Chapter 14

Identity Change

Jensen’s P.O.V.

** ** **

“It’s for you. Take it. But open it when you're inside,” Sehun said.

I remembered him said that. And when I went inside my apartment, I went straight to the kitchen to get a warm drink. It's cold since it’s December. For the first time in my life, I'm going to experience winter. I can feel it coming.

My change of identity is really like the winter. After all dries up and freeze, all these coldness will bloom and once again, it's spring. A new star will arise.

Hahaha! Star, my .

Anyway, I went straight to my room after preparing myself warm milk and sat at the edge of the bed.

I was about to check my phone first but then I saw the paper bag that Sehun gave. I told him thanks in advanced for this gift but I don’t even know what it is.

And when I opened it, I wouldn't be exaggerating if I told you that I nearly dropped my milk on my sheets.

It was the headphones that I was trying a while ago!

Damn that Sehun! That was why he was in a hurry to go home after he gave me this and asked me to open inside!

But then I caught myself smiling widely. I am really touched by this. Really.

Afterwards, I made a selfie of myself, sideview, enough to see the headphones that he gave and uploaded it on Instagram.

Thank you for this wonderful gift! You know who you are! Thanks for the time a while ago, too~ (◠‿◠)

That was the caption I made.

Oh, yeah. I used my Nerie account for this, too. I don't use my original accounts. It's tempting, but I decided to quit opening it from time to time. It can make me surrender this fight easily. And I don't want that.

Before I made my other account, I opened my original ones and it made me want to throw up.

People really miss you only when you're gone.

Apparently, my dad heeded my advice and didn't tell anyone that I'm fine. I'm a missing person in the Philippines and that they are still currently investigating it.

I saw messages asking where I am and hoping that I'm fine. Of course, the others were touching but the ones coming from my fake friends were making me cringe.

The most insulting was a condolence remark. My family was offended, stating that they haven't found my body yet and they will believe that I'm alive until they see my body in cold in front of them.

But for me, it was better that way. It's better if they believe that I am dead and only Nerie is alive.

Again, that was the reason why I stopped opening my old accounts anymore. I need to act more as Nerie to convince them that she's real, and ready to make a comeback.

Or so I thought.

I laughed at myself for even thinking aggressively. I don’t even have a job here in South Korea, how will I survive? Like I told Chanyeol the other night, I can't rely on Suho forever.

The beep of my phone broke my train of thoughts.

It was a notification.

Well, I noticed that it was been beeping since I uploaded it.

Chanyeol and Sehun uploading pictures of us at Instagram made me gain a lot of followers. Not really a lot compared to how many they have, but a lot for someone who just showed up out of the blue like me. I'm sure most of them are haters or stalkers but who cares? They don't know anything about me.

I read a few comments and one of them is from Chanyeol.

real__pcy A gift? From who? :)

I replied to him.

nerie__1128 @real__pcy PM ;)

And right after that, I sent him a text message.

It's from Sehun-oppa. :)

I can't hoard multiple haters, right? It's beyond my control if the artists will upload a picture, even if that includes me, and I won't tell them to stop since it's their decision and their account, but since I'm the one uploading this, I have control of the content about my post.

Then a few moments later, Chanyeol replied, with a rather bland message.

Oh, okay.

I wonder what's wrong. If someone messages me or chats with me and there are no emoticons, I feel like they're serious or mad. That's how I've been throughout the evolution of computers in my life, so that's why I thought Chanyeol was mad or annoyed at something. But I didn't want to pry.

I just decided to shrug it off and didn't reply.

** ** **

I didn't expect doing nothing isn't really easy to do.

I was used to going to school and doing some chores, homeworks and plates… I was busy all the time.

But today, I have nothing to do. I don't have work yet.

So are you wondering what I'm doing with my life right now?

Oh, you might not wonder, but I am wondering myself. I told Suho I want a change of identity but I didn't really have a plan.

I told him about this and he just shrugged it off. He told me that it was normal and it'll really take months before I could come up with an actual plan. He told me to take it easy.

So what I'm doing right now is actually… going out with EXO. Is “going out” really the right term to use?

I guess not.

Even when they're working, I'm with them. I'm not working at the production, though. I'm more like their guardian or something.

A personal assistant?

Yeah, right.

It's not like that either. Just… whenever they are, I'm there with them. It's Suho who always brings me along. I don't know what he tells their managers and producers but they don't mind that I'm there.

It's been like this for two weeks straight now.

They aren't busy as before because of the change of system. They have an ample time of rest and they have normal work hours compared before that they have a lot of overtime hours.

And along those days, I have to say, that I became close with all of EXO, especially Chanyeol.

Maybe it's because we jam most of the time? Hah, I don't know.

We were just eating at my place one time, maybe just the day before yesterday…

“What's making you sigh so heavily, Jensen?” Chanyeol asked.

I continued to eat the chicken he brought. Yeah, chicken and beer.

We were watching a movie.

I sighed again. “It's because I don't know what to do at the moment. I… told Suho-oppa I want to change my identity. I did, but I didn't have a solid plan.”

He chuckled.

“What?” I gave him a glare. “Is that something to laugh about?”

“No,” he shook his head while smiling. “I just can't believe that we're talking like this, normally, over chicken and beer.”

I laughed. “Well, I'm with you guys wherever you go and you're the one I talk to the most. It's like… I can open up to you easily because of that.”

Then he came closer to me. “Doesn't that make us best friends?!”

And he said that like a little child.

“Hmmm…” I thought. “Well, come to think of it, I don't really have any friends here when I came to South Korea. Sehun-oppa and Suho-oppa are the ones I first met who became nice with me. And since then, you're the closest with me, so I guess that makes us---”

“Best friends!?” he cut me off.

I chuckled. “Yes.”

“Okay, we're best friends and that's final!” he said. “No backing off!”

“Yes, yes,” I laughed at him. He's being a kid.

“I can brag about it now,” he appended. “That I'm the closest to you, because we're best friends!”

I laughed quite louder now. “Is that even something to brag about, Chanyeol?”

“Ha!” he pointed at me. “No honorifics!”

“We're best friends, do we need that?” I .

He went into thinking mode, as if taking note of what I said, then he turned to me. “You still need to use it when someone is with us. But when we're alone together you can drop it.”

I punched him lightly. “I know that! I was just teasing you~”

And that became our conversation and it turned out we're really best friends. The next day after that, basically yesterday, he texted me first day in the morning:

We are best friends, right? ;)

I laughed out loud while I read that message. I just replied with a “Yes” to make him satisfied.

Right now, they're currently at a studio they are actually on stage, having a performance. And I'm waiting for them here backstage.

I'm watching them here live on a TV. I didn't expect they have a flat screen TV here backstage where you can watch the ones on stage live.

And after their performance, I saw them returning backstage and they're full of sweat.

I went to Suho first and gave him a towel and water.

He smiled at me so sweetly and patted my head. “Thank you, Jensen.”

I grinned back at him.

Then Chanyeol came after Suho and I gave him towels and water, too. “How was it?”

“It's tiring but fun, as usual,” he replied.

I leaned closer to him to whisper something. “You did great~”

Then I made our distance bigger again and there he was smiling like an idiot again.

I need to keep myself from laughing.

Then just in a split second, I felt myself freeze.

I froze in place and I don’t even know what I look like and I don't know what my facial expression is.

It's like in the animes that I watched wherein everything became slow and sparkly everywhere. Everything becomes blurry except the one that you're staring at.

I'm currently looking at Tao…

…who was talking to Gongchan right now.

Just right here at the backstage where I am.

Oh gods, I'm standing on the ing same floor as him.

My ultimate bias, Gong Chan Shik is standing right in front of me.

__

A/N:

Hello there, guys! Oh my god, I'm so sorry this took so long! It's been years, I guess?

Gods, Tao isn't even at EXO anymore. :( When I made this, he was still there.

But oh well, OT12 forever! And I'm not afraid to admit that!

Anyway, I lost my outline of this story that's why it took me so long to upload again. But hey, the important thing is to finish the story, right?

Along with the others, I will finish all these before I could make a new one. :)

So please stay with me!

My other stories:

Everything Happens for a Reason – Chanyeol x Reader (EXO / R18)

101 – Kai x Reader (EXO / R18)

One Night Love?! – Luhan x Reader (EXO / R18)

Promise – Kai x Reader (EXO / One-shot / Completed)

 

Oblivion – Chanyeol x Reader (EXO)