Treatment

TOXIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For 5 days, he was giving her the silent treatment. 5 days of not talking to her even when she made him his favorite pie to try to get him to interact with her. But it was useless as Zino seemed firm on the cold treatment and letting Yubin take charge of her current job fully. He would be out most nights till wee hours, and again smelling of alcohol and women when he got home. Yubin who sometimes happened to be awake when he came home late and drunk, would helped him change and tucked him into bed but received no thank you from him after that. She did not take that to heart at all. He probably could not remember. Also, after all, she understood how he was feeling. They just needed to kiss and make up one day. Wait, delete that “kiss” part. That was not to happen again. So Yubin tolerated the silent treatment, the slightly jealous feels when he came home masked in the scent of another woman but her tolerance level came to a halt one fine night……when he brought home a girl. He was drunk of course but everyone knew HOUSE RULE NO. 1 was - NO ING ES(or any random strangers) IN THE HOUSE! Unless the person’s a potential new recruit.

Yubin was asleep in her room but could hear a stranger’s voice along with Zino’s drunk drooling voice in the middle of the night. Sunmi, who was sleeping next to Yubin also stirred hearing that unfamiliar voice. The girl was speaking half English and Korean and Zino was chuckling at her cute foreign sounding Korean.

“Did he in bring a home?” Yubin asked Sunmi.

“I think so…”Sunmi noted sleepily. “Maybe she’s a new recruit.”

“No in way! He’s drunk and most likely , Mi!” Yubin got up from bed and stood close to the door to listen in but the couple seemed to have headed into Zino’s room already.

“Unnie, go back to sleep. We have an early morning appointment with the target tomorrow. We’ll deal with oppa on this later.” Sunmi advised, waving Yubin back to bed.

“Right. I’m so gonna deal with him tomorrow!” Yubin said as she went back to bed.

The next morning as Yubin and Sunmi prepared to leave for “work”, Yubin kept watch on Zino’s closed door as she ate her breakfast and controlled the temptation to knock it. Sunmi hurried her after their quick breakfast and the girls left for the office.

Moon Junwon came on time for his 2nd appointment with Yubin. He looked happy to see Yubin and Yubin felt relieved to see a much more at ease person this time.

“How was your week so far, Junwon-shii.” Yubin asked as they sat down at their usual spots.

“It was ok. I have a boring lifestyle. It’s all work most times. But it was good productive work.” Junwon smiled.

Seriously, this gentle smiling man could actually to turn into a violent monster? Hmm... Yubin wondered.

“Let’s talk about the last time you ‘-out’” Yubin started her curious investigation.

“I think it was a month or a few weeks ago.” Junwon revealed. He lost that earlier smile and he looked serious in thought now. “I remember entertaining a client at a club and I only had slightly more than a glass. Anyway, if I could avoid alcohol, I avoid it at all costs but this client was important and very insistent that I drank some. I thought I would be fine because I had less than 2 glasses. I headed home, feeling still sober as I went to bed. However, the next day, I found myself in another room and not my room. I was very sure I slept on my own bed!”

“Ok… anything that looked damaged? That could have been caused by the supposed monster?”

“No..no furniture damage.." he shook his head and looked at his hands. "But, but....I may have hurt my...my...wife."

Junwon was looking at Yubin with a set of remorseful eyes as if waiting for her to judge him or shake her head at him but she was looking at him full of concern. Yubin needed him to elaborate further because Mrs Moon had denied she received any violent treatment from her husband. What was going on between this married couple?

"Did Mrs Moon suffer bruises that made you think that way?" Yubin probed.

"I didn't have to see bruises because I was not in my room but her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter