Too Little Too Late

District 10: What Lovely Lips You Have, Milady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 Year Ago

Just as Daesung had suspected, they were caught by the castle guards before they had reached their desired freedom. He had exited through the shattered window that Sandy had entered through earlier with ease thanks to his thin frame and with the addition of Sandy's pushing. Despite Sandy's efforts, it still required quite an amount of stamina on his part to haul himself out. Here he was, panting and lightly perspiring on the ground from the exertion, depending upon a woman to guarantee his safety.

Ashamed couldn't even begin to describe the apathy he had for himself at the moment or his entire life in fact. Daesung thought that he could've dominated the world with his supernatural power, spreading his reign to every corner of the Earth. But the boon of his life soon morphed into his bane, barring him from becoming what he could have been. Daesung clenched his hands into fists, bringing the dirt into his enclosed palms. He was tired of feeling weak and vulnerable all the time, unable to defend even the simplest things he enjoyed. He grit his teeth to staunch the exhaustion invading his every limb, determined to make it past these castle walls with Sandy as a liberated man.

"Um...I seem to be stuck." And by her arse at that.

Daesung slowly blinked at Sandy, trying to decipher if her statement was a joke or not. She had the gall to appear sheepish. She had hoisted herself up easily and had her upper body already wiggling out of the window. Sadly, Daesung knew an obstacle was arising when Sandy froze and couldn't pull hserself out any further.

"Why is it always easy going in but a nightmare getting out?" Sandy muttered. 

After managing to catch his breath, Daesung got up in his wobbling legs and stumbled over to Sandy, who was twisting herself in a variety of ways to squeeze her bottom through the low window.

"No, no, no," She said. "You're going to need to save your strength for later."

Undeterred by Sandy's rejection, Daesung gathered her hands in his and got ready to yank her out, but he suddenly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter