Chapter 1

Identity Change

Jensen's P. O. V.

** ** **

"Bastard,” I curse.

So that’s it? He let me come home by myself. On my own. Alone. He left me again. It’s almost midnight.

We had a fight but instead of talking about it, he pushed me away! We were supposed to go home together since we have the same route home. But he chose to sleep over at a friend’s house. I allowed myself to stay late outside because I know I’ll have someone to be there with me.

But what’s this? What now? I’m alone! Just because of a fight that can be easily solved by talking.

I should’ve went home early and just continued writing my story. I still have a lot to say about that worthless CEO that I haven’t written yet. The latest chapter that I’m writing will be published soon and it’s wordier and there are really a lot of feels in this one. Hahaha.

But how could I finish that if I’m still here, walking?

I sigh. I’m walking here on a street where I usually go on the way home, an empty street. This is a busy street in pick hours but now that it’s almost midnight, it’s almost a ghost town. Only a few people are awake in this hour. I only see vendors by the sidewalk. Maybe 24/7 public vehicle drivers buy from them; that’s why they’re still up.

I see food. Now I’m hungry. We’ve been drinking like, since 5:00 p.m. and I haven’t eaten anything yet since then.

I look at my wallet to see… nothing. My money is gone. My paper bills are gone. I only have a few coins. I count it and thank God it’s still enough for me to go home. It’s just the exact fare I need.

I click my tongue. I know now why my paper bills are gone.

A while ago at the jeepney, I was crying. I know it wasn’t the right place to but what happened to me was a breakdown. It hurt me so bad. Everything piled up inside me. I wasn’t complaining about what he tells me, how he treats me, and how he never listens. I tried to understand him! I know he has a lot of problems right now so I try not to add myself to his problems but silence hurts me more. I need to release this!

He. I’m referring to my boyfriend.

I received a lot of stares at the jeepney a while ago. Who won’t? Even I will wonder if I see someone crying on a jeepney in the middle of the night that reeks of alcohol.

I didn’t know I dropped my wallet, not until a man called me from the jeepney and gave my wallet back to me through the window. I thanked him then continued walking to where I must go. I’m positive they stole my paper bills before returning my wallet to me.

A Good Samaritan who returns things who isn’t his? Ha! At least he has mercy. He left some coins to me.

Great. This is great.

I look ahead again and I see a vendor looking at me with a puzzled look. Then suddenly, shock was very evident on his features. Is there something wrong with my face?

I touch my face and rubbed my cheeks then I suddenly realize that he isn’t looking at me. He is looking at something behind me.

The moment I turn around to see what was keeping the vendor freezing in his position, my mouth and nose are suddenly covered with a hanky and there’s an arm around my waist gripping me so tight. It took me a while to process what is going on.

I panic. Someone is holding me captive! Oh my god, help me! I want to scream but I can’t!

The man who was staring at me a while ago tries to help by coming near me but I see the man holding me from behind point a gun at the man who tries to help me and that made him stop.

Armed men. Armed men are kidnapping me. Why? WHY?! What the hell did I do??!

My boyfriend treated me like I’m trash that he didn’t even care what could possibly happen to me. And now, something did happen. I’m being kidnapped because of a reason I don’t know. I can’t remember a thing I did for me to deserve this.

They’re armed. They have guns. Will they kill me? Am I going to die?

No!!!

I still have a lot of plans in my life!

On second thought, maybe this is what I just wanted. If I’m going to die now, I can make my boyfriend guilty for leaving me and making me go home alone in this hour.

But he wouldn’t know that it’s me who was kidnapped, right? The man who is witnessing this doesn’t know me.

But he will.

I am taken roughly and I hear the armed men saying---shouting something but I don’t understand it since my ears are covered by their grip and I’m starting to feel dizzy. All I hear are muffled sounds. They sound like they are in a hurry, though.

Before I lose my senses, I dig my hand in my pocket and get my school ID. I throw it to the witness and good thing the kidnappers didn’t notice for they were in a hurry.

They closed the door of the car after I’m taken in by force and I fell into a deep slumber.

___

A/N:

Jeepney is one of the public transportations in the Philippines.

Tell me what you think! :)