Fighting Back

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sa In Ha’s POV

I wonder how much of a fairytale actually exists in real life. Is everything a fragment of ones imagination, or is there really a love out there that one can die for? These days, I’m not so confident that there is.

 

“Hey babe, let’s not hangout today. School has me swamped with work, and I can’t afford another C in my calc class. You understand right? Love you.”  I sighed as I re-read the text from V.

 

This was the 3rd time this week that he had canceled on me. He was never like this when we first started dating. I couldn’t help but feel like it was my fault, like I wasn’t worth his time anymore. All of my friends tell me I’m crazy, that he treats me horribly, and doesn’t care about what I have to say. And yet, I can’t forget him. Is it possible to love someone who doesn’t love anyone but themselves? That’s what I feel like sometimes. But then he tells me I’m the only one for him, and it gets my heart racing.

 

“Aish, and yet I’m back to this place again, doubting his feelings! Ahhhhhh !!” I said while attacking my pillows on my bed. “I know this can’t be a one-sided thing.”

 

“YAH In Ha, keep it down. I have a Bio test next week, and I can’t memorize with you complaining about your boyfriend again!” My roommate Eunji screamed.

 

“hehe. Sorry unnie. I’ll go for a walk. Good luck.” I said as I grabbed my coat and backpack. Maybe I could get over being stood up by going to my favorite library.

 

Don’t get me wrong; I’m an independent person who doesn’t need a man to be happy. But V was different, before I met him, I never intended on having a boyfriend in college. We started as really good friends, before he confessed…

4 months ago

“V, this is the best birthday present in the world! Thank you!!!” I couldn’t hold in my excitement. He knew me so well. What girl wouldn’t want to go to Disneyland on their birthday?

 

“I’m glad you like it! Now let’s get in line for space mountain before the wait time becomes 2 hours long.”

 

“Dude, there is no way we’re going to make it there that fast. It’s on the other side of the park, and there’s got to be like, 300 people in front of us!”

 

“Do you trust me?”

 

“Yes” I said hesitantly. I wasn’t sure if I really could, but in that moment, I wanted to.

 

“Grab my hand, and follow me”

 

He stuck his hand out, and reached for mine, my heart was racing so fast, I didn’t even realize we were running together. That was the effect he had on me. This feeling like I didn’t need to worry about being anyone but myself around him, like he knew me.

 

We had wandered Disneyland for a good 8 hours, riding rides, taking selfies, and meeting characters! (My favorite being whinnie the pooh!)

 

“Are you cold?” he said as we waited for the fireworks to start.

 

“I’m alright” I said. But in reality, I was freezing. Why was Anaheim so cold at night!!! He began taking off his jacket for me. “You really don’t have to do that, I’m okay!” but I was too late, he forced my arms into his letterman jacket, and I just stood there looking at him. When out of nowhere, I opened my big mouth.

 

“Why are you being so nice to me?” I honestly had no idea where those words came from. I mean, it had to be because it was my birthday right? Or at least, that’s what I imagined his answer being.

 

“It’s just a jacket In Ha, don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter