Downfall

Playing Pretend

After his fight with Jongdae in the morning, Baekhyun's mood seemed to go downhill. He just didn't seem to get it. He didn't understand why his boyfriend couldn't just be understanding and realize that him spending time with Chanyeol was just for educational purposes. Jealously is cute, but didn't Jongdae have some trust in him? Chanyeol's just a friend/enemy anyways. It wasn't like, Baekhyun was going to do anything-

 

Baekhyun bites his lips, as he recalls his kiss with Chanyeol.

 

"What's cooking, good looking?" Chanyeol says, grabbing the apple on Baekhyun's tray before taking a large bite of it. This causes Baekhyun to shake his head in response. He didn't have time nor the mood for this. 

 

"Move it, Park." Baekhyun replies, rolling his eyes, as he pivots his feet and walks past Chanyeol. 

 

Chanyeol follows closely behind. "You seem stressed. Anything bothering you lately?"

 

"You."

 

Chanyeol blinks innocently and flashes a bright smile, causing Baekhyun to groan. Baekhyun feels Chanyeol extend his arm on his shoulder, before Chanyeol speaks. "Gee, Baek, I'm glad you like me enough to think about me-"

 

Baekhyun grits his teeth and pushes Chanyeol away, causing the latter to stumble. "I don't like you, Park. You're manipulative and god damn annoying. How many ing times do I have to say it?"

 

"You can say it as many times as you like honey, I just won't beleive it." Chanyeol shrugs, before he pivots his feet to leave. Before he exits, he shoots Baekhyun with a wink. "Also, keep that attitude Baek. I like it fiesty." 

 

Baekhyun makes a loud groan, as he quickly makes his way across the other side of the cafeteria to seaerch for his friends. Once he spots Xiumin, he hurridly takes a seat and slams his tray of food onto the table, causing the others to look at him in shock. Baekhyun takes a deep breath to calm his nerves. "Hi."

 

Sehun blinks, innocently. "Looks like someone's in a bad mood-"

 

"Way to spot the obvious, Sehun." Luhan replies, rolling his eyes slightly at his boyfriend. He quickly turns his head to face Baekhyun and places a hand on Baekhyun's hand. "What's wrong Baek? You okay?"

 

"No." Baekhyun replies, taking a big bite of his sandwich. He felt like nothing was going his way today. First, he failed his Chemistry exam when he thought he at least was able to pass with a low C. Then, he had another fight with Jongdae in the morning. And probably had to deal with Park Chanyeol's annoying prescene for the day. "But I really don't want to talk about it. Where's everyone?"

 

"Well, Tao went to eat lunch with Kris today. Suho's in the library studying for his Anatomy class with Jongdae." Xiumin replies, stuffing his mouth with an almond. Baekhyun stiffens at the sound of his boyfriend's name. Maybe Baekhyun should just apologize. But for what? Baekhyun did nothing wrong. It's not like he wanted to hang out with Chanyeol so much. It was all part of the project. 

 

"I think Jongin went to the rooftop with Kyungsoo." Luhan remembers. "And I don't know about Chanyeol. Haven't seen him the whole day."

 

Xiumin turns his body towards Baekhyun. "Weren't you just with him? I thought I saw you guys-"

 

Baekhyun shakes his head. "Haven't seen that bastard since 1st period."


"He's probably with that girl that confessed to him the other day." Sehun states, putting his arms across Luhan's shoulder. "I heard from Jongin that after basketball practice, a girl came up to Chanyeol and confessed her feelings."

 

"What'd Chanyeol say?" Luhan asks, a little curious. 

 

"Not sure." Sehun replies. "But word on the street is that she's really pretty! So I think Chanyeol might've said yes or something. You know him. He's not serious about anyone. He's constantly switching his partners so-"

 

"I'm gonna go to the restroom." Baekhyun states, standing up. Something in him just wanted to leave. Baekhyun felt his blood boiling as Sehun went on about the event that happened yesterday. He couldn't believe Park Chanyeol had the nerve to include him in his silly game. If all Chanyeol wanted to do was mess around, then why couldn't Chanyeol find another person to mess around with?  

 

Luhan laughs. "You don't have to say it out loud Baek."

 

 

-

 

After lunch had ended, Kyungsoo and Jongin went their seperate ways as Kyungsoo went to his Statistics class and Jongin went to his Economics class. Jongin found it a bother that the two didn't have any other classes together (except for their Home Economics class) because the rest of the day without Kyungsoo seemed like a bore. Yawning, Jongin excuses himself to go to the restroom in hopes of taking a nap to make up for the lack of sleep he had gotten from the night before. 

 

As he opens the restroom door, he's greeted with Lay's smiling face. "Jongin, hi."

 

Jongin smiles. Well this was awkward. The last time the two had met was during Lay's birthday dinner, where things got a little too out of hand and their past was mentioned. Jongin keeps his greeting short and simple. He wasn't in the mood to have a full on conversation with his ex-boyfriend. "Hi."

 

"Why are you avoiding me?"

 

"Well, isn't that what ex's do?" Jongin scoffs, moving past Lay to dry his wet hands. "They ignore each other."

 

"Fine, we're ex's but we're friends-"

 

"Friends?" Jongin replies, sarcasm evident in his voice. "No, I tried to be friends with you but that went downhill after your birthday dinner and now frankly, I don't want anything to do with you anymore. So if you excuse me, I'm gonna go pee." 

 

"Jongin-"

 

"Lay please, I think it's best if we don't see each other for a while." Jongin states, turning his feet to walk towards the door. 

 

"Why are you even into that little, big eyed freak anyways?" Lay blurts, in annoyance. "What does he have that I don't? Looks? Money? Jongin, that guy can't give you anything. He's nothing like me!"

 

"That's the point Lay, Kyungsoo's nothing like you." Jongin replies, hand holding on the door handle. He turns the handle slightly, allowing the door to open. He turns his face to face Lay before he continues with his sentence. "It's one of the things I love about him."

 

Lay crosses his arms and grits his teeth as he watches Jongin leave the restroom. He felt hurt. Betrayed even with the sudden turn of events. Since when was Jongin so serious about Kyungsoo? No one was serious when it came to Kyungsoo. Compared to Lay, Kyungsoo was a mere outsider. Someone, who didn't fit in. So, how was he able to attract the attention of the school's most beloved athlete?

 

-

 

Baekhyun was a model student. He's had straight A's since he could remember and gets along well with his classmates -probably due to the fact that Baekhyun would help tutor them whenever they were in need of any assistance. All in all, Baekhyun was a well rounded student. Someone, who was helpful, smart, and kind. But, if there was one thing Baekhyun was bad at it would be keeping quiet during study hours. 

 

"Oh look what we have here." 

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, as he continues to clean the white board -part of his punishment for being disruptive during study hours. All he did was casually ask his classmate a simple question, but Mr. Kang took their conversation as a sign of disrespect for the other students, who wanted peace and quiet to study. In the end, Baekhyun was sentenced to clean the classroom during his free period. "What do you want Park? Don't you have P.E during this period? Why are you here?" 

 

Chanyeol gasps, putting his hand near his mouth. He takes a seat on an empty desk and watches Baekhyun, as he cleans the white board. "You know my schedule? Are you interested in me already, Baek?"

 

"No, I know Jongdae's schedule and I just so happen to know that you guys have P.E together."

 

"But still, you know schedule." Chanyeol says, affectionatly. "I'm touched. I can't believe you're interested enough to know my classes-"

 

"Again, I don't know you're schedule." Baekhyun replies, annoyance evident in his voice. "I know Jongdae's schedule."

 

"Why do you like that punk anyways?" Chanyeol scoffs. "You guys fight all the damn time. He leaves you alone at parties and can't take you home because he's too drunk. When's the last time you guys went on a date?"


"Last week."

 

"The party doesnt count." Chanyeol replies sternly, as he crosses his arms. "Think again."

 

A minute goes by in silence. Honestly, Baekhyun didn't know the last time Jongdae and he went on a date alone together. Chanyeol sighs. "See my point exactly, he doesn't treat you right Baek. You know, if I was your man, I would make you feel like a princess-

 

"You know, I can never tell when you're serious." Baekhyun states. As Baekhyun recalls the scene of a female student confessing to Chanyeol, Baekhyun begins to aggressively wipe the board clean. "I don't get you Park. You say that you like me and try to win me over, but still play with other girls-"

 

Chanyeol blinks. He raises an eyebrow, as he slowly walks towards Baekhyun. Chanyeol leans in, close to the latter's ears and whispers. "Is my little Baek jealous?"

 

Baekhyun turns his body hastily to face Chanyeol with a confident look on his face. He was ready to prove Chanyeol wrong. Baekhyun wanted to tell Chanyeol that he wasn't jealous. Why would Baekhyun be jealous? As Baekhyun turns his body, however, his confident look falls as Baekhyun notices the distance between them. Baekhyun feels his heart beating faster and faster, as Chanyeol lowers himself to match Baekhyun's height and smiles.

 

Chanyeol lifts his hand to pat Baekhyun on the head, but stops, as Baekhyun takes a step back. "I'm not jealous. Now, get out-"

 

"She confessed to me." Chanyeol states, carelessly. "Said she liked me since she was a freshmen and went to every single one of my games. Apparently, I'm her ideal man."

 

Baekhyun heart stops. In fact, Baekhyun didn't know why he felt so affected because of Chanyeol's words. Why did Baekhyun even care? It wasn't like they were dating or anything? In fact, Baekhyun even has a boyfriend. So why was he feeling so possessive over the latter? Baekhyun feels his throat begin to grow dry, causing him to gulp. "So, are you going out with her now?"

 

Baekhyun braces himself. He regretted himself for even asking such a question. But even worse, Baekhyun hated himself for caring about the answer. Chanyeol takes a small step forward. "No."

 

Baekhyun feels a sense of relief -to which he hated. He walks over to the corner of the classroom and grabs the broom stick to start cleaning the fallen dust and trash from the classroom floor. "Why? Rejecting a cute, pretty girl like that-"

 

"You." Chanyeol replies. "You're my reason." 

 

Before Baekhyun has a chance to reply, he feels warm hands enveloping around his waist. Baekhyun then feels Chanyeol's chin on the crook of his neck, causing him to drop the broom and dustpan from his hands. Baekhyun felt his knees grow weak, as Chanyeol's warm breath made it's way into his ears. He hated the fact that Chanyeol had this effect on him.

 

Since when was Park Chanyeol able to take control of his heart?

 

And when did Baekhyun give it to him in the first place?

 

Baekhyun's had enough. He's had enough of Chanyeol's constant remarks about his love for him. He's had enough of this ty day. And more importantly, Baekhyun's had enough of constantly feeling alone. He needed someone to be there for him. And at that particular moment Baekhyun didn't care if it was the idiot, Park Chanyeol, himself.

 

"I hate you." Baekhyun states, staring at Chanyeol's lips, which were now only a mere inch away. 

 

-

 

To: Kyungsoo

Are you busy afterschool today? Do you want to go to Koko's Cafè with me?

From: Jongin

 

Before he has a chance to reply to Jongin's text, Kyungsoo feels himself being pushed to the side of the hallway. He looks up and flashes a slight smile at the figure in front of him. "Oh, hi Lay!"

 

"Hi." Lay replies, with a touch of annoyance in his voice. Lay crosses his arms, as he watches Kyungsoo blink due to the silent atmosphere. Lay sighs, realizing how awkward Kyungsoo was at starting and intiating a conversation. "Watch where you're headed next time. You're blocking my way-"

 

Kyungsoo quickly apologizes and bows his head. "Oh, I'm sorry! I should've watched where I was going."

 

"At least you know you were mistaken. Now, if you excuse me-"

 

Kyungsoo tilts his head. "Umm, you seem stressed. Is everything okay?"

 

"No."

 

"Do you want to talk about it?"


"With you? In the middle of a crowded hallway?" Lay scoffs, shaking his head. He watches as Kyungsoo's smile begins to fade. "No thanks-"

 

"Well, if you ever need anything. I'm here if you need me!"

 

Lay watches as Kyungsoo begins to walk past him to get to his next class. Lay shakes his head at the latter's naiveness and innocent ways. Despite Kyungsoo's tough, dark look, he was actually pretty oblivious. Didn't it seem obvious that Lay didn't like him? Or was Lay just a great actor? 

 

"Wait, Kyungsoo!" 

 

After hearing Lay call him, Kyungsoo turns his back and faces Lay. "Yeah?"

 

"Actually there is something bothering me." Lay sighs, looking down at the floor. "My ex-boyfriend has been avoiding me lately. I really want to get back together with him, but he won't even look at me anymore. And today, to make things worst, he said it would be better if he didn't see me around."

 

"You're talking about Jongin right?"


Lay smiles. "That's right. You heard?"

 

"From Suho." Kyungsoo replies, finding himself a little uncomfortable. He didn't know why, but he felt like an ant compared to Lay. "That one time in the bookstore-"

 

"Oh! I remember that!" Lay recalls. "Since you know about us. Do you mind talking to him for me?"

 

Kyungsoo hesitates. "I'm not sure if he'll listen to me though." 

 

"Come on, Soo." Lay begs, putting his hands together. "You'll be doing your friend a favor. By friend, I meant me by the way."

 

"Friend?"

 

"We are friends aren't we?" Lay smiles, putting a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder. He watches Kyungsoo's blank expression. "Unless you don't want to be?"

 

"Oh no! Not oh no as a bad thing! I meant... I mean, sure!" Kyungsoo replies. He was shocked that Lay considered him a friend. "I'd love to be friends with you."

 

"Great!" Lay responds. He adjusts the straps on his backpack and gives Kyungsoo a pat on his back. "Listen, I have to go to class. I'll see you at the Art Club meeting after school today then!"

 

Kyungsoo watches, as Lay makes his way to class. Honestly, he didn't know what to do. Despite being asked to talk to Jongin for Lay, something in him didn't want to. Kyungsoo's never felt something for someone like that before and he wasn't ready for Jongin to be taken away. But then again, Lay was his friend. And he didn't want to let his friend down. 

 

Suddenly Kyungsoo remembers Jongin's text and takes out his phone to reply.

 

To: Jongin

Sorry. I have a meeting after school today.

From: Kyungsoo

 

The meeting lasted longer than he expected considering the fact that most of their after school meetings lasted between 10 and 30 mins at most. This meeting, however, lasted an hour and a half. Kyungsoo expected Suho to just announce upcoming events for the month, but apparently there were much more things to be announced. They even played a couple of introduction games so that the members could feel closer to one another. During the meeting, however, Kyungsoo didn't see Lay, who apparently had a family event he needed to attend right after school. It wasn't a bad thing considering the fact that Kyungsoo felt unprepared to meet the latter ever since their discussion on the hallway. After the meeting had ended, Kyungsoo begins to gather his belongings. 

 

"Hey, Kyungsoo." 

 

Kyungsoo stares the figure in front of him and flashes a quick smile. "Hi, Suho." 

 

"I haven't seen you since that time at the art museum. It's been a while." Suho replies, flashing a smile right back. "How are you?"

 

"I'm doing fine. How about you?"
 

"Just a little stressed from all these exams." Suho replies, exhaustion evident in his voice. "You were looking out at the window during the meeting. Is there something on your mind?"

 

Kyungsoo hesitates. He wasn't the type to ask other people for advice -probably because he never had friends before to ask - but he needed some advice. "Let's say hypothetically, there's a guy I like, but his ex wants him back. And the ex and I are friends, but the ex wants me to help them get back together. What should I do?"

 

Suho chuckles at Kyungsoo's innocent questios. It was obvious Kyungsoo was talking about Jongin and Lay. "Well, if you like the person, you shouldn't give up your happiness for someone else. There are times you have to be selfish and do things that make you happy."

 

"You can't please everyone." Suho continues, patting Kyungsoo on the head. "Well, you should go before it gets too dark. Sorry for prolonging the meeting today, I won't be here next week for one."

 

"It's okay." Kyungsoo replies, getting up from his seat. "See you around!"

 

-

 

They didn't kiss. How could they kiss when Baekhyun already had a boyfriend? Sure, they weren't on good terms but he couldn't just openly cheat on Jongdae like that. Sure, him and Chanyeol might've shared a kiss before but they were drunk! Meanwhile, today they were both sober.

 

As Baekhyun steps out of the bus, he keeps his head down and begins to walk home with Chanyeol on his mind. Baekhyun felt horrible for even wanting to kiss Park Chanyeol a few hours ago. Baekhyun felt so guilty. He had a boyfriend yet another man was able to make his heart race so easily. 

 

Baekhyun sighs. "How pathetic."

 

As he nears his house, Baekhyun begins to retrieve his keys from inside his backpack. Suddenly he hears a voice calling after him. "Baek."

 

Baekhyun turns around and sees his boyfriend. "Jongdae? What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm sorry about today." Jongdae says. "I was upset and I shouldn't have lashed out on you like that. I know you're just spending time with Chanyeol so that you can get a good grade but-"

 

"I think we should break up." Baekhyun interrupts, causing Jongdae to have a shocked expression on his face. "This isn't working out. I'm sorry."

 

Jongdae reaches out to hold Baekhyun's hand, but is rejected when Baekhyun moves away. "Why? We were doing so well."

 

Baekhyun scoffs. "We fought... everyday. And I don't even remember the last time we ever had a real date that didn't involve a party."

 

"Yeah but-"

 

"Did you even notice that I left the party the other night? Or that your so called friend, Minho, tried to hook up with me behind your back?" Baekhyun questions. "No, because you're never there for me and today I just realized that."

 

"I'm not saying it's your fault because I'm at fault too. I should've paid more attention to you" Baekhyun continues, watching the hurt expression Jongdae was making. "I didn't make enough time for you and made you feel insecure-" 

 

"We can make it work." Jongdae begs. "Please, Baek. I don't want to lose you."

 

"I think you lost me a long time ago." Baekhyun replies. Watching Jongdae beg for their relationship hurt, but Baekhyun knew he was doing the right thing. He didn't deserve Jongdae's love. Especially, when he was unsure of his own. 

 

"I'm so sorry."

 

-

 

"Jongin?" Kyungsoo says, as he exits the school building and sees a familiar figure leaning against the brick wall. He was shocked, he never expected Jongin to still be at school at this hour, but nevertheless Kyungsoo approaches him. "What are you doing here?"

 

"Well, you said you had a meeting after school today-"

 

"You were waiting for me?"

 

"Yeah." Jongin replies shly. He slings his backpack over his shoulders and continues with his sentence. "I figured if we couldn't go to the cafè today then I could just walk you home."

 

"Sure." Kyungsoo says, feeling his checks turning into a bright shade of pink. Whenever Kyungsoo was with Jongin, Kyungsoo was never able to contain his happiness and always ends up feeling like a fool. So, how was he supposed to give Jongin to another man? "I was talking to Lay in the hallway today." 

 

Jongin stiffens at the sound of Lay's name. He looks at Kyungsoo and watches how the latter keeps his head down as the two stroll across the neighborhood. "What was it about?"

 

"You." Kyungsoo replies. Honestly, it didn't shock Jongin that the two were discussing about him. After he clearly stated that he didnt want to see Lay around anymore, Jongin knew Lay would try to manipulate someone close to Jongin. "And how he wants to get back together with you."

 

Jongin keeps his attention fixed on the latter. "Kyungsoo, I have no intentions of-"

 

"He said that as a friend, I should talk to you for him and ask you to reconsider." Kyungsoo continues, still staring at the floor. By now, he was walking at a slightly faster speed then Jongin. "Jongin, he said I was his friend. I didn't even know that we were friends."

 

"Soo, look at me-"

 

"I told myself to just bring it up to you." Kyungsoo avoids Jongin's demand and continues playing with the bracelet Jongin had given him. Honestly, since he was given that bracelet, Kyungsoo never took it off -unless he was showing of course. "But, I don't want someone else to snatch you away from me. I don't want other people to have feelings for you. I feel so selfish because-"

 

Before Kyungsoo has a chance to finish his sentence, Jongin grabs Kyungsoo's wrist, causing the latter to twirl and face him. Jongin pulls Kyungsoo into his embrace and holds Kyungsoo's head close to his chest. "How am I going to be snatched away? I'd be a waste to let go of someone this cute."

 

-

 

9:15 PM

To: Baekhyun

Hi

From: Chanyeol

 

9:45 PM

To: Baekhyun

Are you ignoring me?

From: Chanyeol

 

10:00 PM

To: Baekhyun

What the hell, Baek. Answer me!

From: Chanyeol

 

10:10 PM

To: Baekhyun

Are you mad?

From: Chanyeol

 

10:30 PM

To: Baekhyun

Did something happen? 

From: Chanyeol

 

Chanyeol found it odd. Especially since Baekhyun was the type of person to answer his texts immediately, no matter how annoyed it made him. Waiting for a response, Chanyeol holds his phone close to his chest as he lays down on his bed. A couple minutes past and Chanyeol begins to lose hope for a response.

 

As he stands up, Chanyeol ruffles his hair in annoyance. He holds his phone in front of his face and glares at his part sent messages to Baekhyun. "How hard is it to answer a text? If you're mad, you should reply and say what I did wrong!"

 

Chanyeol places his phone in his chest and embraces it. "Don't make me worry and respond already, idiot."

 

Living on his own had its own benefits and drawbacks; however, in Chanyeol's opinion, there were more pros than there were cons. After saving enough money, Chanyeol was able to rent a small studio apartment and cut off most contact with his parents and his parents company. Of course, he still receives allowance from his parents and occasional visits from his parents' secretaries to check up on him, but other than that, he's on his own. 

 

Chanyeol keeps his phone close, as he makes his way into the kitchen. He takes out a glass and pours water into it, before chugging the glass of water. Suddenly, Chanyeol feels a vibration and takes out his phone from his pocket, hoping that Baekhyun responded to his texts. 

 

To: Chanyeol 

I won't be in class tomorrow. Take notes for me.

From: Baekhyun

 

"Won't be in class... What the ?" Chanyeol says aloud, a frown forming. Immediately, Chanyeol finishes his glass of water, before he calls Baekhyun to find out what the hell was going on with him. The constant ringing upsets Chanyeol even more, knowing that Baekhyun was ignoring his call. After the first call fails, he tries again... and again... and again... until finally Baekhyun picks up.

 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" Baekhyun shouts over the phone. 

 

"IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR IGNORING ME AND MY CALLS!" Chanyeol responds, getting riled up. "Anyways, what's this about you not coming to class tomorrow?? Are you sick?"

 

"No."

 

"Are you hurt?" Chanyeol questions, thinking of other possible reasons. "Oh my god Baek, I swear if you hurt yourself-"

 

"I'm not hurt."

 

"THEN WHY THE HELL AREN'T YOU GOING TO SCHOOL?!"

 

"Why do you care?" Baekhyun sighs.

 

"WHY DO I CARE? BYUN BAEKHYUN I SWEAR-"

 

"Listen, I'm fine okay."

 

"I still don't understand." Chanyeol replies, scratching his head. "Mind to explain why you're not going to school tomorrow? You're not hurt. You're not sick. Then what the hell is wrong with you?"
 

"Chanyeol, I'm just missing 1 day of school-"

 

"I don't care. School's the only way I get to see you." Chanyeol explains. " Seriously Byun-"

 

Suddenly Chanyeol hears whimpers and cries coming from the other line. Immediately, Chanyeol's hear feels heavy. "Baekhyun? What happened? Are you okay? What's wrong?"

 

"DON'T YOU DARE AVOID THE QUESTION." Chanyeol states. "AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT HANGING UP-"
 

"You. Aren't... suffsuedtooocajire."

 

"Ok. What the are you talking about."

 

"You... Aren't... supposed to care." Baekhyun sobs. "You're not supposed to worry about me. I don't want you to."

 

"Geez, Baek." Chanyeol replies, in relief. He thought the issue was more serious than it was. "How am I not supposed to care about the person I love?"

 

"Well stop."

 

"Are you ing dumb? Don't you think I would've stopped if I could?" Chanyeol says softly. He didn't mean to call the latter dumb, but it was just his way of speaking. Thankfully, Baekhyun didn't take it to heart. "Did something happen today? You can tell me. You can tell me anything. I just want to know what's making you so sad that you don't want to go to school tomorrow. Is it Jongdae-"

 

"We broke up."

 

Chanyeol should've felt bad. He should've felt sorry that the two broke up. But how could he? He feels like he just won the lottery. "Oh."

 

"I broke it off." Baekhyun explains. "We were just fighting too much and maybe we weren't meant to be. You know, a year ago I thought that... he was the love of my life. But then, it's scary how things can change so easily."

 

"Well, that's life Baek." Chanyeol replies, he leans against the kitchen counter, before he continues. "You never know what's going to happen."

 

"But I feel so bad." Baekhyun sniffs. "I hurt him."

 

"No Baek, you did the right thing." Chanyeol replies, trying his best to comfort the latter. "It's better for him to know now than for you to continue pretending."

 

"Really?" Baekhyun sniffs.

 

Chanyeol smiles, noticing Baekhyun's change of voice. The latter seemed to be doing a little better now considering the fact that the sobbing stopped. "Really, Baek. I'm proud of you."

 

"Thanks, Park." Baekhyun says. 

 

"So, about this not going to school? Reconsider it." Chanyeol demands, as he begins to walk back to his room. "How would I survive the day without you?"

 

"Okay."

 

"You're not sad anymore are you?"
 

"No."

 

"Okay, good." Chanyeol smiles, as he gets into his bed. "So, just go to sleep-"

 

"Do you mind staying on the line with me until I fall asleep?" Baekhyun shyly questions. "I'm not sad anymore, I just feel a little lonely. But I understand if you-"

 

"I'll be here if you need me."

 

"By the way, Chanyeol."

 

Chanyeol hums in response, urging Baekhyun to continue. 

 

"I didn't really mean it before." Baekhyun says softly over the phone. "When I said I hated you, I didn't mean it. I was just having a hard day and took it out on you."

 

"It's okay."

 

Despite the lack of conversation on the phone, Chanyeol found it relaxing. Just hearing Baekhyun soft breathing was amusing to him. After living alone, Chanyeol felt lonely at night. But today was different. The loneliness was replaced with a warm, comfortable feeling in his heart.