Easing Tension

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right before takeoff

Passangers, flight attendants, get ready for takeoff.

 

I held onto my plush toy with my life, and closed my eyes. As the speed of the airplane increased, so did my heart rate. Not even consciously thinking, I quickly grabbed a hold of the closest “thing” next to me.

 

3…2…1…

 

My head dodged to the left.

 

Once we were stable in the air, I finally opened my eyes, and looked at “what” I was holding onto tightly. Only to find that it wasn’t my arm rest at all, but… L. His eyes were surprised, and my eyes grew wider.

 

“Sorry!!” I squealed, before I hid underneath my blanket. I didn’t want him to yell at me again.

 

Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

 

4 Hours later

I woke up from my nap, only to notice L hadn’t slept at all. He was watching TV. It was then that I noticed how tense he was sitting in his seat. I poked his shoulder, and he looked at me.

 

“You know what, I never properly introduced myself. I’m Sa In Ha, a Junior studying Biology.” I extended my hand for a handshake, but he didn’t move, his eyes never diverted from my gaze.

 

“What are you watching?” I tried to change the subject, looking at his computer. I was desperate to resolve the tension between us.

 

He pulled his right ear-bud out of his ear, and handed it to me. Suddenly, his face appeared on the screen.

 

“Oh, that’s you!” I let out. He seemed surprise that I was so surprised.

 

“You really don’t know who I am?” he asked again.

 

“Are you an actor?” I let out a slight smile. It seemed like my smile didn’t ease the tension, he took his ear-bud back.

 

“Aren’t you going to sleep?” I asked him. He took both buds out.

 

“Why do you care?” again with that cold stare. Why did he act this way?

 

“No reason. But since you seem to have the same fears I have about flying, here” I gave him my plush toy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter