The Ugly One

District 10: What Lovely Lips You Have, Milady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Year Ago

Sandy's heart almost tore itself to pieces at his first statement. "No." A smile. "Just a friend who can't stand to people to be hurt by Prince Seunghyun anymore."

Any form of rebuttal died on Daesung's chapped lips as Sandy broke eye contact and turned her attention towards the mannacles binding to his thin wrists. Her eyes traveled upwards to the two loops embedded in the walls and took note of how they were almost wrenched free of their foundation. The combination of the dank atmosphere and sheer strength must have been the cause. 

"I normally don't forget my manners, but I didn't ask for your name." Sandy began to search the surroundings for a heavy and sturdy object, hopefully blunt and sharp enough to suit her purposes. She prayed that her occupation with this would provide him ample time to respond.

Daesung was astonished that she would even take the time for such a trivial matter considering the circumstances they were in. Her noisy break in would certainly attract the guards soon enough as well as the wrath of his brother, Seunghyun. However, Sandy was led to believe that he was dead according to her account. Would she even believe him if he told her that he was the royal and noble Prince Daesung himself? 

Hell, even I wouldn't trust myself seeing that princes don't usually belong in dungeons.

After some contemplation, he decided against revealing his true identity to her. It would save her from false hopes and spare him looks of pity. He already suffered enough under his family. He didn't need more emotional pain nor did he want to spread it to others.

"I am known as 'The Ugly One'."

Sandy whipped around and gave him a quizzical stare. She stopped in the midst of her search and marched right up to him, her face only a few inches away from his. She suddenly cupped the sides of Daesung's face and gazed at him straight in the eyes. "That is utter malarky!"

Daesung was slightly taken aback by her direct tone. 

"In my book, there is no such word as 'ugly'. It has such a egative connation, and it doesn't make anyone happy. I do not think that you are so." Her furrowed brows emphasized her point.

"Ha. Look at these scars and blemished skin. I could be blown away with a slight breeze. I-" Daesung halted in time before he accidentally blurted out his royal status.

Sandy shook her head to deny his words. "Nonsense! The exterior isn't what's important. As naive and childish as it may sound, I was raised with the belief that it's what's inside your heart that matters most. As long as you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter