The Honeymoon Project : Part 2

Playing Pretend

 

Glares are sent from one side of the table to the other, as Baekhyun focuses his attention towards the puck and where it's heading. He watches as Chanyeol hits the puck back to him and is quick to hit it back. They have been playing air hockey for more than 30 minutes now, with game becoming intense and much more rough, as the clock ticks. Baekhyun grits his teeth in frustration and anoyannce once Chanyeol hits it back with the puck moving fast as lightening towards him. Baekhyun keeps his eye on the puck, waiting as it approaches, when suddenly Baekhyun feels his phone vibrating continously in his pockets. With this distraction, Baekhyun misses the puck and the game ultimately ends with Chanyeol becoming the overall winner.


Baekhyun rolls his eyes, as he reaches into his pockets for his cell phone. Who the hell had the nerve to disturb him during a game? He walks towards a corner and answers his phone with one ear plugged to block out the loud music that was currently playing so that he was given a chance to hear the person's voice. "Hello?"

 

"Baek?" He hears the voice on the other line say with a worried tone in his voice. Baekhyun could recognize that voice anywhere -it was Jongdae, his boyfriend, who was probably worried because Bakehyun had not been answering his phone calls. "I've been trying to call you. I even tried to call your house, but no one was answering. What happened-"



"Sorry." Baekhyun replies, watching from the corners of his eyes as Chanyeol gives highfives to the little boy and his other 2 twin brothers. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had found out a couple of minutes earlier that the little boy's name was Minguk and was at the arcade playing with his 2 other brothers, Daehyun and Manse. The three were triplets and found an interest in Baekhyun and Chanyeol, as the teo played games with one another.
 


"Are you somewhere?" Jongdae questions.
 


"I'm at the arcade-"



"Arcade? But you hate the arcade. I thought we were going to watch that new movie today together? We were talking about it since last week. Have you forgotten or something-"
 


Baekhyun mentally curses himself, as he bits his lip. "I'm really sorry. I forgot. I'm at the arcade right now with Chanyeol because we're working on our project together. You know for Home Economics. I'm really-"
 


Baekhyun hears Jongin sigh through the phone, making Baekhyun feel even worst. "It's okay, Baek. I understand. We could always watch the movie some other time."
 


"Are you sure-"
 


"I'm positive." Jongdae replies. "Really. I'm fine. I have to go my mom's calling me. Call me as soon as you get home, okay? I love you."
 


"I love you too." Baekhyun replies, as he ends the phone conversation with Jongdae. He returns his phone to his pockets before he returns to Chanyeol and the triplets, who now were hugging onto Chanyeol's legs.
 


"Your mom?" Chanyeol questions, trying to shake the triplets off. "Minguk, stop pulling my pants- Manse don't bite me!"
 


Giggling to himself, Baekhyun helps remove the triplets from Chanyeol's legs. Once, they're removed, Baekhyun speaks. "No, it was Jongdae."
 


"Oh."



"Yeah, he just called to check up." Baekhyun replies, taking a seat on an empty bench with Chanyeol following close behind.
 


"Were you two supposes to hang out or something?" Chanyeol questions, taking a seat besides Baekhyun. "Because if you were then I'm sorry-"
 


Baekhyun raises an eyebrow. Did Park Chanyeol just apologize to him? "You're what? Woah, I never thought those words would come out of your damn mouth, Park."
 


Chanyeol smirks, leaning his back against the wall putting himself in a relaxed position. "I'm not that bad of a person, Byun. I still do have some sort of manners and I know how to apologize."
 


Baekhyun would beg to differ. In fact, he was going to until Chanyeol stood up and spoke first. "How about another round of air hockey before we leave?"
 


Standing up, Baekhyun crosses his arms with a determined look on his face. "I don't know, Park. Are you ready to get your beaten?"
 


-
 


As soon as Kris and his teamates get out of the locker rooms, Kris feels a slight pain in his lower back -probably because he had just gotten shoved by an opposing team member minutes before the game had ended. He slings his gym bag over his shoulder, hoping that the pain will go away sooner or later. Rolling his eyes, Kris groans when he sees Tao approaching, holding his arms out for a hug. Due to his exhausted state, Kris just simply sighs when Tao envelopes him into a hug.

 


"Too tight. Now, let go." Kris demands, pulling Tao off of him.

 


"Great job today, you really did great-" Tao says as he pats Kris's back, which causes Kris to let out a quiet groan, as Kris closes his eyes due to the pain from his back. Worried, Tao narrows his eyes at the latter and gently places his hand on Kris's shoulder before he speaks. "Are you okay? Are you hurt-"

 


"I'm fine." Kris responds, yanking Tao's hand away. "Look, I don't think I have time today for the assignment. How about we just do it tomorrow-"

 


"I can't tomorrow." Tao replies, when he sees Kris heading towards his car. "I'm busy-"

 


"Fine. Then lets just not do this stupid project then." Kris bitterly replies, stepping into his car.

 

Tao then watches as Kris turns on the ignition and begins to drive away.

 


Sighing, Tao lets out a devasted sigh. He had been looking forward for this assignment to get a chance to learn more about Kris but seeing how Kris was so unwilling to compromise, Tao couldn't help but feel hopeless. Even if Kris was being harsh on Tao, Tao himself, doesn't know the reason why he still feels a sort of connection between the two. He had been stuck in a one-sided love with Kris since prmary school and was so determined to make Kris fall in love with him but could he really be able to accomplish that? Taking a deep breath, Tao begins to make his way towards his car to head straight home -considering the fact that Kris had ditched him and their "date."



Later that night, Tao ends up laying on his bed, phoning Luhan, who was probably having a romantic date with his boyfriend, Sehun. Tao knows that he might have been interrupting their date, but Tao didn't care. He needed someone to talk to. He needed his bestfriend.
 


After a couple of rings, Luhan answers with a bitter tone in his voice. "What do you want? I'm kind of busy-"
 


"Well, I've just had a pretty ed up day, myself." Tao replies, sadly. "Listen, I'm going to come over in a while-"
 


"Well I'm sorry to hear about that princess, but I'm not home. I'm at Sehun's house." Luhan replies, causing Tao to groan aloud. "We're having a date for your information. In fact, you should be on your date today too. You know, for Home Economics and all-"
 


"Would, but my partner ditched me-"
 


"Seriously, I don't understand what you see in Kris. He's just tall and handsome... but that's it. I heard he's really dumb especiall in math so why even bother? You know he's just going to reject you. Because he's an . You deserve someone better than him-"
 


"I told you, I'm not giving up." Tao replies, letting out a sigh. "He can reject me all he wants, but I'm not going to give up trying. There's something, Lu that makes me think there's a possibility for the two of us. I jsut haven't figured it out yet-"
 


"Well good luck with that. I have to go, Sehun's calling me-"
 


"Are you sure he's not for you?"
 


"Funny. But really, I'll see you soon." Luhan replies, ending the call.
 


Tao places his phone on his bedside table and groans. Why was everyone so busy today? Why did his crush and bestfriend have to be so busy and reject him on a lonely Friday night? Tao rolls over to his side, closing his eyes, as he begins to fall asleep. Because what was the point of staying awake when he had nothing to do?
 

-

 

"Who was that?" Sehun asks, when he makes his way into the kitchen after his shower. He takes a seat, as Luhan plates the food before handing a plate to Sehun. Sehun stares at the food, questionably, using his fork to stab a slice of chicken to show his boyfriend. "This is what you've been doing while I was taking a shower?"

 

"Don't play with food. I spent forever on that. I searched up the recipe and everything." Luhan replies, causing Sehun to chuckle. Luhan leans it closer, as Sehun takes a bite. "How is it?"

 

"Well it tastes a whole lot better than the last meal you cooked for me. At least this is edible." Sehun replies, honestly. Even if the food tasted like crap, it was an improvement from the first dish Luhan had served him -uncooked, green pasta with pickled fish. Who the would put those two dishes together in one meal? Luhan.

 

"Thank god. Because I-"

 

"Don't get me wrong, Lu but I think this is the only dish you've made for me that I think complements one another. Chicken and mashed potatoes. I think you just won my heart."

 

Giggling, Luhan kisses Sehun on his cheeks. "Does that mean I could become a chef?"

 

Sehun shakes his head, furrowing his eyebrows a little. "No. I don't want people sueing you for serving uncooked food at a resteraunt. Besides, the only person that can eat your food is me. I don't think there's anyone else in the world that could stand your cooking. No offense-"

 

"Relax, I have no intentions of becoming a chef." Luhan replies, taking a bite of the chicken which was to salty for his liking. "You could've told me that it was too salty, you know. This tastes like crap-"

 

Sehun laughs. "How about some Chinese take-out?"

 

Nodding his head in agreement, Luhan spits out the food on his plate. "Sounds good to me. I love Chinese food."

 

"Gee, I wonder why."


-
 


Jongin and Kyungsoo have been talking for approxiamately 30 minutes on the bleachers until Jongin begins to feel his feet fall asleep. Standing up, Jongin then makes his way towards the middle of the gym, streching his feet and the rest of his body out. When he turns his body to face Kyungsoo, Jongin laughs at the confused look Kyungsoo had on his face.
 


"Just stretching." Jongin explains, smiling, causing Kyungsoo to nod his head, in understandment.
 


Jongin then turns his attention towards a basketball rolling towards an isolated corner of the gym. He briskly runs towards the direction of the ball before he stops and leans down to grab the ball with his hands. Making his way towards Kyungsoo, Jongin has a playful smile on his face. Jongin then throws the ball at Kyungsoo, causing Kyungsoo to be taken off guard but nevertheless catches the ball with his hands.
 


Jongin laughs. "Good catch."
 


"Thanks."
 


"Ever played basketball before?" Jongin questions, catching the ball when Kyungsoo throws it back at him. He then begins to dribble the ball back and forth and even between his legs.
 


Kyungsoo shakes his head, amused with what Jongin was doing with the ball.
 


"Well, do you want to learn?" Jongin asks, finally being able to stand still.
 


When Kyungsoo nods his head, Jongin smiles before he returns the ball to Kyungsoo and guides him towards the middle of the gym. Jongin then grabs another ball from the rack for demonstration purposes and turns to face Kyungsoo. He drops the ball and then bounces it to his left and right sides, before he speaks.
 


"This is called 'dribbling'. It's really easy all you have to do is bounce the ball and flex your wrist. Try it."
 


Following Jongins command, Kyungsoo drops the ball and then becomes amazed at how fast the ball had come right back up. Focusing, Kyungsoo then listens to Jongin's instructions and dribbles the ball. Amazed, Kyungsoo lets out a wide grin and turns to Jongin -completely forgetting about the basketball that was now making it's way towards his head. "I did it. I'm-"
 


Before Kyungsoo has a chance to finish his sentence, the basketball hits the top of Kyungsoo's head, causing Kyungsoo to let out a soft whimper and rubs his head in response. Although, Jongin had felt bad, he couldn't stop himself from letting out a laugh.

 


"I'm sorry." Jongin says in between his laughter, before he quickly makes his way to comfort Kyungsoo, who keeps his head down. Feeling quilty, Jongin rubs the back of his head and bites his lower lip. "I shouldn't have laughed-"
 


What Jongin doesn't expect however is for Kyungsoo to let out a soft chuckle. Jongin had never seen Kyungsoo laugh before -Hell, nobody's ever heard of Kyungsoo's laughter. Knowing this, made Jongin feel special. Jongin was glad to have experienced Kyungsoo laughter because it meant that Kyungsoo was actally enjoying himself despite hurting himself in the process.
 


"You weren't supposed to throw the ball that high." Jongin smiles, returning the basketball back to Kyungsoo. "The ball should always be below yor waist when you're dribbling."
 


Kyungsoo nods, before he begins to dribble the ball once again. They dribble for a couple of more seconds, before Jongin guides Kyungsoo towards the middle of the free throw line. Kyungsoo watches as Jongin squats lower and then jumps, letting the basketball escape Jongin's hand and touch the rim. Shortly after, the ball passes through the net and Kyungsoo claps.
 


Jongin grabs the ball, as it rolls towards him. "That was called shooting. It's simple but it takes a while to figure out the perfect angle to make a score. Do you want to try?"
 


Kyungsoo bites his lower lip, hesistantly. "I don't think I could make a-"
 


"It's fine. I'll help you." Jongin replies, as he stands beside Kyungsoo and places his hands on Kyungsoo's waist, causing Kyungsoo to blush at Jongin's sudden action. Kyungsoo follows Jongin's instruction and quickly bends his knees before he jumps throwing the ball into the basket. Shocked, Kyungsoo turns to Jongin with his mouth opened, in suprise before enveloping the latter into a hug, shocking Jongin but nevertheless hugs Kyungsoo back.
 


Quickly realizing that he was hugging Jongin, Kyungsoo immediately pulls away, embarrassed, as his cheeks turn a light shade of pink. "Sorry, I-"
 


"It's alright." Jongin replies, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. When Kyungsoo is finally able to look up after his embarrassment, he sees Jongin smile at him. The eye contact was so awkward that Kyungsoo wanted to crawl under a rock just to avoid Jongin. But nevertheless gave Kyungsoo an unsual feeling in his stomach.
 


"Great throw though. I knew you could do it." Jongin replies, patting Kyungsoo on the back.
 


"I couldn't have done it without you." Kyungsoo replies, softly. Jongin runs his fingers through Kyungsoo's hair, smiling as he does so. A couple of seconds later, Kyungsoo speaks. "It looks like I'm learning alot from you."
 


-



Towards the end of their "date", Chanyeol drives Baekhyun back home, as it neared almost midnight -Baekhyun's curfew. Baekhyun had gotten multiple texts and calls from his mom, who had been worried sick due to her son's absence. What angered her even more was getting her calls rejected because Baekhyun was too busy playing a passionate and intense game of Air Hockey at the arcade with Chanyeol.
 


Unbulking his seatbelt, Baekhyun then turns towards Chanyeol and smiles awkwardly. "Well thanks for today."
 


Since, Baekhyun wasn't expecting a response from the latter, Baekhyun turns his body to open the car door; but, before both of his feet could reach the ground, he hears Chanyeol's soft yet masculine voice. "See you tomorrow, Baek."
 


Unknowingly, Baekhyun smiles in response -face still unwilling to look at Chanyeol straight in the eyes. He nods quickly, before he plants both of his feet on the ground and heads home with a wide grin planted on his face.  

 

It takes a while for him to notice the light that was lit inside of the house, causing Baekhyun to groan loudly. His mom was going to scold him in yet another long, agonizing lecture and then kill him -most probably to their dog. Preparing himself, Baekhyun lets out another deep breath before he twists the knob of the door. He plugs his ears, knowing that his mom was going to explode at him once again and then he hears a loud yell coming from the kitchen. Baekhyun's suspicions were confirmed.

 


"Byun Baekhyun!"
 


Sighing, Baekhyun begins to head upstairs. "I know mom. I know. How long am I going to be grounded this time around?"


A/N: Lied, so maybe this chapter isn't as long as I said I was going to make it. Sorry!