It's Waterproof

Penning the lyrics

Eun-mi stretched her arms as she sat up from her bed. She rubbed her eyes in irritation as she got up and headed to the bathroom.

While walking she stumbled a bit almost tripping on her overly sized PJ pants. Eun-mi wasn’t a morning person. She rubbed her eyes again before looking into the mirror.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!” she screamed, she hadn’t removed her makeup last night, resulting in large black smudges covering the lids and the surroundings of her eyes. The waterproof mascara was smudged to the top of her cheekbones. Rubbing viciously at her cheeks and various other parts around her eye, she started getting frustrated. Looking up at the mirror it seemed as though she had made it worse by spreading it even further down her cheeks.

-sigh-

Eun-mi opened the bathroom cupboard, noticing that there weren’t any makeup wipes left.

“AIIIISH” Eun-mi squealed, leaving her face as it was. She wasn’t planning to go anywhere today.

Walking back into her room, she sat on her bed and took her guitar out.

Hello Hello I acted confidently
Hello Hello I want to talk to you for a moment
Hello Hello I might stutter a little, though
Who knows we might actually be together

Eun-mi sung the chorus of the song beautifully as she lightly blushed.

She felt she still had a long way to go though, only coming up with the music and chorus of the song in 2 weeks. The deadline was getting terrifyingly near.

“I think that would have been a beautiful moment if you hadn’t looked so ugly”

Eun-mi jumped as she saw Key leaning against her bedroom door.

“Eeeep!” Eun-mi squealed, quickly scrambling under the covers of her bed.

“It’s okay, I’ve already seen that horrid face of yours”, Key spoke honestly. “Auditioning for a horror movie, anytime soon?” He jokingly added.

How the hell did you get here?!” Eun-mi muffled from under the bed sheets.

“I wanted to go shopping today and thought you’d like to come. So I stopped by and your mum let me in. What a nice lady she is” Key said laughing while playing with his Prada sunglasses.

“Well I’m busy today, so if you’d do me a favour and hurry off to the mall, then I’d really appreciate it.” Eun-mi said while getting out from the covers for some air.

“Well it’s no fun shopping by myself” Key pouted. “So I’ll just hang around here for today, I’ll call the others to come as well”

“Don’t!” Eun-mi screamed as she reached over towards Key to try to stop him from dialling his phone.

“Too late” Key said already holding his phone to his ears, and running down the hallway.

“Come back here!” Eun-mi said jumping on top of Key and pulling him by the hair.

“Not the hair!” Key screamed.

“Give me the PHONE!!!” Eun-mi shouted aggressively. Who knew Eun-mi had this much energy in the morning?

“Keeey~ what’s up?”  Jonghyun answered.

“Nothing, just being strangled by a grudge imitation” Key chuckled.

“Huh?” Jonghyun replied

“Never mind, just come over to Eun-mi’s house with the others” Key quickly said and chucked his mobile on the living room couch.

He turned around and started wrestling Eun-mi. “Oh it’s on now” Key said as he pinned Eun-mi to the ground. “That’s for messing up my hair!”

Before Eun-mi could counter attack…

“Eun-mi! Breakfast is on the table, does your friend want so-…..”

Eun-mi’s mother suddenly walked in. Catching Key on top of her daughter.

“What’s going on?” she said sternly looking at the two on the ground. Key quickly shot up in seconds, dusting his pants off and walking awkwardly to the breakfast table.

“He was angry because I messed up his hair” Eun-mi tried to explain. Her mother still kept the same facial expression.

Eun-mi suddenly had a devilish grin. “Don’t worry mum, he likes men” she whispered into her mother’s ears. “Ohhhh, so I see” Her mother’s face softened as she watched Key cross his leg over the other at the breakfast table. “There are many of those in the entertainment industry” she added.

Eun-mi tried to hold in her laughter and walked to the dining table.

The three quietly sat at the table eating their pancakes as Eun-mi’s mum kept staring at Key cutting his pancake up into tiny bite size pieces.

“Mhhhhhmm” Key said with his mouth full as he bounced in his chair with happiness. Eun-mi kept giggling as her mother was giving him strange looks.

*ding-dong ding-dong*

I’ll get it! Eun-mi quickly got out of her chair and raced to the door and opened it.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!” The SHINee boys all screamed, looking at Eun-mi’s face, still uncleaned.

Eun-mi had totally forgotten about the makeup on her face.” It wouldn’t come off” she said, embarrassed, as she quickly ran back inside the house.

“OMO! I smell pancakes” Onew quickly followed Eun-mi into the house.

As soon as they entered Onew Quickly sat down and started eating straight away.

As there were only 6 seats at the table Jonghyun decided to share a seat with Key.

“Yeobo, Ahhhh~” Key said as he fed Jonghyun a bite of his pancake. The two were always like this, as Jonghyun and Key liked to play around. Little did he know, he was digging his own grave.

“So, Key…” Eun-mi’s mother began. “How long have you been dating Jonghyun?”

PFFFFTTTTT” Key spat out the orange juice he was drinking onto the table as Jonghyun suddenly chocked on the piece of pancake he was eating.

Onew dropped his fork onto the table and stopped chewing leaving a whole lot of pancake left hanging from his mouth. Minho and Taemin stared at Jonghyun and Key, ready to burst into laughter at any moment. “BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!” The two couldn’t handle it anymore as they were both on the ground, holding their stomachs.

“Did I say something wrong?” Eun-mi’s mother spoke.

“Actually….” Key started but was suddenly stopped by the excruciating pain in his foot. Eun-mi pressed even harder with her shoe causing him to squirm a little.

“… you were the first to mention this, they like to keep their relationship a secret” Eun-mi finished off the sentence for him. She didn’t want her mother to suspect anything after what she had seen in the living room.

By now Minho and Taemin were crying tears of laughter.

“Come with me” Eun-mi said as she pulled Key and Jonghyun into her room.

She closed the door.

“Eun-mi… why does your mother think I’m gay?” Jonghyun asked worriedly. “Do I look gay to you?! “ he rambled.

“Look, I just need you to pretend that your gay in front of my mother” Eun-mi proposed.

“Why should we!” Key argued.

“If you don’t then she’ll suspect that there’s something going on between us.” She explained.

“Why would there be anything going on between you two?” Jonghyun said still confused.

“Because she messed up my hair” Key argued trying to fix the loose strands sticking up from his head.

“Ohhhh” Jonghyun understood completely as he remembered the time he had also done the same.

The two finally agreed but burst out into laughter.

“What are you laughing at now?” Eun-mi looked serious causing more laughter between the two.

“We still can’t take that face seriously with all that smudged makeup “Key said laughing.

Key and Jonghyun both left the room, leaving Eun-mi sitting on the bed.

She took out a mirror and looked at her face. It was quite atrocious to look at.

-sigh-

“Knock knock”

Eun-mi looked up to see Taemin at her door.

 “Need some help?” He said kindly sitting next to her.

He had small wet towel in his hand as he gently wiped the mascara away from her face.

“Is that better?” Taemin said.

 “Thanks for the help” Eun-mi smiled.

“pffftt” Taemin tried to hold in his laughter.

“I knew it wouldn’t come off that easily!” Eun-mi rubbed her face, embarrassed.

“No No No, it’s not you” Taemin quickly reacted. “I was going to ask you, why your mother thought Key and Jonghyun were dating, but I ended up laughing at the thought of it. Taemin laughed.

Eun-mi also giggled at the thought of their faces when her mum asked if they were dating. The awkwardness drifted a bit as they began to laugh together.

“My sheet music was supposed to be handed in tomorrow, but since my face is clean again, I think I’ll go hand it in today.” Eun-mi stated. “We should go together and get the boys out of here before my mum asks anymore questions” Eun-mi laughed.

Taemin nodded as they headed out.

-

The 6 of them arrived at the company building. Eun-mi got out of the car as the SHINee members waited in the van. She promised Key that they would go shopping with him after she handed in her sheet music. It was the least she could do after Key had to pretend to be gay in front of her mother. She also promised to give Jonghyun foot massages 3 times a week until the end of their promotions. Eun-mi cringed at the thought of touching someone else’s foot.

As she entered the elevator a familiar looking girl in crutches holding Starbucks coffee entered as well.

“Oh, Eun-mi noona!”

It was Suzy.

“Oh, hi” Eun-mi replied.

“Nice to see you again” She smiled as she pressed the number 6 on the elevator.

“You too” Eun-mi smiled awkwardly. This small talk was really getting on her nerves. She went to press the number 6 again, not knowing that it had already been pushed.

“You’re going to level 6 too?” She said. Eun-mi nodded. “What do you have there?” She peeked over.

“Ummm, it’s just the sheet music I wrote for SHINee’s repackaged album” “Just came to hand it in before I go shopping with them.”

The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened.

“Ohhh I see” Suzy smiled. “Can you help me with this coffee? “ “It’s quite hard walking with crutches at the same time.” She smiled again showing off her pearly white teeth and rosy cheeks.

“Sure no problem” Eun-mi said willingly.

“Thanks so muuu-…” Suzy knock over the coffee as she passed it to Eun-mi, pouring it all over her sheet music.

“AIIIISSSSHHHH!” “My sheet music!” “It took me all night to write that”. Eun-mi shook the paper slightly frustrated.

“I’m sorry but, next time, please stay away from Taemin, or I will break that face of yours” Suzy’s face became slightly devilish as she smirked.

*ding*

The elevator doors opened again.

‘Oh, Taemin!” Suzy said. “Nice to see you again” Her facial expression changed in a split second as she smiled cutely once more.

“I just came to see what was taking so long because Onew was getting hungry and Key was fidgeting.” Taemin said.

His eyes redirected to Eun-mi who was on the floor staring blankly at her sheet music.

“Are you okay Eun-mi?” he helped her up. “What happened?”

 She was about to accuse Suzy when she saw her glaring sternly at her. Feeling intimidated Eun-mi lied. “I accidently spilt coffee on me and ruined my sheet music.” “It’s okay I’ll just stay here and finish it off, you go ahead and apologise to Key for me.” “It’s due tomorrow so I need to spend some time on it.”

“Alright then” Taemin sulked a bit. “But it won’t be as fun without you”

“I’ll come!” Suzy quickly added.” I have no schedules anyways because of my leg.” “And there is more room in the car because Eun-mi isn’t going.’

She batted her lashes.

“Alright I guess, I’ll see you later Eun-mi” Taemin said entering the elevator with Suzy.

Eun-mi awkwardly waved goodbye as Suzy smirked once more at her.

 She knew this girl wouldn’t leave her alone that easily.

 

 

A/N

~

I guess some of you were thinking, ‘It’s about time Eun-mi started writing SHINee’s song’. Ahahaha me too, even if I wrote it, I think Eun-mi procrastinates too much kekekeke. I really love their song Hello :3


OMO I missed all you readers~ Sorry to you all for my long hiatus. I have really been lazy these days, every time I come back from school I feel like poop. But I feel more energised and in the mood to write another chapter after watching the Royal Wedding, ahahaha did anyone else watch it too? Did you see when the ring almost didn’t fit her finger?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter ^^ hope to update soon. ~ and remember to subcribe subcribe subcribe ~!