Flustered

Playing Pretend

The day starts off as usual -dull and boring with students returning to class after the long weekend. Jongin hated Mondays. He hated waking up early in the morning to get ready for something he didn't even want to be at. But here he was, yawning in his 3rd period class, as his English teacher reads a poem aloud. As Jongin looks out the window, however, a sudden figure passing by catches his eye, making him sit upright before he raises his hand to catch the teachers attention.

 
Looking up, the teacher notices Jongin's hand and raises an eyebrow. "Yes, Mr. Kim?" 
 
 
"Can I go to the restroom?"
 
 
Nodding, the teacher then returns her attention to the poem, as Jongin gets up from his seat and walks out of the classroom and into the hallway. He extends his arms out to stretch his muscles before he walks towards the figure, who was still unaware of his presence. He taps his shoulder, causing Kyungsoo to jump in surprise.
 
 
Gasping, Kyungsoo turns to Jongin with a startled look on his face. "You scared me. What are you doing here?"
 
 
"Nothing. Just bored." Jongin shrugs. "How about you? I didn't see you around during 1st period. You made me do our project by myself-"
 
 
"I'm sorry. I had an appointment I had to attend. Did I miss much?"
 
 
"Not really. Mr. Lee  just discussed his lesson on finances today and then asked the couples how they were. Most were said they were fine but Kris and Tao got in trouble for not doing their "Honeymoon Project" so Mr. Lee had them handcuffed for the day."
 
 
"Isn't that too extreme?"
 
 
"I don't think so. At least it'll teach Kris a lesson."
 
 
"Why does he hate Tao so much?"
 
 
"He doesn't hate Tao. Kris just thinks that Tao's to persistent and annoying but honestly, I think Tao's good for him."
 
 
"Shouldn't you be getting back to class?"
 
 
"I don't think my teacher cares." Jongin replies, laughing alittle. "She's too caught up with Romeo and Juliet to notice that I've been gone for a while. Besides I like talking to you."
 
 
Kyungsoo blushes, but before he could respond, Jongin interrupts. "Let's hang out."
 
 
"Umm... Okay." Kyungsoo replies, hesistantly. 
 
 
"Right now." 
 
 
Kyungsoo widens his eyes, as he shakes his head in response. "What? I can't I have-"
 
 
Before Kyungsoo has a chance to continue his sentence, Jongin grabs Kyungsoo's wrist and leads him through the desolated hallway. "Relax, it's only for today. Besides I have a car and could drive properly if that's what you're afraid of-"
 
 
After exiting the school, Jongin then leads Kyungsoo into the student parking lot where his car was located. He grabs his keys from his backpack, before he smiles while he opens the door of the passenger's seat. Raising his eyebrows, Jongin turns to Kyungsoo. "Well?"
 
 
Kyungsoo fumbles with his fingers, still unsure. "I've never actually ditched school before."
 
 
"Great!" Jongin replies, entusuastically. "There's always a first for everything. Have you forgotten I'm here to help you open up? Basically think of me as your teacher and as your teacher I'm telling you to go."
 
 
"Okay."
 
-
 
 
"Stop moving your arm, I'm trying to eat!" Kris shouts in frustration, as he tries to eat his lunch with only one hand. Due to not doing the "Honeymoon Project", Kris and Tao were handcuffed to one another, as punishment by the teacher. So now, here they were. Handcuffed, as they sat down on the floor of the school roof. Ruffling his hair, Kris groans.  "This punishment is a pain in the ."
 
 
"I'm trying to eat too! You're not the only one."
 
 
Sighing, Tao turns over to face Kris with a sympathetic look on his face. "How's your back?"
 
 
"Fine." Kris grumbles, as he chews his food, roughly. Still far too upset about the situation. "Stop acting like you care."
 
 
"I do care!" 
 
 
Sighing, Kris leans his body against the door. "You know I don't get it."
 
 
"Get what?" Tao asks.
 
 
"Why you like me. You and me just don't clash. Honestly, I just don't get it. I'm a bastard."
 
 
"You're nice-"
 
 
"Nice?" Kris scoffs, sitting upright. "I'm not nice. I just told you that I'm a bastard. Everybody thinks so."
 
 
"Well I don't care what everyone thinks. I think your nice."
 
 
-
 

"So what do you want to do today?" Jongin questions, as he takes a quick glance at Kyungso when he sees a red light. He immediately stops the car and waits for Kyungsoo's response.

 

"What? You're telling me that you don't even have a plan for today-"

 

Smirking, Jongin takes his foot off of the brake once the light had turned green. He presses the gas pedal to start the car before he responds. "What would be the fun in that? Being prepared and all. That's boring. Haven't you heard of being spontaneous once in a while."

 

"No."

 

"Alrightly then, we're going on a spontaneous road trip today." Jongin announces, pressing the gas pedal far too hard to gain more speed, which adds to Kyungsoo's discontent.

 

-

 

"Have you seen Jongin? I've been looking for him everywhere." Chanyeol questions, as he takes a seat besides Sehun on their lunch table. Looking around at the empty table, Chanyeol raises an eyebrow. "What happened? Where's everyone? Why is it just the two of you-"

 

Shaking his head, Sehun puts an arm around Luhan's shoulder. "Haven't seen him since 1st period and as for Kris he's with Tao at the roof. I don't know where Jongin went though-"

 

"Probably with Kyungsoo." Luhan shrugs, ploping a dumpling into his mouth. "I have Kyungsoo in my 3rd period and he suddenly disappeared. So maybe they're together or something. Maybe they ditched?"

 

"Ditched?" Chanyeol scoffs, as he raises an eyebrow. "You think that Kyungsoo would ditch school?"

 
Rolling his eyes, Luhan turns to face Chanyeol with an unamused face. "Geez, it was just an idea. Why don't you just call him or something?"
 
 
"You don't think I haven't tried that? His phones off."
 
 
"What do you have to tell him anyways?" Sehun asks. "Homework? Or do you just need answers for a test?"
 
 
Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol lets out a sarcastic laugh. "Funny. I do my own work. Anyways Jongin wanted to go watch this new movie with me today but since he's not here I don't know anyone else to go with."
 
 
"Wow thanks for the invitation."
 
 
"It's not your type of movie. Believe me." Chanyeol replies. 
 
 
Sehun raises an eyebrow before he turns to Luhan, who had the same look on his face. "Is it ?"
 
 
"No, you dumbs." 
 
 
-
 
 
With a bucket of popcorn in his hands and an extra large cup of soda in another, Chanyeol carefully passes through the aisle to grab a seat before the movie had started. Since the movie Chanyeol was about to watch wasn't well known to others, the theather wasn't as packed as the other movies showing. But Chanyeol didn't care. In fact he liked it. At least there wouldn't be any random yelling or voices coming out of the audience's mouths when a sudden scene interested them. 
 
 
"Excuse me." 
 
 
Looking up, Chanyeol raises an eyebrow at the individual walking right past him with a large cup of soda in one hand and candy in another. "Baekhyun?"
 
 
Baekhyun turns around upon hearing his name being called and squints his eyes to get a better look at the individual -due to the dim lights that were affecting his vision. "Chanyeol? What are you doing here?"
 
 
Scoffing, Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun with a sassy look on his face. "Isn't it obvious? I'm here to watch the movie. And you?"
 
 
"I'm here to watch the movie too."
 
 
"Where's your boyfriend or are you alone?" Chanyeol questions, raising an eyebrow once he notices that Baekhyun was indeed alone. 
 
 
"Yeah. He's not a big fan of this movie." Baekhyun responds, taking a seat right besides Chanyeol. "Said it was a waste of time-"
 
 
"No offense, but you're boyfriend doesn't truely understand the awesomeness of this movie. I mean, the characters are pretty much amazing and the graphics look insanely real." Chanyeol boasts. "I've been waiting for this movie to come out for 2 years."
 
 
"Me too." Baekhyun replies, looking estathic. "Ever since the first movie came out. I've been in love with it. I still can't believe what happened at the end of the first movie though. It was so intense. I was biting my nails the whole time-"
 
 
Laughing, Chanyeol unknowingly forms a slight smile, which suprises Baekhyun -probably because he's never really seen Chanyeol smile before.  "Looks like we have something in common. I love this movie too."
 
 
The movie lasted only about an hour and a half. Most of the time, Baekhyun spent his time eating Chanyeol's popcorn, which Chanyeol had shared with him in exchange for some of Baekhyun's candy. When the movie ends, Chanyeol grabs the rest of his belongings and trash before he throws his trash into the bin.
 
 
"That was amazing. Right?" Chanyeol says stretching his arms out to stretch his idle muscles, as he walks out of the theater with Baekhyun besides him. Smiling like a 5 year old kid, Chanyeol turns to face Baekhyun but is shocked when he sees the latter breaking into tears. Instantly, Chanyeol begins to feel worried. He rushes over to Baekhyun's side to ask what was wrong. "Wa-What happened? Didn't you like the movie?"
 
"It was amazing." Bakehyun replies, weeping harder, as he buries his face with his hands. "But I didn't want Captain Mong to die. What about his monkey? What's going to happen to it? Who's going to raise it-"
 
 
Instead of replying, Chanyeol breaks into a laugh. "I thought it was something serious."
 
 
"This is serious!" Baekhyun sniffs, wiping his tears from his eyes. "You're laughing at me while I'm crying. I'm upset."
 
 
"It's not real, Baek." Chanyeol smiles, but his smile shortly fades when he realizes that he had just called Baekhyun by the nickname he used to call him when they were still friends. It wasn't really a nickname but rather a shorten version of Baekhyun's real name. Realizing what he just said, Chanyeol looks away in embarrassment as he begins to feel flustered. It's been 3 years sincee he's called Baekhyun by that name and Chanyeol can't help but feel flustered. He couldn't believe that the name accidently slipped out of his mouth. "I'm sorry. I-"
 
 
Blinking, Baekhyun starts to feel flustered. His heart beats faster, as he shakes his head. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."
 
-
 
"What is this?" Kyungsoo questions, tilting his head alittle to the side in confustion as he stares down upon the gigantic piece of food in front of him. "I've never seen this before."
 
 
Raising an eyebrow, Jongin turns over to face Kyungsoo with a shocked expression, still stunned at Kyungsoo's confession. "You've never seen a hamburger before? I thought everyone's at least tried one before."
 
 
"A hamburger?" Kyungsoo repeats, causing Jongin to nod his head. " Is it made out of ham then?"
 
 
Shaking his head, Jongin picks up the hamburger with both of his hands before turning his attention to Kyungsoo. "No. It's made out of meat. Well, actually ham is meat but it's not made with ham at all. You pick it up and eat it. You try it."
 
 
With both of his hands, Kyungsoo scoops up the hamburger and puts it besides his face, before he takes a small bite. Blinking his eyes at the unfamiliar taste, Kyungsoo slowly forms a smile. "It's good."
 
 
"Right?" Jongin replies, smiling as he watches Kyungsoo take another bite of the burger before Jongin, himself takes another big bite. "When my parents were divorcing, I ate hamburgers alot since they gave me strength. I stress eat-"
 
 
"I'm sorry."
 
 
"I told you too stop apologizing." Jongin sighs, before he pats Kyungsoo's head with a slight smile. "Why should you apologize when you've done nothing wrong? Anyways since I'm opening up too you, why don't you tell me something about yourself? I want to know something about Do Kyungsoo that nobody else knows. Enlighten me."
 
 
"There's nothing much about me." Kyungsoo replies, avoiding Jongin's gaze. "I don't have an interesting life like you do. I'm boring-"
 
 
"I think you're interesting."
 
 
Blushing, Kyungsoo lowers his head in embarrassment. He didn't want to look like this in front of Jongin. Kyungsoo's never actually told anyone about his life and when Jongin had suddenly told him to talk about it, Kyungsoo felt flustered. Jongin had always made him feel like this -like his heart was about to explode and stomach filled with butterflies. 
 
 
"Well I like math."
 
 
"Okay. And?"
 
 
"Umm... I like to draw."
 
 
"Why don't you join the art club?"
 
 
"It's just a hobby I do when I'm bored." Kyungsoo replies, grabbing a french fry and dunks in into the ketchup before he engulfs it into his mouth. "I don't I should. There are so many talented people in that club."
 
 
"Who knows maybe you're one of them. You know you shouldnt bring yourself down all the time." Jongin responds, watching Kyungsoo as he sips on his drink. Jongin smiles, before he speaks. "So what do you like to draw?"
 
 
Kyungsoo thinks for a while, before he responds. "Things I like."
 
 
"Have you drawn me yet?" Jongin questions, leaning in closer towards Kyungsoo with a warm smile on his face. Jongin watches as Kyungsoo blinks his eyes innocently in response, before he raises an eyebrow. "Have you?"
 
 
Kyungsoo lowers his head, before he nods, causing Jongin to be geninuely suprised. Jongin never actually thought Kyungsoo would draw him. It was just a little joke but nevertheless Jongin felt proud of himself. I mean, how many people from school could say that Do Kyungsoo personally drew them? Shocked, Jongin's lips curve into a wide smile. For some reason, hearing that made Jongin feel happier then he thought. 
 
 
"I drew your hand when you were holding a flower I really liked." 
 
 
Jongin's hope falls. He turns away in embarrassment, as Kyungsoo stares curiously. What was Jongin thinking? Of course, Kyungsoo wouldn't have drawn him. At least Kyungsoo drew his hand though. It was good enough, Jongin figures. Laughing, Jongin shakes his head as he rubs the back of his neck, completely flustered. "Now I'm disappointed."
 
 
"Eh? I'm sorry." Kyungsoo applogizes, watching as Jongin turns away from him. "Was it something that I said?"
 
 
"It's fine." Jongin replies, flashing Kyungsoo another one of his signature smiles. "Don't worry about it.  Have you drawn a person yet, Kyungsoo?"
 
 
Kyungsoo scrunches his eyebrows to think, before he shakes his head. "No. I don't think I so."
 
 
"Good. You're not allowed to draw anyone except for me." Jongin responds, patting Kyungsoo head protectively. "I won't let you. It's fine to me that I'm the only one who understands your feelings. Don't draw anyone else or their hand."
 
 
Nodding, Kyungsoo lets out a weak smile. "Even if I wanted to draw someone, I cant. I don't know how."
 
 
Jongin places an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder. "You really know how to uspet someone."
 
 
"You're upset?" Kyungsoo questions. "Do you want to hit me?"
 
 
Raising an eyebrow, Jongin turns to face Kyungsoo, as he lets out a laugh when he sees Kyungsoo raising his uniform sleeve for Jongin to hit his skin. Jongin smiles, before he pulls the sleeve back down before he takes Kyungsoo's hand and kisses it gently. "No. What kind of gentleman would I be if I hit you?"
 
 
Blushing, Kyungsoo feels his heart beating faster, as he looks down to avoid Jongin's gaze. "You... you kissed my hand."
 
 
"I guess I did." Jongin shrugs.