Chapter 8

In Another Dimension......

(Junghyuk’s POV)

 

Wait, how did master know? I couldn’t bring myself to say anything knowing well I’m pretty much in a dead-end. By the door, Hyesung was stunned.

“Memory-loss boys? Well let me tell you. Eric is the co-leader of the Phoenix. After all this time of wanting to meet this boy, it turns out Eric is my son’s bodyguard, Junghyuk. A slave boy literally have an equal position, equal amount of authority as my son. What a joke.” Said Master Shin with infinite amount of needles in his tone.

I felt the tensed silence in the room as appa winced, realizing only now what I’ve done. We all knew that this was one of the highest level of mistake or more accurately, treason.

“You know well, what this means boy. Jongshin, Hyesung to his room. Jungkook, bring this brat to the rehabilitation room.” Said Master breaking the silence.

I slumped my shoulders in defeat. My mind racing, imagining the pain that will be inflicted by Jungkook hyung, our strongest executor. I might not survive this. Somewhere distant, came Hyesung’s pleading voice that broke my panicked conscience.

“Abbeoji, you can’t do this. Its not his fault! I asked him to do it. He’s merely following his order! Please abbeoji!” Hyesung managed to struggle free of appa’s grip and knelt in front of Master, begging.

Hyesung was in tears. He’s in pain and it’s all my fault.

“Hyesung…..” I choked mid-sentence as I felt a harsh punch across my left cheek that sent me onto the ground.

“What did you call him? He’s your young master, slave! That’s another 20 more for you!” yelled master Shin while gripping my chin so I was facing him.

“S….so..rry Master.”

Jungkook hyung came and dragged me down the hallways and stairs towards the rehabilitation room. On the way there, I could still hear faint sound of Hyesung sobbing and pleading.

I was forced to kneel in the middle of the room and my shirt was tore off before my wrists were secured into the shackles hanging from the ceiling. I felt so vulnerable and completely at Master’s mercy.

I heard Jungkook hyung circling behind me and the sound of the whip being released from it’s handles. I gulp, trying to distract myself with memories with Hyesung.

The first lash came unexpectedly and I had to bit off a scream as it drew a line of fiery pain on my back. The second lash came and I started to wonder if I can get out of this alive. Just one slip of ‘Hyesung’ earned me 20 lashes, the amount the lie brought could at least be 5 times more.

After a dozen of lashes, I’m starting to loose he energy to stay awake. The pain was too much to pain. I can’t even feel the lashes anymore. My whole back is on fiery pain. But then the beatings stopped and I heard Hyesung’s voice again.

“Junghyuk! Come on, don’t forget your promise! Don’t die on me!”

“Hyesung! What are you doing here? Jongshin!”

Promise. Yes, I had a promise to keep.

“Promise me. Promise me to always defend yourself if you’re doing the right thing. Promise me…. to always call me Hyesung……and to leave when I ask you to.”

“Because I’m tired! I’m tired of worrying for you! I’m tired of seeing you living this pathetic slave life!”

I can’t hurt Hyesung. I need to keep my promise. I used my very last strength to get onto my feet and ignited a strong fire to break the shackles. I fought the pain on my back and looked at Master Shin.

“Junghyuk! Go! Run!”

“Junghyuk! What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m keeping my promise, master.” I fired a fire ball at Jungkook which sent him flying onto the wall.

While I was distracted, Master directed a wave of water at me. I was washed to the corner of the room and my fire was extinguished. I yelped at the moment my back came in contact with the wall.

“Pathetic, boy. You’re getting yourself into more trouble.”

I shakily got up and ignited the flames again, only stronger this time. I could feel the energy in me, wanting to surface.

“Sorry, master.” I used my palms as a flamethrower and got master Shin to defend using a water made wall.

As he was occupied, I ran out of the room. I stared into Hyesung’s eyes and got his approval before running towards the gates. I was so into running that I didn’t catch master shouting for his snipers. I got out of the mansion and ran towards the forrest.

Suddenly, a lound ‘BANG’ surprised me. I felt a throbbing pain near my stomach. I checked it with my palms and realized that I was bleeding. I was shot. My foot caught a rock and I tripped, blacking out. Little did I know, Hyesung witnessed everything that has happened from a far.

 

 

 

 

 

Notes: Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! *On my knees and covering my face* I need to do that to write the story further. Poor Ricsyung, having all these happening to them only when the other 4 have their romance going on. So, next chapter will have more of the other four since Junghyuk *coughs**coughs*.  Am I that bad towards my own bias? I'm keeping it a secret for now. hehe. But you can count on the story to be lighter starting from the next chapter.  So, its been some time since uri oppadeuls ended their promotions. I can't express just how much I miss them. Hope they get enough rest before getting up to work again. SHINHWA CHANGJO <3