Myungsoo/Sungyeol - the world can wait

Infinite Spectrum

Myungsoo wakes up slowly. He’s surrounded by warmth, a cocoon of blankets and morning sunlight on his back; he sighs contentedly, burrowing deeper into his pillow. He loves Saturdays.

The pile of blankets next to him shifts, and Myungsoo feels an arm snake around him, ruffling the hair at the back of his head affectionately. “Hey, idiot. It’s almost eleven.”

“Does that matter?” Myungsoo keeps his eyes closed, though he can’t stop the smile from spreading when the hand migrates upwards, messing up his hair further. Sungyeol’s in a really good mood today, because he’s not even poking at Myungsoo to get out of bed so they can get breakfast. Myungsoo sighs again, pressing up into the touch slightly. Sungyeol laughs at that, but doesn’t move away.

“You’re like a cat when you do that.” Sungyeol doesn’t sound like he minds at all, though. Myungsoo feels him shifting again, the bed sinking down as he slides closer, and opens his eyes just a sliver.

Sungyeol’s smile, he thinks, has to be the best thing to wake up to in the morning.

Sungyeol leans in, and Myungsoo kisses him lazily. It’s long and slow and gentle, exactly Myungsoo’s favourite kind of kiss. He’s finally beginning to wake up a little, responding a little more vigorously to Sungyeol’s advances. Sungyeol pulls away from the kiss after a few moments, but before Myungsoo can launch a protest, he’s moving down to his neck, peppering it with light kisses.

Myungsoo laughs (because it tickles), and Sungyeol’s answering laugh sends warmth through him. Myungsoo tilts his head back up, leaning down awkwardly to kiss him again, tangling their feet together.

“Let’s not get out of bed yet,” he whispers, pressing their foreheads together. Sungyeol’s much better about cuddles in the morning—possibly because it’s a new day and so his cuddle quota has been reset—and Myungsoo intends to take full advantage. True to that, Sungyeol doesn’t say no. He actually pulls Myungsoo closer, smiling.

“A little bit longer,” he agrees.

Some days Myungsoo feels like he loves Sungyeol so much his heart could burst from it. He doesn’t say it, though—he settles for smiling instead, the one that he reserves just for Sungyeol, the one that says I love you more than anyone else in the world and that Sungyeol knows means just that. “You’re amazing,” he says sincerely.

“Then cook me breakfast when we actually do get out of bed,” Sungyeol replies without missing a beat. But he nuzzles a little closer, tightens his grip on Myungsoo, and his words are clear enough without him saying anything.

Myungsoo snuggles in closer, content. The world can wait; right now, there’s just Sungyeol and warm blankets and peace, just the way he wants it. Nothing else can be more perfect.