Chapter 8

A Year Later

 

Jessica’s POV

It’s actually just the two of us right now since my sister and friend ditched us. I can’t believe that they’re still on that ‘I like him and they can see it thing’. We were just strolling around when he suddenly asked if I wanted to go to an amusement park, of course I said yes, I haven’t gone there for a while now.

 

We were having fun riding the different rides and playing in the booth games when I felt my heart beat faster than usual. What is the meaning of this?

I can’t help but take a glance of him, is this a sign that I really like him? I mean we always hang out even if it’s just the two of us but this day is totally different. I’m having an unusual feeling.

 

We didn’t keep track of time so now we’re going home late.

“Hey! Can we take a detour and go down the park?” he asked nervously and hearing him say that I can feel my heart beating faster than ever I didn’t know why though.

I didn’t bother asking why, for some unknown reason I didn’t want to know why he suddenly said that.

 

Onew’s POV

Aish- I can’t believe those two they ditched us and now our atmosphere is so awkward. I didn’t know what to say to her right now so I asked if she wanted to take a detour and just go down the park.

When we got there we felt nostalgic and just reminisced about our childhood.

We stopped by the swings and sat there. It was quiet.

“I had fun today.” she started.

“Me too.” I answered back as I started to swing back and forth.

“I just can’t believe those two ditched us. Some kind of friend and sister they are.”

I laughed at what she said. It was part of their plan but I can’t tell her that.

“Why are you laughing?” she asked as she looked at me.

“Nothing you’re reaction is just so cute.” I then realized what I just said. I looked at her and she was blushing.

She tried to laugh it off but I noticed that it was an awkward one.

 

Normal POV

Jessica’s heart was beating so fast after hearing him say that she was cute. She tried to laugh it off but it turned out to be more awkward.

“We should get going.” she said as she stood up.

Onew stopped swinging and stood up as well.

“Wait!” he suddenly said.

“What is it? Did you forget anything?”

“I want to tell you something.”

Jessica felt more nervous, she didn’t know why but she just felt it.

“I… I..” he said but he was cut off when a phone suddenly started ringing.

Jessica was waiting for what he was about to say when she realized that her phone was ringing.

She took it out of her pocket and answered it.

“What?” she asked calmly after she saw that it was just her sister who called.

“Where are you now? Mom is worried sick.” she said.

“You dare to call me now after ditching us. I’m on my way already.” she said as she hung up.

“C’mon mom’s worrying already.” she said as she started to walk.

“Just give me a minute.” he said as he grabbed her wrist.

Jessica looked at her arm then at him.

“Then spit it out.” she said.

Onew let go of her and breathe in before uttering what he wanted to say.

“I Like You.” he said as his face was starting to get red.

Jessica’s face was like a tomato when she heard that. She couldn’t believe that her bestfriend was feeling that way towards her.

“Don’t answer now. I’ll wait.” he said as he walked ahead.

Jessica just followed behind him. She didn’t know what to answer since she herself hasn’t sorted out her feelings just yet.

 

When she got home she first went to see her mom to let her know that she got back then she went to her room. To her surprise Krystal was there.

“So how did it go?” she asked.

“I knew it you had planned everything.” Jessica said as she sat beside her sister who was on the bed.

“Took you long enough to notice though.” she teased.

“I guess I don’t have to tell you what happened since you already have an idea.”

“What did you answer?” she asked curiously.

“I didn’t answer since I don’t know my feelings yet.”

 

A week had passed after Onew’s confession and Jessica hasn’t answered him yet. But the week that passed she was able to contemplate and realize her true feelings.

 

They were on their way back home.

“I have something to tell you.” she said as she stopped on her tracks and so did he.

He looked at her and was waiting for what she was about to say.

“I know it took me long enough to answer so here it goes. I like you as well.” she said as she bowed her head to hide her red cheeks.

Onew’s small eyes suddenly widened and he had a wide smile on his face, the smile he always had when he eats chicken.

He wasn’t saying anything so Jessica lifted her head up to see his reaction. They had eye contact and they were both blushing now.

“I’m not dreaming right?” Onew asked.

Jessica shook her head from leaf to right.

 

That day they walked home with their fingers intertwined.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~I think this is the longest chapter I've written for this fic... anyway it's nearing it's end... please do leave comments and tell me what you think I want to know your thoughts ^^