OT7 - puppy pile

Infinite Spectrum

 

A/N: Set in a harem 'verse with Myungsoo as the prince and harem centre who encourages his harem to love each other as much as they love him. Slight Myungyeol focus. Also, update days are Fridays from now on with possible mid-week updates c:


“This bed,” Sungyeol says in dissatisfaction, “has nothing on our old one.”

His words are met with a series of huffs and groans, and someone throws a pillow at him. Indignantly, Sungyeol tosses it back, not really caring whether it hits the original thrower or not. “What? It’s true! It’s not the same. It doesn’t have nearly as much room and Dongwoo’s foot is on my stomach—”

“It is?” Dongwoo asks, sounding horrified. “I thought you were a pillow! Sorry, Yeollie.” Despite his tone, though, his foot doesn’t move. It takes everything in Sungyeol to resist the urge to tickle the underside, and the only reason he doesn’t is because he thinks Dongwoo might accidentally kick him if he does.

“And we’re squashed together in a puppy pile because we don’t have enough space to stretch out, and every time someone moves I can feel the entire bed shift, and I’ll never be able to get to sleep,” Sungyeol finishes sulkily. Someone’s hand is running through his hair, but he can’t tell whose it is.

“Calm down, hyung,” Sungjong says mildly. “It’s just for a night or two. The new bed’s already being made, so just be patient and try to settle down.”

There’s a patronising hint to Sungjong’s words, but he’s at the opposite end of said puppy pile and Sungyeol doesn’t want to climb over three people just to extract his revenge, so he decides to let it go. He pouts instead, though he’s not sure whether Sungjong can even see him. Sunggyu picks it up when Sungyeol doesn’t reply, and Sungyeol can feel him shifting from the other end of the bed. “Anyway,” Sunggyu adds, “Myungsoo doesn’t seem to mind so much.”

Well, of course not. Myungsoo can sleep through tornadoes and hurricanes and Woohyun and Dongwoo having wild bunny next to him and he slept through their old bed falling apart when Dongwoo, Hoya, Sunggyu and Woohyun apparently took it into their minds to have multiple very wild and very violent rounds of that were enough to break the bedframe. Sungyeol would have blamed the bed breaking on them if Sungjong hadn’t pointed out rationally that they’d all at various points done their best to destroy the bedframe. It had probably been on the verge of falling apart anyway. But Sungyeol is still sore because of course the bed would give out the night before their designated group night. Now they’ve had to settle for a subpar bed because Myungsoo didn’t want to put it off—and nobody says no to Myungsoo.

Most of their attempts at had been short-lived, mainly because someone inevitably fell off or kicked someone else or elbowed someone in the eye but nobody wanted to do it on the floor, so that was how they’d ended up like this instead: in a massive group cuddle-slash-puppy pile with Myungsoo in the centre, the only one who didn’t seem to mind the situation they were in.

Sungyeol’s gearing up for his retort when Myungsoo interrupts his thoughts with a huge sigh, rolling over so he can meet Sungyeol’s gaze. “Is it that bad?” he asks, and fine—Sungyeol feels just a tiny bit guilty for complaining so much when he sees the doubt in Myungsoo’s eyes. “Should we have put it off after all?”

Sungyeol feels as helpless as ever to resist him, so he doesn’t even try. Instead, he climbs over Woohyun to kiss Myungsoo, ignoring the grumble he gets when Woohyun wriggles out from where he’s trapped beneath them. Now that there’s no obstacle between him and Myungsoo, Sungyeol pulls him closer, and Myungsoo nuzzles into his neck in response. Hoya’s pressed up against Myungsoo’s other side, spooning him, so Sungyeol throws his arm around them both (even though it’s awkward) and leans in to kiss the top of Myungsoo’s head. “No, don’t worry about it. I mean, the bed really isn’t big enough for all of us, but I can get used to it… as long as Woohyun stops poking me in the back to tell me to get off you. You had your turn, Nam, go cuddle with Dongwoo instead.”

“Mm. Go do that, Woohyun.” Myungsoo sighs contentedly, relaxing in Sungyeol’s grip.

“Favouritism,” Woohyun accuses, but Sungyeol feels him kiss the back of his neck before leaning over to brush an equally quick kiss across Myungsoo’s cheek, finally drawing back after that. He can feel Woohyun and Dongwoo shifting behind him while they settle into a comfortable position, but he’s too lazy to crane his head around to look. Myungsoo’s warm and soft and comfy against him and Hoya’s taken over his hair, his foot nudging Sungyeol’s leg where it’s crossed over Myungsoo’s.

“There. Is that so bad, hyung?” Sungjong asks, and Sungyeol would make a face at him if that didn’t mean pulling away from Myungsoo. Sungyeol isn’t as big on cuddling as Myungsoo is, but there’s no way he’s going to let go of Myungsoo when he’s comfortably nestled in the crook of Sungyeol’s neck.

“Fine. You can have this one. I’ll get you back for it some other time.”

Peace settles over them after that, and although Sungyeol can still feel it every time someone shifts and he thinks Woohyun and Dongwoo might have started making out behind him (though they’re being pretty quiet for a change), he actually thinks he might be able to fall asleep. Myungsoo’s already lost to the world, his breaths warm and even on his skin and radiating comforting warmth where he’s pressed up against Sungyeol’s chest. Sighing softly, Sungyeol closes his eyes, starting to think this isn’t so bad after all.

That is, until he hears a loud yelp from behind him and the bed wobbles violently, accompanied by two very loud crashes and the sound of Woohyun swearing loudly. Sungyeol groans aloud and he hears Sunggyu start up an annoyed complaint too, another pillow sailing over his head.

Why did you do that? Get back on the bed and stop messing around or find another room and let the rest of us sleep!” Sunggyu’s probably trying to sound commanding, but he just comes off as grumpy. Sungyeol tries to ignore the squabble starting above his head while Dongwoo and Woohyun climb back onto the bed, wishing he could plug his ears.

Okay, even though the situation isn’t all bad—Sungyeol can’t wait until they get their new bed.