Chapter 1

In Another Dimension......

Hi, my name is Minwoo. The year is 2040 and I live in Seoul. The Seoul I live in now is different from the one a few decades ago. After the meteor falling incident in 2020, everything changed. Some of our genes are mutated and superpowers are normal in the society. Those with stronger powers rose and became royal families who form the parliament of the country. Royal families don’t play well with one another, and are mostly enemies. I’m the 3rd of 4 children in my family. The Lee family is one of the stronger royal families. We often fight with the other royal families for power. Those royal families who lost in a battle will either be wiped off entirely or be regarded as slaves to the royal family who beat them.

I’m 18 this year and is in my senior year at SM High. Today, the school is starting its semester and I got up grumpily to get ready for school. I simply put on my uniform and headed down for breakfast.

“Morning mom!”

“Minwoo, morning darling. Come get your breakfast.” Answered my mom who was already done with the breakfast and is sitting relaxingly on her favorite sofa.

I finished off my breakfast and headed to school in my Lamborghini.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

 (3rd person POV)

 

SM High is a school for everyone. But those who are from the royal families will get special attention from the board. Since it’s the first day of school, the school compound is full of students, new and returnees. As Minwoo was walking into the school, everyone was looking at his direction.

“Hey, that’s Minwoo! The co-leader of the Dragon Gang! I heard he is also a royal blood with the power to control wood!” Minwoo heard one of the girls said and chuckled. Yes, he was the co-leader of one of the infamous gangs in SM High, Dragon Gang and has the ability to control natural plants.

Soon, he found himself in his class and he went straight to the guy who was sitting at the last row by the window.

“Hey, Wannie!” He nudged the guy.

“Minbongie! Why are you so late?” The guy hugged Minwoo. He is Kim Dongwan, the sole descendant of the Kim Family and has the ability to change his skin into other inorganic elements such as gold and metal. The Kim Family and Lee Family are associates and so the both of them are great friends and are also the co-leaders of Dragon Gang. The duo always appears together within the school compound which leads the others to mistake them as a couple.

“So, any news?” Minwoo asked after settling down his stuffs.

“Not really, accept that there’s another pair of gang leaders transferring into SM High. That’s not news right?”

“It is, Pabo yah! They could be from our enemies! Let’s go check them out later.”

“Sure. Wanna inform the Wolves?”

“No. We’ll go first. Don’t involve the dongsaengs just yet.”

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

It’s recess time and the duo walked around the school compound to scan for the new students. They were about to give up when they heard some commotion on the rooftop. They both discreetly made their way to the rooftop entry to take a closer look.

“You boys have no idea what you’re doing huh?” said Joonhyung, the leader of Bullets. His men are all armed with bats and knives and was surrounding two boys, one of which with short black hair was standing slightly in front of the other in a defending position.

“You’re Joonhyung, right? The Seo Family’s youngest son. I assume, this is the weak Bullet Gang. You’re no match for us.” Said the guy at the back who has slightly feminine features and skinnier frame. The guy who was defending him did not move but his gaze was sharper than before. Dongwan and Minwoo took a closer look and realized the guy had a nicely built body and a dangerous exotic look.

“Why you! We’re not weak! You’ll pay for insulting us!” Joonhyung released an energy ball from his palm and his men attacked from all directions.

The two guys initiated their attack together. The dark haired guy took the front line with his Fighting skills and easily defeated most of the attackers while the other guy kicked his attackers with his swift Taekwondo kick. In a brief moment, the attackers’ number decreased into 5.

Joonhyung was taken aback but he rashly released another ball of energy towards the duo which was simply blocked by a fireball from the dark haired guy. Joonhyung was stunned.

“Fi….Fire? You….You’re Phoenix?” Joonhyung startled.

“Wow! Are we that famous?” said the Feminine guy.

Joonhyung got on his knees.

“Sorry, sorry I didn’t know you guys are Phoenix! I thought you guys are just some nobodies. Please forgive me, Hyesung hyung! Please!”

“Okay then, get out of my sight before I decide to wipe off your gang.” The feminine guy who was now known as Hyesung waved his hand half-heartedly.

Joonhyung and his men scrambled out of sight.

Minwoo and Dongwan was surprised to learn that the guy that transferred into SM High is the infamously merciless Shin Hyesung, leader of the Phoenix Gang from Doojeon High. It was said that Shin Hyesung has a feminine look but is strong and skilled in both power control and hand-to-hand combat. He’s totally the definition of ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’. But, who’s the other guy with him?

“Are you alright? Did you get hurt?” Asked the guy.

“Just some bruises. It’s fine. These people think too highly of themselves, that they don’t even know what they’re getting themselves into. What a waste of time.” Hyesung complained.

“Just think of it as an exercise.”

Right at that moment, Dongwan accidentally kicked the entry door which earned him a glare from Minwoo.

“Who’s there?” Asked the guy while igniting his palms.

Minwoo and Dongwan quickly showed themselves.

“Uhm, hi?” Dongwan greeted awkwardly.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Minwoo, and he’s Dongwan.”

Hyesung who’s leaning on the wall stood up.

“Wait, Lee Minwoo and Kim Dongwan? Leaders of the Dragons?”

“Well, that’s us. And we also know that you’re Shin Hyesung of the Phoenix Gang.” Minwoo smiled warmly.

“We have nothing to talk about.” Hyesung said coldly.

“Wait, Hyesung. We mean no harm. We just want to be friends.” Said Dongwan.

“We’re enemies. We can’t be friends. Get lost before I attack.”

“How about you? What’s your name?” Minwoo directed the questions at the other guy.

“Eric. Go, before we attack.” Eric simply replied.

“Eric? Which family are you from?” Dongwan asked curiously.

“I can’t tell you that. Not without permission or else I’ll get into trouble.” With that, Eric threw a warning fireball at Minwoo’s feet.

Dongwan deflected the attack with his golden hand and pulled Minwoo away from the rooftop.

“I don’t think they meant any harm, Hyesung. It’s not your war, it’s your parents’. I…” Eric was cut off by Hyesung’s wave of hand.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Dongwan managed to drag Minwoo down to their class in a matter of minutes.

“That was close! We almost got into a fight on our first day!”

“Those two, they’re interesting. I wonder what their relationship is.” Said Minwoo while digging into his bag.

“Could they also have a relationship like us? Didn’t you notice how Eric defended Hyesung and how he worried over Hyesung? They could be a couple!” Dongwan said excitedly.

“Yeah, but I also noticed how Hyesung is the one doing all the talking and how Eric is only following Hyesung’s lead. And the part where he said that he can’t reveal his bloodline without permission is bothering me. Why? Whose permission did he need?”

Dongwan just nodded and the two of them were plagued by their curiousity for the rest of the day.

 

 

 

 

Notes: Here's the first chapter which is pretty much the introduction. I promise that there will be some JinDy in the next chapter so please look forward to it. Any idea as to what is the relationship between Ricsyung? Haha write down your guesses in the comment section! I'm pretty sure there's a lot of errors in the text, please bare with it as I'm still working on improving my English skills. Anyway, I'm very excited to the release of Shinhwa's new song-- Memore on the 3rd of February. Are you guys excited too? SHINHWA CHANGJO <3