The Patient

TOXIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junwon paced nervously outside the office. He moved forward to place his hand on the door knob but retracted his hand and walked away from the door. Then he stopped and repeated that same action again. What was he embarrassed about? There was nothing wrong seeing a shrink! He told himself. Even though he never believed in seeking psychiatric help at all. However, this shrink might be different. He met her when she was her casual self and he felt quite comfortable talking to her for the first time. He was even surprised at himself for actually declaring he might need help. Maybe he could really relate to her his problems and maybe she could really help him.

 After moving to the door for the third time, he finally turned the knob. He was greeted by a lanky bespectacled girl who bowed politely at him.

“Welcome, you must be Mr Moon Junwon.” She smiled widely.

Junwon nodded.

“My name is Lee Sunmi and I’m Dr Kim’s Personal Assistant.” She continued. “Before you proceed to see Dr Kim, you would need to fill in these forms first.”

“Oh ok.” Junwon accepted the 10-page set of forms and a pen from Sunmi.

He browsed the forms and sat down to fill it.

Meanwhile, Yubin was pacing in her office suite, trying to remember all the research she had been doing the last week. She had overheard Sunmi conversing with the target earlier and giving him the load of forms to fill. He should take at least 15 minutes to fill those. However, by the 10th minute, Yubin heard a light knock on her door and Sunmi walked in, closing the door behind her.

“Hmm, he’s fast.” Yubin noted as she took the file of filled forms from Sunmi.

“Yeah…Anyway I told him you will see him in 5 minutes. You know, so you can study his file first.” Sunmi said.

Yubin nodded and started to browse the file but before Sunmi could head back out, Yubin grabbed her wrist and said, “Wait. Just send him in now.”

“You don’t want to read the file first?” Sunmi asked.

Yubin shook her head. “He took less than 10 minutes to fill this stack of forms. I can tell you he did not fill in much. The guy’s a CEO. They don’t waste time in filling long-winded forms.” Yubin said as she flipped the pages. “And besides, I can’t read the scribbles on the forms! I’ll just let him talk. Better that way.”

“Ok, if you say so, Dr Kim.” Sunmi shrugged. She loved how Yubin was so naturally confident in her new role that Sunmi was almost convinced she was indeed working for a shrink. Yubin had her hair in a bun and wore a classy sleeveless cream top matched with a sleek knee-length skirt. She did not have to wear glasses like Sunmi to act and look the part well.

As Sunmi ushered Moon Junwon into Yubin’s office suite, Junwon took a second take at Yubin. Yubin did not look like the klutz she claimed to be when he fir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter