The Challenges

TOXIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunmi was a stealth specialist which meant she was a bad actress. But because she was out of commission from the con business for close to a year, she could not wait to start work again. Too bad it was not a heist mission or a mission which required her to steal. It was just a simple office girl job. Sunmi could do not simple or rather, unchallenging jobs. Since she was born somewhat eccentric and had some form of kleptomania when she was in her teens, she craved for adventure more than anything else.  She was discovered by Zino when she pick-pocketed him years ago and he could not resist but recruit her into his crew. And of course she could not resist the job offer as well. She met Yubin 2 years later when Zino recruited the older girl and Sunmi was thrilled to have some female companion in the crew. Funnily enough, the girls got along well because they were so different in character. Yubin the cool and Sunmi the weird. Sometimes their ideas conflicted.  Yet the girls did have one thing in common. Their professionalism to their jobs and their unwavering loyalty to the crew.

When Zino briefed Sunmi on her first comeback mission, she was appalled by the lack of challenge in the job. However, her boss managed to convince her it was a challenging $10million job for her since she had to act as normal as possible. Yes, that was tough because she would do better at being a mad woman than that. Sunmi had seen and experienced enough crazy in the mad hospital but to act like a normal Personal Assistant of a psychiatrist? Now, that was new to her.

Yubin was reading a book on her bed when Zino stepped into her room and then lay next to her in bed. It was habitual of Zino to do that but Yubin was slightly taken aback this time. She was probably taken aback by her own reaction to something that happened all so normally in their household. Was it because they were on a bed and that momentary memory of that kiss had flashed by? Yubin quickly composed herself.

"What's up?" She asked as Zino found the comfort of her pillow.

"I think Sunmi's rusty.. or I'm rusty." he revealed. "I can't train her as well as before anymore."

"Haha.." Yubin laughed. "I don't think she's rusty. She's just Sunmi. Remember how she failed badly at my own training for her to be a seductress? Oppa, she's a stealth specialist, nothing else."

"But she did so well playing crazy during her last job. I would think her acting skills have improved." Zino remembered.

"Crazy is inborn. Even I have an inner crazy and that is easy to act out."

"That I'm not surprised." Zino chuckled and added. "But I don't know if she will be able to do this job, Yub. Maybe she needs time to get back into the real world first."

But Yubin disagreed. "You know what. Crazy Sunmi is perfect for the job of a personal assistant of a psych doc. Trust me, she'll do fine. No need for training."

"And how soon do you think the target is going to make his move, Yub? It's been 3 days since you met him and he still ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter