Report

TOXIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Report please." Zino requested as soon as Yubin and Sunmi got home.

Yubin threw her handbag on the couch and sat next to Zino, resting her feet on the top of the coffee table, while Sunmi excused herself to the shower.

"What a day!" Yubin exclaimed as if she just had a good tiring run.

"Are you tired?" Zino asked.

"Nope..." She said. "You want the report? Well, let's just say part 1 of phase 2 = SUCCESS!"

"Really?" Zino grinned at her.

"Yup. He's coming back next week for another session." Yubin reported.

"Which means he's finding you helpful?"

"I guess so. He seemed to be slowly opening up and keen to come back for another session."

"Is he more interested in you or in the problem he has?"

"For now, I think he's more interested in solving his problem."

"And the problem is?"

"He thinks he might have some sort of multiple personality disorder(MPD)... but I would need to see that other personality appearing to be sure he has that disorder."

"And what kind of personality does he turn into?"

"A monster as he claims... whom he felt could have hurt others unknowingly."

"Mrs Moon...." Zino recalled the suffering wife of the target.

Yubin nodded. "I think I might just quit my con artist job to become a full-time shrink, oppa. I'm beginning to like this job. I'm really good at it and I think I can help this guy."

"Yub, do you realize what is your main role?! You are supposed to seduce him! And now with this ...weird problem he has, you may be in danger as well!" Zino was worried now.

"I have you, oppa. And I know you'll always protect me." Yubin patted his back.

But Zino shook his head. "I can't ALWAYS protect you, Yub. You know that."

"Don’t worry. I'm gonna finish this job well. I'm gonna get Mrs Moon her well-deserved divorce soon."Yubin assured him.

====

Zino woke up to the shriek of his mobile phone ringing. He groaned tiredly as he checked who was calling him this early in the morning. It was Mrs Moon.

"Hello?" Zino greeted. He texted her last night with a question but she did not reply...until now?

"I'm calling to answer your question last night. The answer is NO." Mrs Moon stated firmly. "My husband has no violent tendencies towards me. I already told you I am trapped in this loveless arranged marriage which Yubin and you understood fully well and agreed to do this job."

"Mrs Moon, I hope you are telling me the truth because I will pull Yubin out of this job immediately if there is any harm that can happen to her." Zino stated his stand firmly as well. When Yubin took up this job, she suspected Mrs Moon might be a victim of domestic violence and Zino really hoped Yubin was wrong but now that it might be true judging by Moon Junwon's confession, he felt the need to find the truth from Mrs Moon herself. She might have denied it but he wondered if she was keeping the truth from him so Yubin could continue this job.

Mrs Moon paused for a while before reassurin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter