Bittersweet Escape

District 10: What Lovely Lips You Have, Milady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How am I suppose to escape if he's invading my personal space like this?

"Well, Lord Kwon," Han sarcastically began, "I plan to inflict extensive damage to your family jewels, which will provide me a sufficient amount of time for me to clamber down the side of the tower."

His eyebrows rose in surprise at the explicit response. He leaned in several more inches and offered a disarming grin, earning him a sharp inhale from her, before retreating a couple steps back. That determination burning in her eyes indicated that she would follow through with what she stated. He decided that it was better not to risk injuring his chances at having a family in the future.

Jiyong threw his hands nonchalantly in the air and shrugged his shoulders. "Good luck with that, my maiden. The surface of this tower is slick and smooth as my long hair once was. Without it, you can't easily go out as you came in."

Han bit the inside of her right cheek, reluctantly coming to terms with the possibility that she was probably stuck in this room with a ually deprived man forever. No, she had to leave. One way or another, she was going to fulfill her promise to bring her best friend, Sandy, home.

Han began pacing back and forth while Jiyong returned to his metal throne to observe her, absentmindedly twirling his cane in a counterclockwise direction.

"Why didn't you tell me you had some ropes?" She asked from the other side of the room as she mentally calculated its length with the distance between her thin but nimble arms. 

"I forgot." He tersely replied.

Han scoffed until she recalled that it was previously buried under his mound of neon orange hair. She estimated that there was at least thirty feet of cordage that could be used and dragged the entire pile over to the window.

"Be careful that it doesn't slip around your neck." Jiyong whispered.

Han's head snapped up at the statement, shock etched across her facial features. Was that a threat?

Jiyong gave her a bittersweet smile. "Being alone...forcibly against your will...even if one deserved it...it does things to you. Changes you. You get angry at first. Enraged for being locked up and deprived of everything. That's when the despair set in. Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter