Chapter 7

Identity Change

Jensen’s P.O.V.

** ** **

That is one hell of a moment. I thought it’s just an exaggeration in dramas or books or movies that people could die because of one’s wickedness.

But look, I’m a victim of one of those.

It can happen.

In reality, anything can happen.

I’ve lived two decades in this world.

Quite short, right?

All I wanted was to finish a degree that can help me get a great job so I could help my family.

And I just wanted someone who’ll love me for who I am.

And I’ll admit; ever since I’ve been a BANA, I’ve always wanted to jam with Jinyoung.

Jung Jin Young. B1A4’s talented leader.

But my bias is Gongchan! Gong Chan Shik~ Because he’s so pretty and I always thought of what could happen between the two us. It’s every fangirl’s dream or daydream. 

And one more thing, he’s close to my age. And I think he’s really hot.

I really get random everytime I think about Gongchan~ Channie!!!

But here’s something about myself. I feel like telling a story.

I fell in love with the guitar on my 5th grade even I learned playing the piano first. And I fell in love with the rest of the band instruments: bass and drums; so I worked hard to learn them.

And I learned ukulele, too.

And another bonus is, well, I could sing, too. I guess I really have to thank God for all these talents. They’re all for music.

I love music, and one of my biggest dreams is make use of these talents of mine to make an influence. I can even know the chords of a song by ear. That’s how much I love music.

But I can’t do that now.

Two decades? It may be long enough for those who are less fortunate. But it’s just a short time to study music.

People usually think that music is an easy subject because you will just play or sing.

But no.

It’s much more than that.

You have to do it with all your heart or your music won’t mean at all.

That’s why I’m not into those mainstream songs included in the Billboard.

Most of the famous singers today have their song ready for them to sing. They have composers and songwriters.

They did not compose those songs. They just know how to perform very well.

And I hate how everybody is so in love with the concept of  in every song.

It’s just ugh.

I’m more into bands that really compose their own songs. Maybe not all, but they still compose for themselves. AND their songs have meanings, not just about . I love bands like Paramore, Secondhand Serenade, Sleeping with Sirens, and A Rocket to the Moon. Those kind! I also listen to Japanese songs since I watch a lot of animes, be it J-Pop or J-Rock.

Well, let me get this straight. At first, I’m not into K-Pop before. I’ve always thought that they’re gays (no offense) because they ing dance. But when I found out that they compose, they train for almost 10 years to sing, dance, and act, and they really offer time for their dream… It’s just wow.

That’s music. You learn to appreciate everything about how it’s done.

And B1A4…

Not all their songs were composed by them, either, but MOST of their songs are really composed by them. Each member throws ideas to write a song.

My bias is Gongchan. I want to sing with him. I love ballads, too, like he does. I’m more into singing, too, even I know how to play a couple of instruments.

But one more member I want to meet is Jinyoung. Why?

Their Solo Day album was composed by him, together with Baro and CNU.

And he plays guitar, too.

Like me.

I know he has his moments with his guitar, too.

Like I have.

And that is why I want to meet him and jam with him. And maybe sing with Gongchan because it’s him who I really like~

But it’s impossible.

One, is because I’m just an average person and they’re idols. If you look at it anywhere, it’s really impossible. They’re so out of my ing league.

Bonus for that part? I’m not even Korean. Even I knew how to speak, read, and write Korean, I’m still not one. And there are many girl idols out there that can do what I can, too. I am so not their type.

And two, because I’m going to die.

I remembered it just now. Ha. Too much for story-telling.

I was shot with a bullet that wasn’t even for me. I just saved Suho because he was the one aimed at.

How heroic of me. Ha ha ha.

But I was serious when I told Suho that I don’t have any reason to live anyway.

We’re bankrupt and my boyfriend---oh, ex---had dumped me. My family is not really in a steady state since my mom and my little sis always quarrel the hell out.

I’m pressured with my dad’s expectations and stressed with all the shouting.

And my blood boils every time this baby sis of mine talks back to me as if she’s the one older.

She does the same to my mom.

And my heart cringes when I see my li’l bro’s, our youngest, situation.

He’s scared of my dad because of his expectations, too. He’s frightened every time my mom and li’l sis exchange words.

And I’ll just cry there while hugging him and cover his ears.

My life is useless now.

I guess being dead is for the better, too.

I might as well give it up. There’s no hope.

I’m not sure if I’ll go to heaven but there’s a bigger chance. Hahaha~

Ha...

I sigh.

Goodbye.

__

Sehun’s P.O.V.

** ** **

The steady beeping of the machine startled me.

It’s getting longer and it’s irritating me.

I can’t move my body.

I just stare at the straight line at the monitor.

This is not happening.

Things around me got slower. It feels like everything is just falling apart.

I see Suho-hyung panicking. He’s calling the doctors. He’s shouting and his voice is already cracking.

Umin-hyung and Luhan-hyung are here, too. They called us a while ago because they knew we were coming and they said we’re taking our time too long.

Suho-hyung apologized. He admitted he forgot… because he went to the hospital. He told them where we were.

Umin-hyung and Luhan-hyung arrived in a couple of minutes when Suho-hyung told them where we are.

And Suho-hyung explained what was going on right away.

Umin-hyung and Luhan-hyung were both surprised when they knew.

They didn’t expect that Mr. Kim was capable of doing that.

“Well, he did,” I said coldly.

We haven’t told the others yet. We’ve been here for 2 hours since we came here in the hospital. We rode the ambulance that arrived at the crime scene just a few minutes after the girl was shot.

Young-min shot her. Just after he pulled the trigger, he was shot, too. One is at his leg shot by the guard who was with us and two, by the police.

But the police just use stun guns. The gunshot sounds just like the regular guns but their bullets don’t kill. It just makes the body paralyzed in an hour.

This is for the police to interrogate them still. And judge them according to what they saw at the crime scene and what the suspect will say.

Young-min was arrested.

The company knew but they requested the police not to expose this yet until the investigation is over. So the police didn’t let the media know. They didn’t spill a word.

The doctor arrives with the nurses.

They’re reviving the girl.

I’m out of energy. I can’t move.

And I think I don’t want to move.

This girl… I should’ve been the one who saved her! We were there… to save her…

It’s no accident that I saw her there in the bag…

Nothing is an accident.

We followed the men because we wanted to save her.

But she saved us.

She saved me from the bat swing. And she saved Suho-hyung from being shot.

She saved us!

She deserves to live.

God, how long should I address her as “she”?!

She saved us but I don’t even know her name yet! We don’t know her name…

We don’t know anything about her.

I think I’m about to cry…

Ha! How manly!

Suho-hyung has his face buried in his hands. Luhan-hyung has his arms crossed and he taps his foot impatiently. Umin-hyung is biting his lips.

And I just stare at the girl who is being revived using the machines.

Okay. Now I’m crying.

Why the hell would I cry for someone I don’t even know? This is not me.

That must have hurt. I see these in dramas; doctors electrify patients to revive them.

And I didn’t expect to see one in real life.

The girl’s body is so petite and she has been electrocuted for a couple of times already.

I don’t think her body can contain more but the line on the monitor is still steady.

The doctor does another.

But nothing happens.

Sudden realization comes…

“Time of death,” I hear the doctor say.

No! I can’t accept this!

I ball my hands close. I stare at the monitor with the straight neon green light.

And I see a triangle form.

I stop breathing and just stare at it.

There’s a small crooked waved again.

“She’s alive,” I stand up hurriedly. And I didn’t know I said that out loud.

Suho-hyung stares at the monitor, too.

The line is just straight again.

Oh, no…

A bigger crooked wave appears and now I hear the machine beep.

I hear gasps.

The doctor orders them to do the same procedure.

I stare at the monitor again. It’s now forming more crooked waves!

And before I knew it, the machine’s beeping went steady as if it’s a normal pulse rate.

The doctor sighs loudly. “I can’t say she’s stable now, but right now, she’s alive. We need to check her vitals from time to time from now on.”

I breathe out.

I’ve been holding that breath for too long, I realize.

Thank God. At least she’s alive!

I don’t notice I’m really crying until I see Suho-hyung wipe his tears.

I wipe mine away, too.

I go beside her, kneel down and hold her hand.

“Don’t just give up,” I whisper to her ear. “Don’t ever scare us like that again.”

I sigh and sniff.

“I need you to keep fighting. I need to know you. It’s not true you don’t have any reason to live. You saved us, so you deserve another life; another chance.

“So keep fighting. You’ll have to do more things! It’s too early to leave…

“I’ll help you look for your reason to live.

“I’ll be waiting for you to wake up.”

__

A/N:

Omo! Omo!!! I had a hard time writing this but it’s worth it! The feels! >///<

Sehun’s lines… HAHAHAHA!!

Thank you so much for reading! Please continue reading and supporting this story! :>

Don’t forget to vote, share, comment and follow! <3

 

xoxo