Chapter 5

In Another Dimension......

A few days had passed since the fight with Jihoon. Junjin was practically dragging his feet through the streets. It was his fault that all this happened. If it wasn’t for him for accepting Jihoon’s challenge, Andy wouldn’t have gotten stabbed, he wouldn’t feel so miserable right now. His phone beeped for the umpteenth time and he finally gave in a checked his messages.

*Jin, remember your date.*

*Jin, you are marrying her. You have no say in this.*

*Jin, pick up the phone*

The messages go on and on and Junjin felt like he just wanted to get away from all this. He threw his phone on the ground and stomped on it before continuing down the street.

He stopped in front of a small and weather-beaten house. He sighed before knocking. The door opened revealing a lady in her 40s.

“Jinnie! Come on in.” She signaled for him to come in.

“Hi, Ms. Lee. How’s Andy doing?”

“He’s up and he looked much better.”

“That’s great.”

“Go talk to him. I’ll be in the kitchen. Stay back for dinner, alright?”

“Sure thanks aunty.” Junjin made his way towards Andy’s room and found the door to be unlocked.

“Andy?”

“Hyung!” Andy greeted warmly.

“How do you feel today? Does it still hurt?” Junjin asked timidly while going over to Andy’s bed.

“Hyung, I’m fine. You’re the one who look worst. What happened?” Andy asked worriedly.

“You know, the date. My parents were bugging me to marry that girl. I don’t like her at all and they won’t hear me out.”

Andy just smiled awkwardly at that statement.

“So, how’s the guys?”

“Well, Minwoo and Dongwan hyung are gearing up for a revenge. They’re waiting for your return to show that Jihoon guy who’s boss.” Junjin said seriously.

“Hyung, you’re still blaming yourself, aren’t you?”

“I…… it is my fault, Andy.” Junjin hung his head low.

“No it’s not. Who would’ve thought that Jihoon would be so unethical? Who would’ve seen that coming? No one right? Don’t blame yourself.” Andy held Junjin’s palm.

Junjin smiled gently knowing that his Andy is still there for him.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Andy woke up at 5 the next day and felt like he’s well enough to go to school. He wore his school uniform and went down to enjoy his breakfast specially made by his mom.

“Omma, morning!” Andy greeted cheerfully.

“Morning, son. Here’s your pancake. Don’t push yourself too hard on the first day of school, kiddo.”

After his mom retreated back into the kitchen, the doorbell rang.

Andy was surprised to see Junjin standing right on his doorstep when he opened the door.

“Jinnie hyung.”

“Morning sunshine! I’m here to pick you up!”

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

As soon as the duo reached the school compound, they spotted Minwoo and Dongwan standing at them main entrance, waiting for them.

“Andy!” Dongwan threw himself at the younger guy.

“AH hyung! Calm down!”

“Oh right mian.” Dongwan let Andy go.

“My turn. Andy! How are you?” And with that, Minwoo threw himself at Andy.

“Yah, hyung~ Andy’s mine!” Junjin pried Minwoo off while pouting.

They all laugh at Junjin’s cuteness.

“Anyway, since Andy’s back, we can have our revenge soon.” Said Minwoo.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

(FLASHBACK)

 

“Hyesung, here’s your personal bodyguard. You can ask him to do whatever you want.” Mr. Shin gave the boy who had his head hung low a slight push at the back.

“Anyeonghasaeyo, master.” The boy said without looking at Hyesung.

“What’s your name?”

“Junghyuk, master.”

After a month since their first meeting, the two 7-year-olds still seems distant and Junghyuk seems to be afraid of Hyesung.

Hyesung was singing in the garden with Junghyuk standing behind him when he called the latter over.

“Hyukkie, I can give you a name right?”

“Yes, master.”

“Great, my personal nickname for you will be……. Pabo.” Hyesung laughed himself.

“Master……. That….”

“You don’t like it?”

Eric nodded his head slowly in embarrassment knowing that he’d just questioned his master’s orders.

“So, you are a human after all. How about, David? Alien? Rose? Puppy? Mosquito?”

Junghyuk shook his head strongly as all the names sounded so funny.

“Hmmmm…. Eric?”

Junghyuk’s face lightened.

“It’s done! I’ll call you Eric when we’re on our own. Let’s be friends from now on!” Hyesung offered a handshake.

Junghyuk hesitated but took the hand shake nonetheless.

 

(END OF FLASHBACK)

 

Junghyuk smiled at the memory. It was Hyesung who colored his life and made him into who he is now. Without Hyesung, he wouldn’t behave so normally in public nor could he have survived this long. Besides his parents, Hyesung was the first person to show him any love and kindness. When he was first introduced to Hyesung, he was so afraid that Hyesung will be a bad master who would abuse him like how Master Shin used to. But Hyesung turned out to be the complete opposite of his father. Junghyuk swore to protect Hyesung with his life as he didn’t know how to repay Hyesung’s kindness.

But now, Hyesung asked him to put everything down and leave when he was told to. He couldn’t. He just couldn’t leave Hyesung alone.

Junghyuk casted a glance at Hyesung who’s sitting beside him attentively listening to the teacher up front.

He’s so beautiful. He looked so as peace but Junghyuk knew well that it was only an act. He noticed how Hyesung’s eye bags had gotten worst after just one night, how his eyes are puffy after a cry.

Junghyuk knew he must’ve cried himself to bed last night. And he felt sorry as he’s the reason for Hyesung’s pain.

‘Ottoke? Whichever path I choose will hurt him. Why can’t we just leave this world and go to a place where no one knew who we are and live a simple and happy life together?’

 

 

 

 

 

Notes: Where is this going? I'm only certain for Ricsyung that it will somehow be *cough* sad *cough*. As for Woodong and Jindy, I'm not sure. So the fight with Jihoon will be coming really soon. It will be the start of A LOT of stuffs. How do you guys want the ending for Ricsyung to be? Happy or sad? Get more angsty or lighter? Comment to let me know! Let me jump to another topic. CONGRATS to SHINHWA oppas for scoring their 4th win!!!!! Another from inkigayo and it'll be an all kill for the week!!!! So proud and happy for them!!!! Go oppas go!!!! SHINHWA CHANGJO<3