Chapter 12

Identity Change

Sehun’s P.O.V.

** ** **

I don’t understand what I’m feeling and why I’m feeling like this.

This is wrong. I shouldn’t be feeling something like this.

This is really wrong.

Or is it?

A while ago, maybe 20 minutes after Chanyeol-hyung’s last text message, it struck me.

Something just popped out in my mind, like a sudden conclusion.

And there, I don’t understand why I wished my hunch would be wrong.

I sent Jensen a text message.

Is Chanyeol-hyung there with you?

One minute. Five minutes. Ten minutes have passed. But Jensen didn’t reply yet.

I was getting frustrated. I browsed the web to search for something interesting so I would be distracted. I searched videos. I even searched where I could take her out sometimes. Or what girls like.

I actually got carried away searching for girl stuff.

At least it distracted me for a while.

But my frustration grew when I looked at my inbox.

Jensen has no reply yet.

I checked my Instagram account. I browsed a few pictures and one picture caught my attention.

At it filled my stomach with butterflies.

But these are not the little butterflies that make you giddy. These are monstrous moths that make you want to throw up.

Chanyeol-hyung and Jensen are together. Jensen is holding a guitar.

A light brown wood guitar with a simple design.

The guitar on Chanyeol-hyung’s post a while ago. The brand new guitar.

Now, Jensen is holding it.

The picture was a selca taken by Chanyeol-hyung. They look happy together.

Together.

Chanyeol-hyung bought that guitar for Jensen. He gave a gift for her.

Suho-hyung’s and Umin-hyung’s gift were alright. Why is Chanyeol-hyung’s gift giving me these kind of feelings?

__

Chanyeol’s P.O.V.

I didn’t expect anything of those to happen. I never imagined meeting her.

We just decided to see her since we’re concerned but we really thought that she’s the nerd type.

But we were wrong.

I was wrong.

Jensen is a petite girl, with the looks.

And talent.

I thanked God that she borrowed---even not directly---my guitar, for there, I discovered what her talents are.

She doesn’t look like she’s playing the guitar but the moment she played, it’s just…

Damn.

I can’t even describe it.

All I know is I’m amazed by what she showed.

She jammed right there at the hospital without even planning to stop. We just stopped when dinner arrived.

I asked for her number when Xiumin-hyung gave her a new phone. We’ve been texting each other since that day but we never saw each other because of our activities. The others finished their shoot already. Today was my schedule. EXO will have a comeback soon.

And I got dismissed early so I have enough time to do what I planned.

I went to my favorite music store where I buy my guitar collection. I’m going to buy a new one!

For Jensen.

I picked a simple design for her, just like her.

I was so proud and excited to give it to her that I even posted a picture of it on Instagram without a caption.

A little mystery would be good, yes?

I’m now on my way to where Jensen lives.

Sehun said that they’re home and Jensen’s home, too.

I planned on texting her but I want to surprise her.

She’s living at Suho-hyung’s spare apartment.

Room… 2711…

Ah, here it is~

I press the doorbell of the unit.

I hear a booming sound from her room. She’s really musically-inclined. The sound is muffled. The unit is soundproof, I think?

No one is answering. I thought Jensen is already home? She won’t probably leave her sound system in a maximum level, right?

I press the doorbell again.

Still no one.

I am about to press the doorbell again when the door opens.

Jensen opened it.

And we are mirroring each other’s expression. Our eyes are both wide open.

I said I’ll surprise her but it seems we’re both surprised of each other.

It took me five seconds before I turned around and faced my back to her.

Oh, the song she’s playing is… my part. Two Moons is now playing from Jensen’s unit.

I smile at the thought. She’s listening to our song.

But then again, I’m still surprised. I am nothing but flustered right now.

Jensen is wrapped by just a single towel and… wow.

Even in just a glimpse, I saw how she changed.

Oh, that’s right. She just had a makeover.

She’s beautiful.

But I’m still blushing.

Why the hell is she wearing a single towel around her?!

“How about you forget this happened, just come in, and I go back and finish what I’m doing?” I hear Jensen say.

“Okay, just… go back now,” I stammer.

I hear her giggle. “Alright~ Just close and lock the door when you come in.”

I clear my throat. “Okay.”

I hear her close a door from a distance. I assume that’s her bathroom door.

I turn around and sigh.

How could she just ask me to forget what I saw?!

I shake my head. I really should forget about it.

But then again, how?!

I slap myself and inhale a deep breath.

I turn around and come into her unit and close her door.

The song that’s now playing is…

I recognize the song.

Love The Way You Lie.

But another version. It’s… rock?

I recognize the song since I like Eminem.

Jensen customized her unit already. She used Suho-hyung’s sound system wisely. She adjusted the equalizer really well.

But the volume is on its maximum.

I turn it down a little.

Then I hear Jensen… singing?

She sings the chorus part as the song goes on. She sings with the music.

Just gonna stand there and hear me cry, but that’s alright because I love you way you lie, I love the way you lie…

Wow.

I didn’t know Jensen could sing, too!

No. She doesn’t just know how to, she has an amazing voice.

I notice a keyboard near the sound system. Did Suho-hyung own one?

I hear a door open and out of reflex, I look at where the sound came from.

“Did you wait long?” Jensen says while combing her hair.

She looks neat compared to what we saw from the hospital. It’s not that she looks dirty that time but she had some bruises on her body the last time I saw her.

Plus, the makeover did a pretty good job.

She was already pretty when she was still at the hospital. But now that I see her out of the hospital clothes, I can see her… body.

I know I sound like a byuntae now but can you blame me? I’m a guy, too.

Damn. I remember when she was still wrapped in a single towel a while ago! And it’s not helping!

The hospital clothes were baggy. Now, she’s wearing proper clothes.

She wears a T-shirt but it’s body fit so you can see it hugging her curves. And she’s wearing short shorts. They’re not that short but she has really long legs.

I wonder how soft her skin is.

Snap out of it!

What am I saying?

The point is, she looks great. Her hair is short now and it’s blonde. Her face is fairer, her eyebrows are fixed and trimmed just right. You can’t even recognize her at first look.

But when you look right into her eyes, you’d recognize her as Jensen.

It’s just right that it’s called makeover because she didn’t undergo any surgery. All are natural. She didn’t even have an eyelash extension.

Her lashes right now are the long lashes that I saw when we jammed at the hospital.

“Chanyeol-oppa…?”

I blink my eyes a few times before I come back to where I really am right now.

“I’m sorry,” I smile. “And no, I’m fine waiting.”

Jensen flashes out a gentle smile. “What brings you here, oppa? And have you eaten dinner already?”

I grin like an idiot and I feel really excited. “Not yet.”

I hold up the pizza boxes that I brought. “But I brought these!”

I see her eyes turn wide and she beams. “Pizza!”

What a child.

I chuckle. I open the boxes. “I picked your favorite. Bacon Hawaiian and Pepperoni~”

She beams wider, unable to say anything.

“I know you already had dinner with Suho-hyung and Sehun, but I hope you’ll have dinner with me,” I say.

Jensen shakes her head. “I always have room for pizza in here~”

She points at her stomach.

“Aren’t you worried about your…” I say these words and now I regret saying it.

Sometimes I want to punch myself for saying things without really thinking about it first.

“About my…?” Jensen tilts her head in confusion.

Ugh. Park Chanyeol, you’re screwed.

You’re one screwed byuntae.

I look away, keeping my blood from getting up my cheeks. “Your… f---figure…”

Goodbye, friendship.

Then I hear Jensen laugh. A loud one. Yes, it’s pretty loud. “No!”

I look at her and she’s laughing her heart out.

She isn’t mad. She’s not even offended.

“No?” I ask in confusion.

Jensen shakes her head. “I don’t even get fat. My body stays this way even I eat a lot. My aunt tells me it’s a gift so I eat until I can. I enjoy eating food. I love food~”

I find myself amused.

Jensen isn’t fake or a wanna-be or whatever you call it. Other girls fake their appetite. And they giggle in a flirtatious way.

But Jensen laughs like a guy.

“But you should still eat right,” I tell her. “Have a healthy lifestyle, still.”

She nods.

“Let’s eat~” I say.

And we start to dig in.

While eating, we talk about stuff about us, continue knowing each other more.

“Chanyeol-oppa,” she suddenly says.

“Hmmm?” I hum.

“You didn’t answer my question a while ago~”

“What question?”

“What brings you here?”

Ah! I almost forgot!

I stand up and get the guitar, go in front of her and hand it to her.

“This. This is for you,” I say.

But Jensen just stares at me, her eyes wide.

I chuckle. I open the bag in front of her to reveal the guitar that I bought for her. I place it on my side, holding it with just my right hand.

“I bought this for you,” I tell her.

“For me?” she finally says but her expression is still the same and she hasn’t moved an inch.

I nod. “Yes. I know your favorite color is black and red, but you said your first acoustic guitar is black so I picked out a simple color for y---”

Jensen is suddenly close to me.

When I say close, like really close. I can feel her… on my chest…

Really, Park Chanyeol?! This isn’t the right time for that!! Stupid hormones!

Jensen is hugging me. Her hands are tangled together behind my neck.

This would’ve been romantic if only she wasn’t jumping like a kid!

“THANK YOU, CHANYEOL-OPPA!!!” she shouts.

She doesn’t squeal. She shouts.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!” she goes on.

I hug her back though I’m still holding the guitar. She’s really petite, but damn her curves!

And she stops from jumping.

Jensen breaks the hug.

And I hope my eyes aren’t playing with me.

Because I see her blushing at the moment.

She steps back a foot away.

I hand her the guitar I bought for her. “You’re welcome.”

She smiles, with a tint of pink still on her cheeks. She gets the guitar from my grip.

I take out my phone. “Selca?”

Jensen nods.

We sit beside each other at her couch. I set my front camera and aim it at us.

She hugs the guitar and smile at the camera.

I smile, too, and capture the moment.

I immediately upload it on Instagram. I search her username.

nerie__1128

I was there when she made her new Instagram account. I told her to put two underscores like I did.

I’m surprised she really did put two underscores. And her Twitter username is the same, too.

But I wonder…

“Why Nerie?” I ask her.

I see her shocked expression, but it immediately softens. “Reine.”

“Reine?” I raise my brow.

Jensen nods. “Reine. My second name. I formed another name using the letters present in Reine because Jensen is hard. Besides, Nerie sounds good anyway.”

Wow… She thought of it very well.

“And that’s the only information that you gave out in public?” I ask. “Nerie?”

She nods.

I give out a soft smile. I feel bad. She must have felt so exposed because Mr. Kim traced her very well.

I hope I could be of help for her in the future.

I will certainly help her.

“What do you plan to do, Jensen?” I had to ask her.

I had to. So I would know how to help her.

She bites big from her pizza then looks at me with a raised brow? “Plan?”

“Yes,” I nod. “You’ll stay here in South Korea, right? But what do you plan to do here?”

Jensen stops chewing her food for a while but resumes eating until she finishes that slice of pizza. She remains quiet.

I wait for her answer.

Then she sighs. “Honestly, I don’t know.”

I had to suppress a laugh. But I think I let out a little.

She pouts.

For a second there, my heart thumped a little louder than usual.

I stare at her.

We lock eye contact but she is the first to look away.

“Don’t get me wrong,” she mumbles. “It’s not that I never thought about it. I am actually thinking about it a lot. I can’t always be dependent on Suho-oppa, right? Besides, I don’t want to be a burden anymore.”

“But you’re not,” I immediately respond. I had to. “Suho-hyung never thought of it that way. He never felt it that way.”

Jensen, you will never be a burden to us.

To me.

Hold that. What did I just say? Or thought?

I find Jensen looking at me. Confusion is evident on her features.

I smile. “You’re not a burden to Suho-hyung.”

She gives out a faint smile.

“But still,” she sighs. “I can’t be dependent on Suho-oppa for eternity.”

Jensen mockingly laughs.

I chuckle. “Then?”

“Then?” she raises her brow in confusion.

“You said that you’re thinking about it a lot. So what did you think about?”

Again, she bites another slice of pizza.

“I want to work,” Jensen says while is full.

This is a major turn off, like, seriously. This girl has to learn table manners!

But I find this adorable.

She said is as, “I wan chu wok.”

I hold back a laugh. I don’t want to ruin her moment. She might stop opening up to me.

“Work?” I say as my response.

I also eat a slice of pizza.

Jensen nods. “I want to work and earn for myself.

“Any work will do since I have no choice but to start from below. But if there will be a work for me in line with the course that I’m currently taking, that’s better.”

She must miss school.

“What course are you taking?” I ask.

“B.S. Multimedia Arts and Sciences.”

“Multimedia… Arts?”

Jensen nods. “Arts. And Sciences. Everything that is around you is related to Multimedia.

“This,” she points at the pizza box. “This pizza, its logo, is related. That logo isn’t just made for this pizza brand to have a logo, but that is thoroughly studied. The shapes, font, colors used has a basis.”

Okay, I’m speechless. I let her continue.

“Your logo, is a hexagon. Even if there are some variations, it remains a hexagon. It has 6 sides.”

My logo? Six sides?

Ahh… she must be taking about EXO’s logo.

“Your music video is also in our field,” she continues. “We study what angles to use, what shots, if a close-up or a wide shot is needed. We know how to use some of the software used for editing.

“Music production is also included. Again, we study software used for recording and editing audio.

“Being a photographer is also under it. I’m actually done with my Photography class last semester. There, we studied proper shots, zooms and lighting.

“Then it follows. For posters, advertisements… name it! We edit them---”

“Hold it, hold it!” I say. “Information overload!”

She laughs, oh, so sweetly.

“So you mean to say that you know a lot of software,” I ask.

She nods. “We studied almost all the Adobe software, not only the ones from the Master’s Collection, but even the others not included there.”

I nod, following what she’s saying. “So other than that, what else can you do?”

“Hmmm…” she thinks. “We studied how to write a script. And we make storyboards---”

“Storyboards, as in drawings?” I cut her off again.

“Yes,” she beams. “It’s my forte actually.”

Whoa. Just whoa.

“You can draw???” I ask in awe.

Jensen nods, but not proudly. She nodded shyly.

“What kind of drawings?”

She beams. “Mostly anime. But I can do portraits. I like portraits. I’m not really into environments. It’s always anime, realistic portraits or a semi-realistic drawing~”

“Through pencils?”

She tilts her head. “What do you mean through pencils?”

“I mean,” I chuckle. “If you draw using pencils. Colored pencils and such~”

“Ahh~ Yes, I do. I sketch on paper first but draw and render it digitally. I leave portraits in pencil, though.”

“Digitally?” I ask.

Jensen nods. “I draw it on a computer using a pen and graphic tablet.”

“Whoa! That’s so cool! So that’s why you’re into animes, huh?”

She beams. I really love that smile.

“Yes!” she answers loudly.

I laugh at the way she answered. “Do you animate as well?”

Jensen nods vigorously. “Yep! Both 2D and 3D Animation~”

“3D?” my eyes turn wide. “3D? Like Frozen 3D?”

I really like that movie! And the other EXO members, too!

“Yes~” she giggles. “And computer graphics and special effects in movies, too. They’re made in 3D softwares~”

That left my mouth hanging open.

Wow. Just wow.

This girl… ugh.

Jensen not only has the beauty (she’s really beautiful), the body (call me a ert, I don’t care. I’m just telling the truth!), but she also has the brains!

I never thought a person like her exists! She really has a lot of talents!

“So other than that, would you tell me something that you can do that you haven’t told me yet?” I ask.

I have to ask because I will confirm something.

“I think I told you a lot already,” she answers shyly. “I don’t want you to think that I’m too proud of myself.”

I shake my head. “No. Never. You are just sharing what you know.”

She smiles faintly but still doesn’t speak.

“Hmmm,” I think. “Ah!”

Jensen looks at me in surprise and confusion.

“I heard you singing a wh---”

“You did?!” Jensen violently reacted. She just cut me off.

“Yes!” I grin. “And your voice is really nice!”

She blushed.

Oh, gods. She freaking blushed.

“Arts aside,” I start. “Do you have any more talents besides playing the guitar and singing?”

Jensen looks away. She’s giving out this really goofy smile.

I noticed that she always does that every time she’s shy and nervous.

What a derp!

“I…” she mumbles. “I play the piano. I read notes. I also play the ukulele. Also, the bass and drums. But I just know the basics of the bass and drums. My knowledge with the guitar, piano and ukulele is far from my knowledge about the two.”

“So your knowledge about guitar, piano and ukulele is more advanced than your knowledge about playing the bass and drums?” I clarify.

Jensen nods while still doing her goofy smile.

“And you sing?” I ask again.

She nods again.  “But I don’t dance. Like hell no. I really won’t! Make me sing in front of many people---no matter how many---just don’t make me dance.”

I laugh really loud. “I’m the same as you! I just learned how to dance when I was a trainee here. But up until now, I’m not confident with my dancing skills~”

Jensen giggles.

I confirmed it. I am having a crush on Jensen. I mean, who won’t have a crush on someone like her? She is like an all-in-one package!

“You’ve said a lot of things that you can do that it’s really hard to believe if you can really do it or not,” I .

I believe her. But I also want to see if she really can do that stuff.

“They’re a lot,” she answers, showing her genuine smile. “So it’ll take time for you to see all those~”

“I don’t mind,” I say. “I can wait. As long as you’ll show me those beautiful talents of yours~”

She beams.

I love how her smile comes out from her naturally.

Jensen really smiles a lot. I haven’t seen her frowning yet. By frown, I mean, I haven’t seen her really down yet.

And when she smiles, it makes you want to smile, too.

She’s like a female version of me.

A Happy Virus~

“Since you can do a lot,” I say. “You won’t have a hard time finding a job in line with what you studied.”

She sighs. “I hope so…”

I pat her head. “You can do it! Hwaiting!”

Jensen grins.

There it is again. I find myself grinning, too.

“Should we take a selca one more time?” she suggests?

I nod. “We should.”

She stands up and gets her phone.

She’s about to sit beside me but she stops.

“Eh?” she says while standing in front of me.

“What’s the matter?” I ask her.

“Nothing,” she says, but her eyes are still focused on her phone. “It’s just Sehun-oppa.”

Sehun?

“Why?” I immediately ask. “Did he text you?”

Jensen nods. “He texted me more than an hour ago. I just felt bad I wasn’t able to reply to him.”

She felt bad.

Of course, she will. Sehun’s her bias, right?

DUG. DUG.

My heart thumped louder. The feeling is heavy.

“What did he say?” I continue to ask.

Jensen holds out her phone in front of me. She’s showing me Sehun’s text message.

Is Chanyeol-hyung there with you?

Is it just me or someone is also having a crush on Jensen besides me?

__

A/N:

Whew! This is really a LONG chapter!

You might be thinking that Jensen is a very proud and boastful girl, know-it-all type of person, etc. Name it.

Don’t forget that you’re Jensen in the story. ;)

A don’t worry. Her character? A person like that really exists. Very talented and knowledgeable? A person of that kind exists.

I personally know one person like that and I know her too well.

So yeah~ Tell me what you think about this chapter. :)

I apologize for the long wait, too. I’m working right now. I’ll update as soon as I can. :D

Vote. Comment. Follow. Subscribe~

xoxo

Please read my other stories!

Everything Happens for a Reason – Chanyeol x Reader (EXO)

One Night Love?! ­– Luhan x Reader (EXO)

101 – Kai x Reader (EXO)