Lost

District 10: What Lovely Lips You Have, Milady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been nearly a week, and they were no closer to the southern province of where Daesung's home was located.

A couple days in a nearby town about ten miles away was necessary in order for the both of them to recuperate as well as to restock whatever supplies they needed to make the journey. Han made sure they picked up lots of medicinal herbs and bandages because she had a feeling that Jiyong's reintroduction back into society was certainly going to be a bumpy road. In fact, his black and white star striped outfit almost got him robbed three times by bandits while they were out hunting for sustenance in the woods, which prompted Han to fork over some extra money for a regular earth tone tunic and leather boots. Seeing that they didn't have much leftover for Jiyong's own weapon (and Han highly doubted he could use one effectively after being cooped up for so long), she hesitantly handed over her prized iron sword.

Her father had forged it personally for her when she was capable of wielding it at a young age and taught her all the skills she needed to know to defend herself in case of emergencies. Jiyong noticed her lingering stare upon the weapon and promised that no trouble would come to it while in his possession. It didn't relieve her completely, but it was all he could offer and what she could only accept.

But I shouldn't have taken his word on everything for granted.

Han loudly sighed yet again as the sun started lowering across the horizon, which signified that another day had gone by and no progress was made. They stopped at a river and mutually decided to camp there for the night. Jiyong automatically began searching for twigs and kindle for the fire while Han scanned the riverbank. Little movements here and there in the bushes indicated that small animals, such as rabbits or moles, were present. 

And so is dinner.

Mouth watering at the opportunity to have some protein for their meal, Han set up a few traps in various spots to catch any unsuspecting pray. With luck, all she had to do was wait and food would be available. However, based from experience, she knew she wasn't as fortunate as she'd always hoped, so she tied her dagger to the end of a thick branch with grass reeds to form a spear. She swiftly removed her shoes and rolled up the edges of her trouser and sleeves, praying tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter