Monster

District 10: What Lovely Lips You Have, Milady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One year ago

The last thing I am going to see of this world before I die is that white-blond hair. I'm sure of it.

Sandy blinked several times to make sure she wasn't hallucinating or having any delusions, but that second growl emanating from the chained prisoner was real enough. She cautiously got up on her feet and slowly approached the rusted bars of the cell. She could smell her own fear in the rancid atmosphere, but something drove her towards that unfortunate creature caged on the other side.

He was cowering now and backing himself into the farthest corner from her as possible, head rapidly turning left and right at the sound of the slightest movement. Sandy grimaced at the fallen image of him. Terrifying at one moment, terrified at the next. She recalled the memory of her beloved dog during childhood whom she was blessed to have the joy of taking care of for ten long years. Their first meeting also began at a rough start, but they gradually grew to love each other in many ways.

With that in mind, Sandy softly spoke. "Hello there. My name is Sandy. You can probably tell that I'm not a native from this area by my accent and clothing. I swear, the people of my home do not dress like this every day." She lightly chuckled as she picked up the tattered edge of her bridal dress to show him.

He was still shaking, but at least he appeared to be curious at her behavior now.

"I was originally sent as a sacrifice to appease this monster

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter