the kid stayed outside hesitating. At last Xander-hyung pulled him in and we set off. We all looked at hyung, waiting for him to explain himself. Instead, he placed his hands on the boys shoulders, smiled and said:

" This is Alexander. He will be coming with us today."