Chapter 9

In Another Dimension......

(6 months later)

 

The five boys sat around a table in the cafeteria. Dongwan was on his phone, flirting with the girl who gave him the love letter, completely oblivious to Minwoo’s jealous stares. Junjin and Andy were enjoying each other’s presence, sharing drinks and foods every now and then. Each couple is sitting opposite the other with Hyesung was stuck between them.

“So, Hyesung hyung, how is your gang? Do you need help with them?” Andy said, noticing Hyesung’s silence.

Hyesung was caught off guard and paused momentarily before answering.

“It’s ok. The boys are doing well.”

“Oh yeah, about the gangs, I’m thinking of merging all three of our gangs into one. What dou you guys think?” said Minwoo while pulling Dongwan’s sleeve to attract the latter’s attention.

“Great idea! Since we’ve been allies, why don’t we merge them together under the same name.” Junjin sang.

Everyone agreed and they started to think of the name of their new gang. After proposals of some weird names like ‘All for One’, ‘Mystic’, ‘Bomb’, Minwoo suddenly came up with an idea.

“How about ‘Shinhwa’?”

“Call!” Hyesung agreed almost immediately.

“That’s a nice name! Considering that it came from special stupid.” Dongwan chirped.

“Then, Shinhwa it is!”

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Hyesung walked down the side of the road, keeping his head low all the time. Memories of Junghyuk came flooding into his mind while walking down this familiar path. It’s been half a year since that incident and he still hasn’t gotten a new bodyguard. His father did try to assign him a bodyguard for a few times but he rejected all of them. He had just spent four months to get over Junghyuk’s death. He really didn’t need another bodyguard to remind him just how important and special Junghyuk is in his heart.

After the incident, Minwoo, Dongwan, Junjin and Andy had been by his side, supporting him, almost taking over Junghyuk’s duty. But deep down, he felt hollow, like a piece of his soul had been taken away from him. He can still remember the moment when he broke the news to the Phoenix members. How the members cried and mourned the loss of a leader.

Hyesung had stop talking to everyone aside from the four and his gang members. He might seem normal on the outside but inside, he’s damaged beyond repair. He told himself he needed to be strong for Junghyuk but he can’t contain his tears in bed.

Recalling Junghyuk, Hyesung let his tears fall freely without noticing that someone had been secretly following him. When he felt the dark presence, it’s already too late. He got ready to fight but when he turned around, the presence had already faded. Hyesung decided that it was just a false instinct and continued his way home.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Minwoo was pacing back and forth in his room, trying to sort out a way to break-up the Dongwan couple.

‘OMG! That stupid idiot is so madly in love!’

‘This can’t happen! I need to stop them!’

‘How? HOW?? HOOOOWWWWWW?????’

Minwoo pulled his hair in a tight grip trying to get a hold of himself.

‘Think, Minwoo think. DO NOT PANIC.’

But everytime he tried to think, images of Dongwan with the girl clouded his thoughts and his anger will rise.

‘ Breathe in, breathe out. Lee Minwoo, how can you let this happen? Man up, step up and stop them.’

After rounds and rounds of the same process, Minwoo came to a conclusion. He’ll go up to Dongwan and confess his feelings.

 

 

 

 

 

Notes: Sorry about the extremely short chapter and the crazy delay. College happen. Do comment on the ending that you want. I'll appreciate every single comment and try to work towards whatever you guys prefer because apparently, I have two endings in my mind. Hope you guys liked the story!! SHINHWA CHANGJO<3