Promise

Super Junior After 5 or more years

Siwon’s next!!!

………………………………………………………………………

Siwon owns a 5 star hotel, known as Choi’s Hotel. It has 4 branches in different countries: Japan, Korea, Philippines and Taiwan.

Siwon always going to travel, to check all of his hotels.

He has a daughter Holy who lives in her mom.

Siwon has no wife. Holy’s mom doesn’t want to get married to Siwon because Siwon has no time for her and for Holy.

Still, Siwon always visits his daughter in their apartment every time he’s in Korea.

……………………………….

“Sir, you have a flight for Japan at 1:00 this afternoon.” Siwon’s secretary said.

“Ok. Thanks, Wyn.” Siwon said. He was busy signing some documents.

‘Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry…naega, naega, naega meonjeo,nege, nege,nege ppajyoe,ppajyeo, ppajyeo, beoryeo, baby!’

Siwon’s cellphone is ringing.

Siwon: Yoboseo?

Holy: Appa!

Siwon: Holy baby, what is it?

Holy: Appa, don’t forget my birthday tomorrow, araso?

Siwon: Araso. I won’t forget. I will come to your birthday party.

“Sir, you need to go now to the airport.” his secretary said.

Holy: Appa, are you leaving?

Siwon: Appa need to go to Japan today.

Holy: When are you going back?

Siwon: Tomorrow morning.

Holy: Don’t forget your promised that you will come to my party tomorrow, ok?

Siwon: Don’t worry; I will come to your party. Appa need to go now. Annyeong.

Holy: Annyeong! Appa, saranghaeyo

Siwon: Saranghaeyo.

………………………………………………………………………

On the next day…

Japan’s Airport…

“Sir, our flight delay because of something.” his secretary said.

“What? Why?” he asks.

“I don’t know, sir. But, we need to wait for 2 hours.” she said.

“I need to attend to my daughter’s birthday party today.” he said. Is he going to break his promise to her again for the 3rd time?

……………………………………………………………………

FLASHBACK

First Promise:

“Appa, I want to go to the zoo.” Holy said. She was only 4 years old.

“This Saturday let’s go to the zoo with umma.” Siwon said.

“Promise?” Holy asks.

“Promise!” he said.

Friday…

“Sir, there was a problem in our hotel branch in Taiwan.” his secretary said.

“What? We’re going to Taiwan. Schedule some flight immediately.” he ordered.

“Ne.” his secretary said.

…………………………………………………………………

Zoo…

Holy and her mom are waiting for Siwon in the entrance.

“Umma, what appa took him so long?” she asks. They’ve been waiting for 1 hour.

“I don’t know baby.” her umma said.

“Umma, try calling him.” she said.

Holy’s mom doesn’t want to call him. First, she doesn’t want to hear Siwon’s voice. Second, she knows that Siwon broke his promise to Holy by not showing up. And third, she doesn’t want to show her anger in front of her daughter.

“Baby, I think your appa will not coming.”

“Umma, she promised me that he will come.” Holy said. “Umma, please call appa. Please………”

She has no choice to call him just for Holy. She put out her cellphone and dials Siwon’s number. “Holy, stay there.” she said and walks not too far away from Holy.

After a few rings Siwon answer the call.

Siwon: Yoboseo? Oh! Wilhelmina!

Wilhelmina: Where the hell are you? Holy has been waiting for you! (Wilhelmina is angry.)

Siwon: Mianhae. I’m in Taiwan. There’s some-

Wilhelmina: Taiwan? What the hell are you doing in there?

Siwon: There’s something a minor problem in my hotel.

Wilhelmina: You go to Taiwan without telling me or Holy?

Siwon: Mian. It just came up yesterday. I don’t have a time to tell you.

Wilhelmina: You don’t have a time? You could just leave a text message or something, so that we are not waiting looking stupid in the zoo. You promised to her that you will bring her in the zoo. Now what? You’re telling me that you’re in Taiwan because of your hotel.

Siwon: Wilhel-

Wilhelmina: Shut up! I don’t want to hear anymore explanation coming from you. You’re still the same, Choi Siwon.

She pushed the end button and went back to Holy.

“Holy, let’s go home.” she said.

“Why? Is appa not coming?” Holy asks.

“Appa is busy and he has no time to go here.” she said. She holds Holy’s hand and went to her car.

Second Promise…

Every Saturday night, Siwon always visits Holy in their apartment. He stays there overnight, too.

“Appa, we will have a show on Monday in school.” Holy said.

“Really? What are you going to do?” Siwon asks.

“Lilo, Kellie, Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup, Piglet, Kalla, Amber and me are going to the dance.” Holy said.

“What dance?” Siwon asks.

Wilhelmina was just looking at the two.

“Gee by SNSD. Taeyeon ahjumma taught us.” Holy answered.

“Oh! You knew Taeyeon?” he asks.

“Ne. She once visits us in school.” Holy said. “Appa, are you going to watch me?”

Siwon thinks suddenly. Wilhelmina looks at him.

Then, Siwon nodded. “Ne.”

“Promise?” Holy asks.

“Promise.” he said.

After the dinner, Siwon and Holy play in the living room while Wilhelmina stays in the kitchen.

…………………………………………

Siwon looks at his sleeping daughter.

“Is she asleep?” Wilhelmina asks. She was standing at the door.

Siwon nodded.

“Can I talk to you for a moment?” she asks.

Siwon carefully get out of the bed and follows Wilhelmina in the living room.

“Are you still mad at me?” Siwon asks.

She didn’t answer.

“Wilhelmina.” Siwon called.

“Do you have any idea why I broke up with you?” she asks.

“Because you don’t love me?” he asks.

“Promise.” she said.

“Eh?”

“I hate it when you said promise and in the end you’ll end up broking it.” she said.

Siwon didn’t know what to say.

“I don’t want you to say promise to Holy. I don’t want my daughter end up hating you.” she said.

“About the zoo thing-”

“Holy felt hurt when you didn’t show up. When we got home, she just locked herself in her room. I feel so sorry about her being have a father like you.” she said.

Wilhelmina keeps silent for a moment. She was controlling her angry.

Siwon doesn’t know what to say. She’s right; he always broke his promises to her.

“Are you really going to her school on Monday?” she asks after a couple of minutes in silence.

He nodded.

“Just make sure that you will come.” she said and stood up. She went to her own room and lock it.

Siwon went back to Holy’s room and sat on the side of the bed. He was staring at sleeping Holy. “Mianhae, Holy. It is my fault why your umma left me.” he said.

………………………………………..

Monday…

“Annyeong Hasaeyo!” Holy greets. She’s wearing her cute pink jeans and a white shirt with her name printed on it.

“Oh! Hello Holy. Come here so I can put some make-up and arrange your hair.” Kath said. Their teacher and also Kellie’s mom.

“Ah!!!” Lilo screamed.

“What is it, baby?” Kyuhyun asks.

“Appa, Stitch pulls my hair! Its hurts you know!” Lilo cried.

“Oh! Don’t cry, baby. Appa and umma is here.” Kyuhyun said and carries his daughter.

“Yah! Heechul oppa, watch your son. He’s making my daughter cry again.” Jen said who take her day-off today just to see her daughter dance.

“He doesn’t mean it.” Heechul said.

“Aish! Amber, why did you remove your make-up? I’m going to start applying it again.” Kath said.

“Teacher, I don’t want make-up.” Amber said.

“Aish! You look beautiful when you have a make-up.” Kath said.

“But, I don’t want to be beautiful. I want be handsome.” she said.

“Eh?!”

5 Minutes to go before the show starts.

“Umma, where’s appa?” Holy asks.

“I-I don’t know.” Wilhelmina said. She has a feeling that Siwon’s promised is going to be broke again.

“Umma, call him.” Holy said.

“Holy, rehearsal first!” Kath called.

“Umma, call him, ha?” Holy said before she went to the group.

Wilhelmina went outside the school and tries to call him.

‘The subscriber can not be reached!’

“Damn! Where the hell is you, Choi Siwon?” she said angrily without talking to anyone.

……………………………………………………………………

Meanwhile, Siwon can not leave the emergency meeting. He keeps looking at his wristwatch. He will be late to his daughter’s presentation.

“Damn!” he thought.

He felt his cellphone in his pocket vibrating. He knows that it is Wilhelmina. When, the vibrating stops, he secretly took his cellphone out. He carefully sends a text message to Wilhelmina without noticing by the board of the directors.

……………………………………………………………………

Wilhelmina was about to go back inside when her cellphone vibrates.

‘1 New Text Message from Siwon’

She read the message.

‘Mianhae… I don’t think I can come. We have an emergency meeting today. Mian.’

“Damn! Just as I thought!” she said angrily. “How will I say this to Holy?”

END OF FLASHBACK…

And now, his 3rd promise is now meant to be broken.

All the passengers are now waiting for one hour. Another one hour to go and they can go now.

………………………………………………………………………….

Meanwhile, in Kim’s Family Garden, (I was talking about Kibum’s Family House) they are all busy preparing Holy’s birthday. Kibum and Kath agreed that they will celebrate Holy’s birthday in their garden.

“Kath, thanks for letting us use your garden for Holy’s party.” Wilhelmina said.

“It’s ok, unnie. Holy is like my daughter, too.” Kath said. “By the way, is Siwon oppa coming?”

“I don’t know. Holy said that he promised but I doubt it if he will do it.” Wilhelmina said.

“Bitter?” Kath said jokingly.

“I never believe him once he said promise.” Wilhelmina said.

………………………….

10 minutes to go and Holy’s Birthday Party was about to start.

Wilhelmina was feeling nervous. Is he will gonna come or break the promise for the 3rd time?

“Umma, appa hasn’t come yet?” Holy asks. She’s earing a pretty pink cute gown and a pink tiara on her head.

“Not yet, sweetie.” she said.

“Unnie, the guests are already here. Shall we start the party?” Kath asks.

“N-Ne.” she said. With or without him she will make Holy’s birthday party enjoyable.

………………………….

Siwon was in Korea now. The only problem is he was stuck in a heavy traffic.

He was 30 minutes late in Holy’s birthday party.

“Siwon, think, think, think!” he thought.

Then, he thought something.

“Wyn, where’s the stuff toy I bought for Holy?” he asks.

“Here it is, sir.” she said. She gave him a big pink paper bag with a ribbon.

Siwon took it and get out of the car. He runs as fast as he could to go to Kibum’s house. He looks like in his late drama Athena when he was running.

………………………….

“Holy, time to blow your candles.” Wilhelmina said.

“But, I want to blow my candles if appa is already here.” Holy said.

“Holy, your appa is not coming.” Wilhelmina said.

“He promised to me.” she said.

“He always says a promise to you but he always breaking it.” Wilhelmina said.

Holy shook her head. Wilhelmina saw some tears ready to flow down in Holy’s eyes.

She hugs her tightly. “Oh Holy! Don’t cry. I don’t want to see you cry.” she said.

“Appa, promised me that he will come.” Holy said.

Then, someone enters the garden.

They all look at him. He was all sweat and tired. But, still he made it.

Wilhelmina was shocked when he saw him. “H-Holy, h-he’s here.” she said.

Holy turns around and she smile when she saw him.

“Appa!” she shouts. She run to him and hug him. “I thought you will never come.”

“I promised to you, right?” Siwon said.

She nodded.

Wilhelmina can’t help but to cry. She’s happy that Siwon didn’t break the promise.

Siwon walks closer to her and wipe her tears with his fingers. “Mianhae for being late.” Siwon said.

“At least you came.” Wilhelmina said.

Siwon hugs her. “Saranghae.” he whispered.

“Saranghae, Choi Siwon.” she whispered.

“Guys, can we continue the party?” Heechul said.

“N-Ne.” they said.