Chapter 9

Identity Change

Sehun’s P.O.V.

** ** **

“I want to change my identity,” Jensen says.

This girl is full of surprises.

I look at my hyungs. They’re all dumbfounded.

“Very well,” Suho-hyung says.

Suho-hyung agrees?!

Jensen’s face lights up.

“But,” Suho-hyung immediately appends.

“But?” Jensen questions and frowns.

“You need to state a reason why you want that,” Suho-hyung replies. “I can give you that. But I need to know why.”

Jensen sighs.

“I’m fed up with this ty life,” she says. Her once wonderful hazel eyes are now ice cold.

“Pressure, heartbreak,” she continues.

Heartbreak. A heartbreak. Just one heartbreak. One person who gave her a heartbreak.

That person must be a fool.

“I’m nothing but a disappointment to everyone even though I do what I have to do; even though I do more than what is expected,” Jensen adds.

Her words were full of content. Very fruitful. Very piercing. And very true.

Jensen has full of emotions.

I look at Suho-hyung only to see his poker face.

He understands perfectly.

“But how about your family?” Luhan-hyung asks.

Ah, yes. Family. She has a family, right? They must be worried about her already.

Jensen’s face softens. “I… I have thought of a way to help them. And it can only be done by your help.”

She hides her face. “But it will be too much. I don’t know if you could help me.”

“Of course, we can,” Suho-hyung assures. “What is it that we can do?”

“Well…” Jensen breathes out a deep sigh. “I want to help my parents anonymously. My dad is bankrupt for he still has unsettled balances worth millions. He can’t even have a new bank account for he is included in the black list.

“If I could just pay those unsettled accounts and give my dad a new start, another chance, to continue our business, they would be just fine,” Jensen explains.

She really loves her family. Even though they give her unnecessary pressure, she still thinks of them. She wants to help them even if she’s this far from home.

“That’s it?” Suho-hyung chuckles, but slyly.

I see Jensen’s shocked face. Little did I know I am just mirroring her expression.

“You want to pay their debt and give them a new capital?” Suho-hyung asks for clarification.

Jensen blushes. “I---I know it’s too much! You don’t have to do---“

“Nonsense,” Suho-hyung smirks. “Payment for their debt will be up later. I told you that you can ask for anything because we can’t repay you enough for what you did.”

Jensen is left dumbfounded.

“Now, if you want to change your identity, you need a makeover,” Suho-hyung grins.

__

Jensen’s P.O.V.

** ** **

A makeover?

Oh, I get it. There’s no point in arguing with Suho since I know where he’s going at.

I slowly nod.

“So,” Suho exhales loudly. “Since that is already solved, you need to rest so you can go out of the hospital immediately.”

“Okay, I will~” I quickly reply.

Suho really has an authority in his tone.

“Do you still need anything?” Sehun asks.

Before I could even answer, Xiumin shouts. “The others will go here. They want to see the one who saved us.”

Saved them?

It’s really embarrassing for me to hear them acknowledge me like that. I’m no hero. I didn’t save anyone. It’s not that I hate it but they’re all reacting too much for what I did. I just don’t feel worthy of all these.

I look up when I hear Luhan talk. “Tell them to hurry because Jensen still needs to rest~”

“No, no!” I quickly respond to what Luhan said. “It’s fine. No need to rush. I also want to meet them anyway~”

I smile.

I’m not going to let myself get used to being treated like I’m a fragile thing.

It makes me feel weak.

Luhan tilts his head in confusion but shrugs it off. “Okay, then~”

“So,” I didn’t notice Sehun next to me until he spoke. “Do you need anything? I mean, if you want anything that can make you relax…”

“No, I’m f---" I cut myself out.

On second thought…

“I need a pair of earphones or headphones and a guitar because a keyboard will be heavier,” I tell him.

“Ow-kay…?” Sehun replies. “But I’m curious. What is the guitar for?”

“Ahh~” I let out, getting Sehun’s curiosity. “I will use it to get the chords of a song. It makes me at ease and I’m having fun doing it.”

And then sudden realization.

“Where is my phone?” I say.

I notice the others look at me. I think I said that a little loud.

“And my bag?”

Ooooops. I think my tone was a little demanding.

“S---Sorry,” I say, now softly. “It’s just… they’re my only stuff I have since I came here. They were with me when I was still in the bag where they carried me.”

“No need to be sorry,” Suho smiles. “It’s yours. You have the right to take it.”

Luhan suddenly walks towards where I am, handing something to me.

Oh, it’s my bag.

“All of your things are there,” Suho assures me. “We asked the police not to take anything until they have your consent.”

I smile faintly. “Thanks, Suho---o-oppa…”

Okay. Since I’m not really Korean, it’s hard for me to say their honorifics.

Suho didn’t really respond and I really think I said it wrong.

But then Suho’s face brightens up.

“You’re always welcome, Jensen,” he smiles.

I find comfort from Suho. I don’t know; maybe because he’s like a protective brother to me. Since I’m the eldest, I’ve always wanted a brother.

“Why do you need your cell phone, by the way?” Luhan asks. “It has no coverage since you’re here in Korea now, right?”

“For music,” I answer right away.

Xiumin, Luhan, and Suho give me a questioning look.

“Ahh!~” Sehun exclaims. “That’s why you need a pair of earphones and a guitar?”

I nod and smile.

Suho raises his brow at Sehun.

“Hyung, she said she haves fun finding the chords of a song,” Sehun answers their questioning looks.

And clarification is now evident in their features.

I roll my eyes.

“I’ll just lend you my earphones, Jensen,” Sehun says.

I blush.

Sehun. Oh Sehun.

I did mention that he’s my bias in EXO, right?

And now, he’s letting me use his ing earphones?

Jensen, you could get used to this!

“But the guitar…” Sehun mumbles.

“Chanyeol has one, right?” Xiumin suggests.

“Oh, yeah!” Sehun shouts, agreeing positively with Xiumin. “Chanyeol-hyung has a guitar!”

He’s way too happy.

“Okay, I’ll call them,” Xiumin declares.

He dials something on his phone.

“Hello, Chanyeol?” Xiumin talks to the other line. “Are you guys all going here? … Ahh, okay. Take care. Are you on your way now? … Oh, no. … Uhh, I was going to ask you to bring your guitar. … Really?! … Oh, that’s great! … See you, then. Bye!”

That’s really awkward. Well, for me, it is. I’m not used to listening to other people’s conversation over the phone.

“They said they’ll be here in five minutes,” Xiumin says the moment he hangs up. “And Chanyeol brought his guitar with him.”

I grin.

“There you have it, Jensen,” Sehun says. “You’ll be at ease this time. And oh…”

He fishes out something from his pocket and hands it to me.

I spread out my palm to get what it is.

It’s a pair of earphones. It’s his earphones.

“Oh,” I let out shyly. “Thank you…”

Sehun smiles. “Do you mind if I watch how you do it? Finding out chords?”

“I don’t mind,” I smile.

And I think I’m blushing.

I hope that I won’t do have a hard time because finding out the chords of a song by ear needs focus.

I don’t think I can focus very well with Sehun around.

__

Chanyeol’s P.O.V.

** ** **

We were really surprised and still in the state of shock when Suho-hyung relayed the news to us.

We were actually the first to know before the rest of the artists and the higher-ups in the company.

I have known of the forceful events here in the company and their mistreatment---I have always known---but never did I think that there was someone who could do such cruelty.

Especially not from our CEO, Mr. Kim.

I know a lot of secrets in this company but I didn’t expect this one.

The moment we knew about what happened, we decided to see this girl.

Last night was supposed to be our dinner with Luhan-hyung. He visited after months of communication just through SNS.

But Luhan-hyung said it was cancelled because he was at the hospital with Xiumin-hyung, Suho-hyung and Sehun.

We’re all in shock; clueless of what happened. We’re actually freaking out but we patiently waited.

Then Xiumin-hyung told us everything just this morning.

He told us that they rushed the girl to the hospital after the incident, and that the girl was suddenly in the verge of life and death late at night then just woke up this morning.

So we decided to come over today.

We’re actually on our way to the said hospital.

This is supposed to be a surprise, but it’s a hospital we’re visiting. They should know. So I sent Xiumin-hyung a message, notifying him that we’re coming over because we want to see the girl who saved us.

“What do you think she looks like?” Baekhyun-hyung asks everyone.

I’d be lying if I say I’m not curious myself.

“Maybe nerdy-like,” Tao replies. “Because Xiumin-hyung said she wrote a story, right?”

“Nerd? You mean the ones who are chubby, with freckles and braces?” Kai describes. “With thick-rimmed glasses?”

And he sounded disgusted.

“Whatever she looks like, we should respect her,” D.O. says, dead serious. “She just freed us and she did something big. And that’s something we need to be thankful for.”

I hear sighs and grunts in the van.

Suddenly, my phone rings.

“Xiumin-hyung is calling,” I announce.

I click on the answer button. “Hello?”

“Hello, Chanyeol?” Xiumin-hyung says on the other line.

“Yes, Umin-hyung?” I reply.

“Are you guys all going here?”

“Nope. Chen-hyung and Lay-hyung have their own appointments for today. But the rest are going.”

“Ahh, okay. Take care. Are you on your way now?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, no.”

Did something happen? I panic. “Why, hyung?”

“Uhh, I was going to ask you to bring your guitar.”

“I brought it.”

“Really?!”

Xiumin-hyung sounds like he’s really happy that I brought it. When did he become so interested with the guitar?

I answer anyway. “Yes, I did.”

“Oh, that’s great!”

I hear him sigh in relief on the other line.

“We’re almost there, five minutes tops,” I hear the driver say.

“We’re gonna arrive there in five minutes,” I tell him.

“See you, then. Bye!”

“Bye~”

Then I hang up.

“What did hyung say?” Baekhyun-hyung asks.

“He asked me if I could bring my guitar.”

** ** **

To be honest, I thought that Kai’s description about the girl was right because Tao had a point. She wrote a story. She’s supposed to be a nerdy type.

But it was the exact opposite.

I was the first to come in and I immediately look for the girl.

She is still on the bed, sitting up, and Sehun is talking to her.

Sehun looks really interested about her.

I caught her looking at me the moment I came in and she stares for a while.

Does she know me?

She’s really petite, not chubby. Slim. No freckles, no glasses. Her hair is kinda reddish and is up to her s. They’re a little wavy. Her eyes are bright. And her complexion is just fair. Not so white like us but not so tanned.

I look at Kai and Tao and I know they’re surprised on what they saw, too.

Baekhyun-hyung and D.O. are smiling.

Xiumin-hyung welcomes us.

“Jensen,” Suho-hyung suddenly says.

All of us looked at him.

“Yes?” the girl responds, a little shy.

“This is Baekhyun, D.O., Chanyeol, Kai, and Tao,” Suho-hyung says while gesturing at us respectively.

“I know,” the girl says, smiling. “I know them.”

“You do?” Suho-hyung asks, puzzled.

“Oh, yeah,” Sehun suddenly shouts, as if he realized something. “When you woke up, you called me ‘Oh Sehun’. How did you…?”

“Of course I know EXO,” the girl replies as if it is the most obvious thing in the world. “How could I even write a fan fiction about you if I don’t know you?”

Well, that makes sense.

“What? You realized it just now?” Luhan-hyung asks mockingly. “I figured it out right after she told us everything!”

Suho-hyung shakes his head while smiling triumphantly. “So, you’re a fan?”

The girl beams. “Not really an EXO-L, but I know some of your songs, so can you consider me as a fan?”

Suho-hyung chuckles. “Oh, well. Since you know us, I’ll introduce you.”

“Guys,” Suho-hyung turns to us. “This is Jensen. Jensen Reine Tinker.”

We all say “Hi!” at the same time and offer her a handshake.

“Why did you ask me to bring my guitar, Umin-hyung?” I ask him.

“Ahh!” Sehun suddenly stands from his seat beside the bed and runs towards me. “I almost forgot!”

“What?” I ask him.

“Could you let Jensen use---err, borrow---your guitar?” Sehun asks.

Jensen? The girl? Guitar…?

“Finding out the chords of a song makes her at ease,” Sehun explains. “She just wants to have fun before she totally rests.”

All of us newcomers are mirroring the same surprised expression.

I notice Sehun and Jensen looking at me, waiting for my answer.

“Of course, you can,” I look at Jensen and smile.

Jensen’s face brightens up. “Oh my god! Thank you!”

She almost leaped in her place. I mean, if that’s possible, since she’s still sitting on the bed.

“Thank you, Chanyeol-hyung!” Sehun says as he gets the guitar from me the moment I removed it from my back.

He also said that a little bit exaggerated.

“Guys,” Suho-hyung catches our attention. “Me, Luhan-hyung and Xiumin-hyung will buy dinner for all of us. Watch over Jensen for a while, while we’re gone.”

The others say “Yes~” in unison while I look at Jensen.

She’s pouting.

Why is she pouting? Doesn’t she want our company?

Baekhyun-hyung jogs towards Jensen and sits beside Sehun.

“Before you use Chanyeol’s guitar, let’s get to know each other first!” Baekhyun-hyung says excitedly.

__

A/N:

Finally. An update. //slops down

This was supposed to be last night but I ended up sleeping. Sports Fest week in our school just ended and guess what… MY TEAM WAS THE OVER-ALL CHAMPION!! Yay! XD

It was totally unexpected because we didn’t have a coach to coach us throughout the week. I mean, he didn’t attend even once. :/ But we still won!

I played Volleyball and Billiards and we won as champion on those! :D

Anyway, here’s an update for you guys as a celebration of our victory, too. :>

Read~ Vote~ Comment~ Follow~ Subscribe~ Share~ Promote~ :’>

xoxo,

kurostelle

P.S. 

Chanyeol on the media corner with his guitar. Hart hart~