Momma Knows Best

Playing Pretend

Kyungsoo likes alot of things. He likes cats. Dogs. Birds. Flowers. Painting... Drawing...

 

 "What are you doing?" His mom questions. It was offly odd how Kyungsoo had gone straight to his room after he had gotten home from school today. He normally would have a light snack and then watch a couple of short films before heading upstairs to do his homework. 

 

"Nothing." Kyungsoo replies softly, flipping through the dictionary before he lands on the page he was looking for. He takes the book closer beside him and reads a quick defintion of the word that had been confusing him the whole day. 

 

His mom raises her eyebrows. "Really now? Wanna tell me why you rushed upstairs to read a... a dictonary?"

 

"Well a boy told me he liked me today-"

 

"What?" Kyungsoo's mom asks, a little taken aback but happy nevertheless. "Kyungsoo that's great! Oh my goodness... I didn't expect this to happen so soon. What should I do? I need to meet the guy-"

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head, attempting to calm her down with a hand on her shoulder. "Stop it."

 

"Okay, sorry." She replies, placing a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "It's just, it's the first time that this has ever happened... and I guess I don't know what to do!"

 

"Well, neither do I." 

 

 "Well, do you like him back?" She replies, pushing the subject. It was the first time Kyungsoo was asking for advice, she couldn't miss this oppurtunity! "Do you have feelings for the guy or is everything just platonic?"

 

Kyungsoo scratches his head. "I don't know."

 

"What does it feel like when you're around him? Do you feel happy? Angry? Excited to hang out with him?"

 

"I guess I feel kind of happy. My heart beats for no reason whenever I see him across the hall and I can't seem to not laugh along when he tells a joke. But I also feel kind of shy when I'm around him because I feel like I'd look like an idiot."

 

"Maybe you should tell him this."

 

"I'm scaried." Kyungsoo replies, lowering his head.

 

"Honey, there's nothing to be scaried of." She states, patting Kyungsoo's back as a way to comfort him. "Especially, if the guy you like, likes you back! This is great news."

 

"But... but what if I'm not what he expects me to be. What if he ends up hating me and calls me disgusting?" Kyungsoo shoots back up, with a slight fear in his eyes. "What if he ends up viewing me like how dad sees me?"

 

"Your dad left because it wasn't working out." Kyungsoo's mom replies with a stern look on her face. She carasses Kyungsoo's cheeks, before she continues on. "Our split had nothing to do with you, okay?"

 

"Okay."

 

-

 

Baekhyun paces himself back and forth in his room. He'd been ignoring the calls and texts he'd been receiving from his boyfriend because honestly he didn't know how he'd be able to face Jongdae again after what had happened with Chanyeol. Baekhyun couldn't believe that he allowed Chanyeol to kiss him... Not once, but twice! The thought of cheating on his boyfriend, with the one he despised the most made Baekhyun's stomach churn.

 

How the hell did it end up like this?

 

Suddenly, a knock on his door interupts his thoughts. He stops and watches as his mom opens the door. She peeps out the door with a warm smile painted on her face. "You have a visitor." 

 

"Tell Jongdae I'm-" 

 

 "Jongdae?" His mom replies, shaking her head. "He didn't come over."

 

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow. "Then who did?"

 

"Your friend, Chanyeol." Baekhyun's mom replies, with a bright smile on her face. "Very handsome that guy! He could be a model if he wanted to... I think. Anyways, he's downstairs having some fruit. Should I send him up?"

 

"Ummm, sure." Baekhyun replies, watching as his mom scurries downstairs to fetch Chanyeol. After his mom had left, Baekhyun began to adjust himself. He had no idea why Chanyeol was here and what his intentions were. 

 

It takes a couple of seconds for Baekhyun to hear footsteps coming up the stairs. "Nice place."

 

"How do you know where I live?"

 

"I sent you home once, don't you remember?" Chanyeol replies, walking inside the room with a sly smile on his face. As he takes a seat ontop of the bed, he couldn't help but smirk when Baekhyun flinched, as the two made eye contact. "I hope you don't think I was stalking you or anything... Because I have other things to do with my life."

 

"Gee, for someone who "likes" me, you sure treat me like an ." 

 

Chanyeol scoffs. "Baek, I never said I liked you." 

 

"What the hell? Then what was that whole talk, we had on the rooftop, about? Was that all some bull? How about that kiss... No, we didn't just have one kiss, but two! Why the hell did you kiss me? Was I just your booty call?"

 

"Booty call? Baek, we never even had ... how would you be my booty call?" Chanyeol replies, finding it entertaining how Baekhyun was scrambling with his words. "Unless, you want to-"

 

"Get over yourself." Baekhyun replies, rolling his eyes. 

 

"And as for the kiss, I didn't see you push me away... either times you never told me to stop, so I take it that you're fond of me too." 

 

"I have a boyfriend."

 

"I'm aware."

 

"So why?"

 

"I'm not going to do anything until you choose me." 

 

"What?"

 

"It's true that I like you and if it wasn't for that bastard Jongdae, I would probably jump you right now." "But seeing how he's still in the picture, I don't want to be your side hoe..."

 

Baekhyun raises an eybrow, urging Chanyeol to continue on. 

 

Chanyeol recieves the cue from Baekhyun and continues with his confession. "I want to be your main hoe." 

 

"How romantic of you."

 

"I'm serious, Baek." Chanyeol says with a wink, leaving Baekhyun to wonder how this man had become so confident in himself and his abilities. "I'll win you over, just wait and see."

 

-

 

Baekhyun raises his hand and waves to the class, who had the same blank expression on their faces. "I'm Baekhyun." 

 

"I'm Chanyeol." Chanyeol follows, awkwardly as he lifts their robot baby up for the class to see. Today, partners had to present their babies in front of the whole class and tell everyone someone they had learned while raising their kids throughout the 2 weeks they were assigned. "And this is our kid, Connard."

 

"Hi, Connard!" The class greets. A couple of groans were heard, causing Mr. Lee to shush at the directions of the irritated groans. 

 

"God, this is horrible." Luhan whispers, letting out a loud sigh as he listens to Baekhyun talk about Connard's likes and dislikes. "He's a fake baby! How could he possibly like tuna?"

 

Tao rolls his eyes, as he leans back against his chair. "And lame."

 

"It sounds like a ing alcholic convention." Kris replies, causing others around him to raise their eyebrows at his statement. "My mom made me take one last year because she thought I was one because I stayed up all night during the summer."

 

Sehun shrugs. "Might explain why you're so tense all the time." 

 

"Hey!"

 

Kyungsoo's focus gets distracted when he feels a slight nudge from Jongin. At first, he didn't know how to react. It had already been a day since Jongin had confessed and quite frankly Kyungsoo didn't know how to reply. But ignoring Jongin, could also cause problems so instead Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow. "What is it?"

 

"Meet me at the rooftop at lunch."

 

"But I-"

 

"Mr. Kim and Mr. Do please pay attention." Mr. Lee frowns. "It is quite rude starting conversations while a couple is presenting. Another word from you two and you'll both be receiving detentions."

 

"We're not a couple." Baekhyun mumbles, folding his arms.

 

Mr. Lee turns his attention to the front of the class. "What was that, Mr. Byun?"

 

"Nothing."

 

"Okay, class you have the remaining amount of time to pack up your belongings and clean up any mess you may have made." Mr. Lee says, after he checks the clock. He always gives his students 5 minutes to pack up before they leave for their second period. "That's all for today. We'll finish the rest of the presentations tomorrow. Don't forget your essays on the Baby Project are due Friday!"

 

5 minutes later the bell rings. Baekhyun slings his backpack on to his back and makes his way towards the exit. As he exits the classroom, he sees Jongdae leaning against the wall. Baekhyun greets him with a smile, before giving his boyfriend a light peck on the cheek. "What are you doing here? Were you waiting for me?"

 

Jongdae pats the top of his head, before he walks Baekhyun to his next class, which also happens to be 2 doors down from his own classroom. He places a hand on Baekhyun's shoulder, before he speaks. "Who else would I be waiting for? So are you free this week? I have tickets to see this awesome new game Wedne-"

 

"Can't, I have to finish this project with Chanyeol." Baekhyun grunts. Suddenly, Baekhyun feels a vibration in his pocket. He immediately fishes for his phone in his jeans and as he retrieves the phone, he opens the message. Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun texts back.

 

"Who are you texting?" 

 

"Chanyeol."

 

"Chanyeol?" Jongdae raises an eyebrow. "When did you guys become so close? You guys are always together... Are you sure you're not going out with him instead of me?"

 

"Close? Please, Chanyeol hates-" Bakehyun shakes his head, realizing that Chanyeol doesn't hate him, but instead is madly in love with him. "This is just part of our project... That's all."

 

"Really?" Jongdae scoffs, removing his hand off of Baekhyun's shoulder. "Hanging out with him at night and ditching your boyfriend is part of your project?"

 

"Why are you getting so upset?" Baekhyun replies. "I let you hang out with all of your other friends."

 

Jongdae lets out a frustrated sigh. "So you guys are friends now?"

 

"Well... yes?" Baekhyun replies. In all honestly, Baekhyun was a little bit confused as to what he and Chanyeol were. "Look, It's complicated. I don't want to fight right now. It's only second period... I'll call you."

 

-

 

"You wanted to see me?" Kyungsoo asks, approaching Jongin, who sat down admiring the view and letting the cold breeze past his body. Upon hearing Kyungsoo's voice, Jongin shoots him a warm smile. Kyungsoo watches as Jongin pats the seat beside him, indicating Kyungsoo to take a seat next to him. 

 

"Don't you love this season?" Jongin questions. "I've always liked the colder seasons."

 

Kyungsoo nodds. "Why is that?"

 

"Well for starters, I've always liked how the colors of the leaves changes. Whether its red, orange, or even brown, I think it just gives so much warmth." Jongin replies. "And my birthday's coming up so that's another reason."

 

Kyungsoo smiles. He didn't expect Jongin to be so into these types of things. Jongin just seemed more of the play basketball and get drunk till 2 AM type of person."When's your birthday?" 

 

"January 14." Jongin replies. "What about you?"

 

"January 12." 

 

"That's only a couple days before mine!" Jongin smiles. "Let's celebrate it together when the time comes... What's your favorite food?" 

 

Kyungsoo thinks for a while before he speaks. He's never had to think about his favorite type of food. "I guess I like everything since I eat everything."

 

"I see." Jongin replies, chuckling slightly at Kyungsoo's answer. "How about your favorite color?"

 

"Why are you asking me so much questions?" Kyungsoo shoots back. "Didn't you have something you wanted to discuss with me? Isn't that why you called me here today?"

 

"Because I want to know everything about you." Jongin replies, giving Kyungsoo a serious look. "Your likes, dislikes, even your flaws, I want to know everything about you. I guess that's what you do when you like someone."

 

Jongin watches as Kyungsoo turns a light shade of pink and stumbles to find his words. "I-"

 

Jongin smiles and pats his head. "You don't need to say anything-"

 

"I like you too." Kyungsoo replies, suprising the latter. Kyungsoo blinks and rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment. "So, I want to know more things about you too."

 

Leaning in, Jongin presses his lips against Kyungsoo's... completely unaware that from the other side of the rooftop door someone had taken a picture of the beloved basketball superstar kissing the school's quiet, mysterious guy. 


Update: Sorry for lack of updates! School was hectic and I was have writers block so I couldn't come up with much ideas, but hopefully I'll be able to update more this break!