Chapter 3

In Another Dimension......

(Eric’s POV)

 

I stirred in my sleep and opened my eyes slowly. I focused my groggy eyes and realized I was in my room in the basement of the Shin Mansion. Ouch, man it hurts. Sore. Sore everywhere. What happened? How long have I been asleep? Wait, Hyesung! Where is he?! I got up, didn’t even bother to put on a shirt and barged outside.

“Omma!” I called as soon as I saw my mom walking over from the kitchen.

“Hyukkie ya! You’re awake! How’re you feeling?” My mom rushed over and held my arms while making scanning my injuries.

“I’m fine, don’t worry. How’s young master?”

“He’s….”

Before mom could finish her sentence, Master Shin appeared on the stairway with appa following closely behind him. All of us bowed and kept our glance on the floor.

“Junghyuk, I see you’re awake. You’ve been asleep for three days, leaving Hyesung on his own at school. Oh well, you’ve always been a sleepyhead since young.” Master Shin came closer to me.

“I’m sorry, master. I’ll accept whatever punishment master deemed suitable.” I kept my head as low as possible as I felt his intimidating presence.

“I’ll let you off this time since you’ve just recovered.” And with that Master Shin turned to leave. Everyone in the basement resumed their work.

“Go dress up.” Said omma while patting my back.

This is my life. I’m pretty lucky for not getting into trouble this time around. Master is usually very strict and unforgiving. I’ve endured a lot of punishment throughout my time here and I realized that he favors the lash as discipline. But what can I do about it? I’m born into slavery. My parents have been here for around 2 decades, right after the first war where the Mun family was defeated and turned into slaves by the Shins. I heard that master was so glad that I was born in the same year as Hyesung….I mean, young master. Since then, I’ve only had one sole purpose of living, that is to protect young master Hyesung. I’m trained in various combat and martial arts skills since the day I could walk and I’ve always been by young master’s side for as long as I could remember. So I’m the one person who knew him the best. To outsiders, they’ll think young master is a cold and unsociable person. But the truth is, it was all an act. Young master had been very caring and nice to me in private.

Not many people knew of our master and slave relationship. Who would’ve thought that the co-leader of the Phoenix would be a slave? That is why I use the name Eric outside of the Shin household. I won’t be respected in the gang if they knew I’m a slave and I would also get into trouble if master knew that I’m equal in position with young master.

Oh wait, I need to get dressed now or I’ll seriously get into trouble.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

(3rd Person POV)

 

“So, Hyesung, when will you bring this Eric guy home? We haven’t met your co-leader.” Said Mr. Shin who’s sitting at his usual spot at the end of the dining table. Hyesung was sitting on his left with Junghyuk and his appa standing behind each of their masters.

Hyesung and Junghyuk both flinched slightly but quickly resumed their posture.

“He’s busy training the boys nowadays. I don’t think he’ll be able to make up some time for a dinner.”

“Well, then send him my wishes.” Mr Shin said without tearing off his gaze from his steak.

Junghyuk let out a breathe of relief. But unfortunately he did it too loudly and attracted everyone’s attention.

“Junghyuk?”

“Sorry master.”

Before Mr. Shin can reply, Hyesung interrupted.

“Are you still feeling unwell? Go and have some rest. Be back for duty by tomorrow morning.”

“Yes, young master.” Eric quickly bowed and nervously left the dining hall after that narrow escape.

 

-PAGE BREAK-

 

Junjin walked through the office lobby casually with his shades on, earning almost everyone’s attention. He was so used to the looks people give him that he didn’t even feel their piercing gaze and entered the elevator. As the elevator was about to reach the top floor, Junjin removed his shades and tidied his suit.

Once he stepped off the elevator and entered the big glass door ahead of him, Charlie Park, Junjin’s father welcomed him happily, giving him a hug.

“Choongjae! Good thing that you’re here! I’ve been wanting to see you.”

“What’s the matter, abeojji?” said Junjin as he sat down on the couch.

Charlie took a photo from his drawers and showed it to his son.

“Do you know Mr. Choi? He owns LK Corporation and this girl, is his daughter, Yewon. I’ve arranged a  date for you guys, this Saturday night at Daesung Restaurant.”

“What? You want me to date her?!”

“Why not, you’re already 17! Plus, LK Corporation can fund our Resort Project. It’s a win-win situation!”

“17 is still young, abeojji. I don’t need to go on blind dates yet. I won’t go.” Junjin said with a slightly annoyed tone.

“You will go! And that’s final!” exclaimed Charlie before settling down in his chair.

“I won’t go.” Said Junjin while barging out of the room.

 

He rushed off to his car like a bull, obviously mad at his father. He’s sure that he don’t want to sleep at home for the night and decided to go to Andy’s.

 

 

 

 

Notes: Yay!! SHINHWA's back with SNIPER!!! Its sooooo good that its on replay for days since its release. My mood is on for writing today since I got my SPM results eventhough its not  that good but I'm still satisfied. Forgive me for treating uri leadernim this way but I think I got too influnced by shinhwa Broadcast where they have the Shinhwabari (slave) thingy. Anyway, do you like it or not? Is it good or bad? Comment and subscribe!!!! SHINHWA CHANGJO <3