Chapter 2

Identity Change

Jensen's P. O. V.

** ** **

What’s that? What are they talking about?

Am I walking? No, I’m pretty sure I’m still in a cringe position. I just woke up.

But why am I moving?

God! Someone is carrying me!

Why is it dark here?

I see a small spot of light from above. I reach for it quietly. I just remembered what happened.

I realize I’m in a bag that someone is carrying. I peek at the hole where the light is coming in.

The light stings my eyes, blinding my eyes because of the sudden brightness, although in reality, it was not that bright at all. It was more like nearing sunset already.

I look for people. I need to get help.

I look around.

Please. I’d be happy to see anyone. I need to see a ing person!

Then, at the right side of my limited view, I see a van stop in front of a building and I see a guy step out of the van.

If I shout now, will he hear me?

Think, Jensen, think!

Okay, here goes nothing…

I force my hand out the small hole. It turned out to be easy.

Well, I must say that this is a very big bag. I think two people is carrying me.

Oh, right. I’m escaping.

I force the bag open as I the zipper wide enough for me to pop my head out.

“HELP!” I shout at the guy who went out of the van.

He is looking around. I know he heard me.

Then, I see another guy step out of the van. And fortunately, his eyes landed on this direction; on where I am.

“Help me!” I shout as I wave my hand wildly.

A hand suddenly pushes my head back in the bag but he’s having a hard time since his other hand is carrying the bag that I’m in.

I know the guy I shouted out at sees me. His eyes turned wide the moment he saw what’s happening in this direction.

But unfortunately, he just stands there with his mouth open as he make an eye contact with me. Maybe what he is seeing is too surprising for him.

The guy who saw me looks familiar, by the way. I just can’t recognize him since I’m in a tight situation.

There’s no time for me to actually care who’s around me.

“Help me, please!” I shout at the top of my lungs when I sneak my head out again.

This time, the guy turns to the other guy who stepped out of the van first and points at this direction.

The moment both guys are already looking at me, I feel a sharp pain on my left side of my body that I had to cringe.

God! Somebody must have kicked me from outside.

A hand shoves my head back into the bag and it zips the bag completely closed.

This time, there’s no light. It’s completely dark.

I think back again. What did I do to deserve this kind of treatment? What? Why is this happening to me? Why?

I’m scared. I’m scared as . And I know my dad is worried about me right now.

My dad… My dad is okay with me arriving late at night as long as he can see me first thing in the morning because he understands what college is about.

Oh, god. I know he’s worried sick right now, now that his eldest child, his daughter, didn’t go home last night. I’m sure he called me a couple of times already---

My cellphone!

. Think, Jensen. Where did you put your phone before all this happened to you?

My pocket.

My hands go to my pocket and I feel my phone.

I sigh in relief when I felt it.

I check my phone to at least know the day.

It’s 5:23 p.m. November, 27, 2014. Thursday.

So I’m correct. The kidnapping incident just happened last night.

Of course I had to check. What if I slept for two days or more? I had to keep track on time.

I check my call log.

And I’m once again correct. I have 37 missed calls from my dad.

Oh, gods. Please… comfort my dad. He worries too much and he got himself a lot to worry about.

I’m the eldest among three siblings from an average family. My mom isn’t working and my dad does any kinds of work just to earn money for us. He’s the one providing my daily allowance, my siblings’ allowance, utility bills, food, and maintenance medicine of my mom. And now, he’s worried about me. I’m ing missing and they don’t have any idea that I’m kidnapped.

I know what’s running in their heads right now. They will think that I ran away with my stupid boyfriend. As if I would do that!

I will never, ever, leave my family for someone I’m not even sure of!

And don’t get it wrong. I do drink ‘till late at night but I’m a dean’s lister in school. When you see my grades, you’ll think that I’m a saint who doesn’t know how to have fun, or someone who doesn’t know how to do anything but study.

Ugh, stop all this blabbering. I need to leave my dad a message about what really happened to me.

My kidnappers are kinda stupid, aren’t they? And I’m glad that they are. They didn’t get my phone away. Didn’t the thought of me calling the police cross their stupid minds?

I opened my messages.

Whoa…

I got only one message from my dad. No accusations. Just…

Wherever you are, please be safe… God bless you…

My tears starts to form, but I hold them back. I’ve got to be strong and think of what I can do to escape.

But then I saw another message. Or should I say, messages; from my bastard boyfriend.

The first message was:

Are you home?

Oh, he actually cares? Insert sarcastic awe and laugh here.

Hey, are you home?

Why are you not replying?

Goddamn it, Jensen! We just had a fight, and now you won’t reply? Where the hell are you? I’m here at Justin’s already.

Yes, Justin is the one he’ll be staying at---or staying with right now.

So you really won’t text me? Fine with me! Consider this relationship done!

Now, anger grows within me. It hurts because I do love him. A lot. I mean, I won’t date him if I didn’t love him, will I? But we haven’t been stable these days.

We’ve been together for almost five months now. But I’m not stupid. My instincts tell me that he is cheating on me. My subconscious tells me that if he really does care about me, he won’t ever, never, leave me alone like that. And that happened a few times already.

I love him but I don’t want him to be the man I’ll consider as my partner in life. I have plans for the future but he’s just a ing happy-go-lucky who never worries about tomorrow and spends his money like there’s no end to it.

He was sweet at first. Again, I will never date him without seeing what he’s capable of doing. He was sweet, always spoils me and he really insists on saying sorry every time we have a fight but now, all of those are gone. It’s like after he kissed me and almost did it, he’s done.

Just accept the fact that he wanted to get your ity but you didn’t let him and now he doesn’t give a about you. He even started seeing other women, right? You can’t give what he wants so he searched for someone who’ll give him that. And now, he’s just finding a reason to end things with you.

Well, . My subconscious just said a homily.

It hurts, really, it does, but I’m kinda glad he ended this ty relationship already.

It’s not that I didn’t treasure our relationship. A lot just happened. He has positive traits and a great character but it’s just not working out. It’s true we have to know ourselves better.

I love him but I just can’t see myself walking to the altar with him.

I know it’s too early for me to think of things like this. But I’m a girl, too.

I’ll move on.

. I didn’t notice tears were already falling down from my eyes.

Okay, enough drama, Jensen. You have to send your dad a message for him to know that you’re alive and well, and you’re just ing kidnapped.

I start to type a message for my dad.

Dad, I’m kidnapped. I don’t know where I am but I’ll find out soon enough. They didn’t get my phone.

I press send and wait for it hopefully to be sent.

Then I see a symbol that I swear I don’t want to see ever again in times like this.

An exclamation point inside a ing triangle.

My message isn’t sent.

I’m pretty sure I still have credits so why won’t it send?!

I try to resend it but it still won’t.

Then I look at the coverage of my phone.

No bars with a red x.

I don’t have any cellular signal.

I’m sure I’m still in Manila since the place I saw outside has modern buildings. So why isn’t there any signal?

I panic when I begin to realize that the kidnappers didn’t get my cellphone in purpose so I can make a fool out of myself. They have signal jammers in this area and they just want to crush my hope of contacting anybody.

What the hell did I do for this to happen to me?!

I study hard and smart, help my family, do household chores, ace my tests… and I even play the piano at church!

Well, I do swear a lot but I’m a believer of God.

I can’t remember anything I did that can be punished like this. So, why…?

Suddenly, the noise of the chattering people from a while ago disappears. It’s awfully quiet and it feels like I’m in an elevator.

Is this how it ends? They’ll kill me in a basement? Because I’m pretty sure we’re going downwards.

The elevator stops and whoever is carrying me starts to walk again. After a few steps, they stop and drop me quickly.

They ing dropped me. Good thing I hit the floor with my left side, not my back side, or I might die for breaking my spinal column. But my left side of my body hurts like freaking hell right now---since the kick from outside---and I’m still dizzy.

I move my legs and I kick at something.

I try to feel it. It’s my bag… I think.

I flinch as I hear footsteps getting louder and closer.

Then it stops.

A deep voice says something in a commanding tone. I still can’t decipher what they are saying since I’m still groggy. My head still hurts and I feel like I’m going to throw up.

Then suddenly, the zipper of the bag I’m in opens in a hasty way and a man pulls my hair upward forcefully so now I am sitting up.

I see a man whose features are old, but he still looked familiar, and a woman in her early 30s beside him.

But behind the woman is another man who is pointing a freaking gun on the woman’s head.

And damn, she looks so scared.

The old man says something I can’t understand. I can’t hear it properly. I think I’ll only be able to understand ing English at the moment since my brain can’t function well.

“He said,” the woman suddenly speaks, her voice shaking. “Welcome to S.M. Entertainment, Jensen Tinker. I’m Kim Young-min, S.M. Ent.’s CEO. It’s nice to meet you.”

S.M. Ent.... Young-min…

ing Young-min, that bastard!? He is this man in front of me??!

No wonder he looks so familiar!

Wait… I’m in freaking South Korea?!

___

A/N:

Hi, guys! Yay! Another update! :D

Yes, the first setting was at Manila, Philippines!

Thanks for reading!

Don’t forget to vote, comment and share~ :3

xoxo