Back to Korea - Hyunki

Little Apples ( Sequel to Sorry, I can't be with you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi mama~” I sing and give her a peck on her cheek. Mommy gives her cheek and smiles at me. “How’s school?” She asks.

“It was .” Her brows arches and she stops from typing on her keyboard. “I mean half of it. The other half was good. As usual good.” I say and throw myself on the couch. Mommy smiles at me. She understood the good one is I still maintain my number 1 grades in school. Heh heh…

“Where’s your sister?” 

“She was behind me just now.” I said, turning around—looking at the opened door. A few seconds later, Minami walks into the living room after the maids took her things.

“Hi ma” She greets and set herself on the couch in front of me.

“What were you doing out there?” Mommy asks.

“And you are late missy.” I groan.

Minami grins at me but she didn’t reply mommy’s question. Infact, she changes the subject. “I’m hungry.”

“Fine. The food is ready. Get your shower kids, after lunch we are going to grandpa and grandma’s house. They are whining to see you two.” Says Mommy and closes her laptop. Both of us jog to our room to change and after a while we take our lunches, it was nearly dinner actually.

“How was school, Minami?” Mommy asks after a long pause. Minami’s spoon freeze in mid-air and eyed at mom after me.

“Haa.. This time it was great!” She grins. “I got number 1. We are on the same level, Hyunki oppa (elder brother)”

“Good!” Mom sticks out her thumb at Minami and she giggles like a schoolgirl.

“Mommy, I was wondering. Who is our father?” Minami’s sudden question made Mommy stops from chewing. She eyes at mommy and then to myself. I swallow and glares at Minami. “I was curious. I never knew about him. Teachers have been asking me about daddy’s present. If he is already died, just say that he’s already died.” Minami added.

“Minami..!” I call her. I ball my eyes at her, signaling her to stop, and I feel tensed in the atmosphere. I turn to mommy and I can feel as if she is angry with the question. It was a long pause, nobody is trying to speak up. Mommy looks like she is possessed with demons around her.

“He’s…………. Dead…” Said Mommy, barely audible.

“We are going to visit grandpa and grandmas’ and shall we visit father’s grave?” asks Minami.

“No. He’s not there. No more. Stop asking me about your father and get ready. We will move in 30 minutes from now.” Says Mommy and she leaves the table to her room. After the ‘click’ sound I heard from mommy’s room, I immediately turn to Minami.

“Hey, you know she is sensitive about this topic.” I said.

“I’m curious. I really want to know who our father is. We have been living for 16 years without knowing a single thing about daddy. At least his name…” She says. Her voice is whispering throughout the room.

It is true. We do not know who our father is. His name, his occupation, how old is he, where does he live if he is still alive, why is he not here… Not with us. There is too much to ask but none of it have answers.

We finishes our last piece of food on the plate and quickly changes and pack some clothes because mommy likes to stay over at grandma’s place for several nights. The last time we met was 5 months ago. Mommy had been busy most of the time but she is mostly at home and I don’t really know how to describe her work. Something to do with business. Not sure what kind of business she runs.

After getting ready, mommy waited for us in the car at the back seat with the driver for us. The maids waited at the door and some of them took the bag for us and set it in the car. “How is everything ready over there?” Mommy asks as soon the driver hops into the car.

“Everything is ready. The car is waiting for you, madam.” He said. We have to get a flight back to mommy’s hometown. Oh, you must be wondering where we are. We are in Japan. Somewhere in Ashiya, Hyogo Prefecture. Can say in between Kobe and Osaka. Easy for you to coordinate in the maps. Hahah

It took us about 1 hour and 32 minutes roughly and after we have landed in Incheon International Airport, a car has been waiting for us with a door opened. “Good day Madam, Miss and Mr. Lee” He greets.

“Hi.” Minami and I said in unison. Mommy just smile at him and he closes the door after her. Wow, this is a limousine. We have never had an experience cruising in a limousine. My eyes roam around and Mommy caught me amazed.

“What’s the matter, Hyunki?”

“Nothing.. Just.. Amazed at how rich you are.” I mutter. I turn to Minami who is reading her English novels with her leg crossed over onto other leg—aware but ignore the situation.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter