The Hike

TOXIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yubin was 10 minutes late for her 'hiking date' with her target. She got lost somehow trying to find the right entrance of the hill to meet Junwon. Thankfully, Junwon was full of smiles and forgiveness when she finally met him.

"It's ok to get confused and lost. This hill is not a popular hikers spot like others where there are many directional signs everywhere. I like this hill because it's peaceful and quiet." Junwon explained.

"So I guess you are familiar with this place then?" Yubin asked as they made their way up the hill.

"Yeah...but I haven't hiked here in several months. Don't worry, I still remember the trail very well." he then added. "This hike is a 3 hour hike. It'll take us 2hrs to reach the rest top and then an hour to get back down. I hope you are up for it."

"Of Course I am." Yubin expressed confidently. "I'm always up for such challenge."

Junwon laughed, happy that his hiking companion seemed like a fun, adventurous person as well. After 2 therapy sessions with Yubin, he had grown to like her and even trust her. He also realized he had been smiling more these days as noted by his secretary and he wondered if it had anything to do with Yubin. He knew for sure he felt much better after letting out his personal issues to her.

"Yubin-sshi, do let me know if you are tired and need to take a break, ok?"he added.

"You are under-estimating me again, Junwon-sshi?" Yubin asked cheekily.

"Haha. I  wouldn't dare.." he laughed again.

As the couple chatted and hiked, an hour had passed by so quickly. Yubin noted the sky turning dark as they took a short break to have their energy drinks.

"Do you think it's going to rain?" Yubin raised the question.

"I think so...It's too early to be dark so soon. I'm sorry I forgot to check the weather forecast for today. Do you want to go back down?" Junwon replied.

"No worries. We can still hike on to the top. Not like I cannot take the rain."

"Ok, if the rain gets too big, we can stay for a while at the rest house at the top and wait for the rain to die down before heading down."

"Sound good to me.."

As they continued their hike, Yubin found out more about Junwon's problematic marriage where he told her all sorts romantic efforts he did with his with his wife and still did not win his wife's love. He asked Yubin if he was doing the romantic wrong but Yubin disagreed because she would be swayed by his efforts(if he was telling the truth). Mrs Moon was probably a person with too much hate in her.

"Then you can't blame me for giving up on gaining her love anymore." Junwon admitted.

"Aren't you lonely all these years?" Yubin probed.

He shook his head. "I love my work. I guessed that's what keeps me occupied."

Yubin stopped in her tracks, tapped Junwon's arm and looked at him with curious eyes.

"Even when there's a beautiful woman attracted to you, you would resist her for work?"

 There had been beautiful women attracted to him and he did find them attractive too but many times, the attraction was gone instantly when he could not find time to go any further with them. He also remembered explaining to Yubin before he could not afford the time due to his work. Before he could answer Yubin, she seemed to have read his mind and added.

"What I'm saying is, it's not whether you can afford the time but whether you want to let the feelings of the heart out. When one is attracted to someone intensely, often time is never an issue. You like someone, you will be able to do anything to see that person as much. Even if you are busy, you would still call her or text her or.....even go on a hike with her right? So what's stopping you? Even if you are a married man by status, there's this thing called divorce which I'm sure your wife would be glad to have it."  Though Yubin knew the answer well enough...that it was because of the two families contract with each other, the couple could not divorce on any grounds unless he cheated with ual evidence. But Yubin needed to draw his feelings out as much as well.

However, a loud thunder sounded and rain started to pour, saving Junwon from replying Yubin as he quickly held her hand to lead her to move faster.

"The rest stop should be just 15 minutes away. Can you hold tight to my ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter