Chapter 3: Jack

The Good The Bad and the Ignorant

   Jack watched as Sasha followed the young man into the bus. She wasn't jealous, no, it wasn't that. She was hurt. Was he leaving her? Him too? She turned around and walked back. Her eyes were stinging from the tears that were forming.She stopped under a bridge and emptied a quarter of the glue tube into a plastic bag and inhaled.It took her a few minutes to get high. She knew she should have stopped there, but it felt so good and she it wouldn't last more than a couple minutes so she kept breathing in and out the content of the bag until she finally fell unconscious.

~Flashback~

"Nii-san, pass me the ball", Alice called waddling behind his big brother. Jack sat quitelly in her corner watching her brothers playing. She wanted to join in, but she knew she wasn't allowed to so she just sat back and watched.

"Jackie, come, let's play." Jack felt a tug at her arm. She looked up and saw her twin brother looking at her with an impatient yet loving smile on his face. Her eyes trailed off to her older brother who had stopped in the middle of the room and was staring at her intensely with a scowl. She looked away and tried to freearrow-10x10.png herself from Alice's grip, but he was stronger and he pulled her up and dragged her along. She didn't dare to look up at her big brother, but she could hear him drop the ball and walk away.

"Wait, Nii-san don't go, please." Alice rushed and caught Ed by the corner of his T-shirt, while still holding on to Jack.

"Go away or don't bring her with you. I don't want to look at her." Ed shouted trying to get away.

"Please Nii-san, just one game, da? Just once, no more if you don't want to" Alice said trying to hold on to both of them as each was pulling him opposite ways.

"No!" Ed suddenly turned around violently and pushed Jack hard, causing her to fall flat on her face. Alice screamed in horror as he saw a few drops of blood escaping his sisters lips and Ed, knowing that he was in big trouble ran away and hid in his room.

"What on earth happened?!" In a moment their dad was next to her picking her up and hugging her tight.

"Was it Edmund again?" He asked looking Alice straight in the eye and anger in his voice. Alice started trembling. He didn't want to give his brother away, but he was also sick and tired of Sasha hitting and abusing his little twin sister.

"Alice, I asked you something, answer me", his dad said this time in a calmer voice yet serious nonetheless. Alice gulped.

"It was me." He lied as tears started falling on his pale white cheeks. "We were playing a-a-nd I pushed her hard." his voice trailed of and broke into sobs.

~ End of Flashback~

  Jack woke up with a violent jerk. It was raining, so she decided to stay where she was until it stopped. She was only 4 back then. It had been 5 years since, so why did she remember it now? Sasha hated her back then. Their mother had died when she was born, so Sasha hated her so much, he couldn't stand to look at her. After their father died 4 years ago he started to understand they only had each other through the tough battle of life that they were left to fight alone. When their brother was chosen out of the three of them to get adopted it finally hit home that Jack was the only blood related family and person he loved that he had left in his life. After that, Jack couldn't have asked for a better brother. But...what if he was sick of her? Maybe he wanted to get away from her all along. She mentally slapped herself. No. She wasn't going to doubt Sasha that easily. Not after all he had done for her.   She looked up at the sky and prayed briefly for Sasha's safety, wherever he was.