Sunggyu/Woohyun - at dawn

Infinite Spectrum

A/N: Ahaha, oops. Friday flew over my head, but here's a slightly-belated update to make up. Plus it's the 8th of February in SK, so happy birthday, Woohyun! <3


Sunggyu doesn’t quite wake up when the sheets shift, making a garbled noise and burying his face deeper in the pillow. Woohyun bites back a laugh—when Sunggyu’s awake, he never lets Woohyun forget who’s in charge (or does his best to prove so, at least), but when he’s asleep he’s pretty much just a massive teddy bear. He carefully pulls the blankets up over Sunggyu’s shoulder when he gets out of bed, fingers lingering on his cheek momentarily before he forces himself to go straighten up in the bathroom.

Sunggyu is still asleep by the time Woohyun’s dressed, knotting his tie in the mirror and sneaking glances at Sunggyu in the reflection. He’s sort of amused that Sunggyu slept through the shower, the bottle of shampoo he knocked over, and the hairdryer—but he can’t say he’s surprised either. Sunggyu could probably sleep through a tornado. He’d only wake up if something crashed through the wall and fell dangerously close to his person.

Making sure his tie is perfectly straight, Woohyun clips on the tiepin and smoothes his hair out before going over to the bed again, grabbing his briefcase from the bedside table. As usual, he takes a moment to look at Sunggyu, still blissfully asleep.

“I’m going now, hyung,” he murmurs, leaning over. Sunggyu stirs slightly when Woohyun rubs a thumb over his cheek, catching Woohyun by surprise when he reaches up to cover Woohyun’s hand with his own.

“Wha’time is it,” he mumbles, peering vaguely at Woohyun. His eyes are little more than slits (moreso than usual, anyway) when he looks up, blinking away sleep.

“Five-thirty,” Woohyun answers, carefully sitting down on the edge of the bed. A couple of minutes more won’t hurt. “You don’t need to wake up yet, hyung. Get a bit more sleep.”

Sunggyu grunts unintelligibly again, brow creasing. “The sun’s not up yet. Why are you going to the office so early? It was past one when we slept yesterday.” His words are more coherent now, at least. Woohyun shrugs helplessly.

“I told you about the seven o’clock meeting, hyung. You know that I need to prepare for it.” He leans closer, pressing a quick kiss to Sunggyu’s forehead. Sunggyu makes a ridiculously unattractive scrunchy face when he does that, but Woohyun knows he likes it. He doesn’t object when Sunggyu sinks a hand into his hair, carding through the slightly-damp strands.

“You work too hard,” Sunggyu mumbles, hand sliding downwards to curl around the nape of Woohyun’s neck. “It’s Friday, Woohyun-ah. When did you last sleep in?”

Woohyun laughs. “Friday’s still a weekday, hyung. And I sleep in on Sundays. You should know that.”

“It’s only every other Sunday, or every third. You plan business trips over weekends.” Sunggyu’s voice is tinted with disdain, like he absolutely can’t understand why Woohyun won’t plan them on Wednesdays.

“Because, hyung, I have other obligations during the week. You know that too.” Sunggyu does, obviously, but that doesn’t stop him from looking disapproving every time Woohyun tells him he’s planned a weekend trip.

“You have obligations on weekends too,” Sunggyu argues, narrowing his eyes further. “To your health, for example. You should actually get a proper night’s sleep.”

“And here I was sure you were going to mention Sunday morning breakfasts,” Woohyun teases, and he gets a smile for that.

“Well, those are good too. But maybe Sunday afternoon lunches are more appropriate.” The way Sunggyu says it (completely casual and still half-asleep) makes Woohyun bite his lip. He’s about to make a half-crack about it not being the time for that when Sunggyu sighs, yanking Woohyun closer and burrowing into the blankets again.

Woohyun can’t resist staying there for a few more minutes, reaching over to play with Sunggyu’s hair while he watches Sunggyu start falling asleep all over again. When he finally brings himself to check his watch, he has to regretfully conclude that he’s probably wasted a little too much time. “I have to go now if I want to be at the office by six, hyung.”

Sunggyu makes an inarticulate grunt, but releases Woohyun. A little reluctant, Woohyun brushes his hair back again before standing up to retrieve his briefcase. “I’ll see you for dinner, hyung,” he tells Sunggyu, who makes another vague noise in his sleep.

If everything goes well, he might be able to grab lunch with Sunggyu. Sunggyu, he knows, is probably going to spend the day stewing in front of the computer writing and rewriting the same one-page scene he’s been working on for weeks (as he’s lamented repeatedly to Woohyun). Woohyun’s pretty sure he’ll welcome the break—though knowing Sunggyu, it’ll be today when he finally gets that scene behind him and Woohyun won’t be able to pry him from his desk.

Snorting mentally, Woohyun closes the door behind him. It’s still worth a try. Either way, there’ll always be dinner to look forward to.