Chapter 10

Pretend to be Nice

Within minutes Yoongi had found her. She was sitting on the some stairs by the movie theater, weeping. He stopped a few feet away from her, almost as if he didn’t dare to approach her too closely.

 

“Yisun…” he said softly.

 

Yisun looked up and made to leave as she saw him, but he grabbed her arm to stop her.

 

“Let me go!!” she yelled and a few of the passers-by stopped to look at them.

 

Yoongi immediately dropped her arm and smiled uncomfortably at the people who had stopped to stare, telling them, “it’s nothing… she’s not feeling well…”

 

“Yeah, sure I ain’t feeling well. Whose fault do you think that is??!” she spat at him. “I can’t believe I even let myself forget how mean you really are!”

 

Yoongi felt bad and the fake smile left his face.

 

“Look Yisun…” he started.

 

“But then again, you forgot too, right?” she went on, ignoring him, “you forgot you were supposed to be a thug or something… otherwise you wouldn’t have agreed to come here with me, you wouldn’t have been happy about it!” she snapped.

 

Yoongi looked at her, unable to say anything.

 

“I’m sorry Yoongi” she told him, staring at him viciously.

 

Yoongi’s guilty look left his face for a second as he wondered what she was apologizing for.

 

“I’m sorry I made you forget. Please don’t let me stop you from being the big bad- thug you’re setting yourself out to be!” she exclaimed before storming off into the movie theater, leaving a few people staring at them.

 

Yoongi stood there in the middle of the sidewalk, too stunned by her outburst, before finally rushing after her inside the theater. Of course, since he had to fish in his pocket to find his pass and wait several seconds for the "stupid doorman" to check if it was genuine, he had completely lost track of Yisun by the time he was allowed inside. Finally, deciding to head to the viewing room, he caught sight of Yisun’s back just as she was about to reach the door. Quickly, before she could say anything, he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her aside in a corner.

 

 “Look, will you just listen to me!” he exclaimed, being as quiet as possible, so as not to attract attention.

 

“And what could you possibly have to say?” retorted Yisun, her voice thick with venom.

 

“I’m sorry” he simply said.

 

Yisun stared at him, dumbfounded.

 

“You expect that to be enough?” she finally told him.

 

Yoongi was quiet.

 

“I don’t really know what else to say” he answered, honestly.

 

“You treated me like dirt, Yoongi. Your friends made fun of me and you let them. You let them cuz you didn’t want them to know you associated with me; do you realize how wrong that is? How mean that is?”

 

Yoongi was quiet still.

 

“You’re all nice with me when it’s just the two of us, but as soon as someone else enters the picture, you become a jerk” she went on furiously, you could tell she was trying hard not to cry.

 

“Look, you don’t know those guys, I had to do that or…” Yoongi started.

 

“Or what? They would have stopped thinking of you as the be-all-know-all of everything? Geez, Yoongi, I didn’t know you were such a er for approval…” she added, maliciously.

 

“I’m not!” exclaimed the teenage boy defensively.

 

“I don’t care Yoongi, I don’t care. Go watch the movie. I promised you the ticket if you passed; you got the grade so it’s yours. This contract of ours never required us to be friends.”

 

And before he could say anything, she left again, leaving him there to think. It had been a while since he had bothered to think about something that much. He really felt terrible.

 

When he finally decided to enter the room, it was already dark and packed full of people so he couldn’t see where Yisun was seated. Sighing, and seeing the feature presentation was just about to start, he grabbed an empty seat near the door and set out to watch the movie.

 

But, as excellent of the movie was, once it ended, Yoongi rushed out of the room to wait for her outside the theater. As expected, a few minutes later, Yisun came out with a smile on her face, having enjoyed and been distracted by the movie; of course, that expression vanished once she caught sight of Yoongi. She quickly turned around and made to leave in the opposite direction.

 

Yoongi ran in front of her, begging her to listen. Yisun stopped walking but refused to look at him.

 

 “Look…” he started, uneasily, “I’m really sorry about before… the movie was great and I’m really grateful. Let me take you out for a bite to say thanks, okay?” he was looking up at her with a tentative smile.

 

“Okay?” he repeated.

 

“A restaurant’s a public place Yoongi, or have you forgotten? You could be seen” she told him, on a sarcastic, matter-of-factly, tone.

 

“Oh come on…” he said, dragging her over the other way.

 

Yisun didn’t have a choice to follow as she couldn’t possibly get away; Yoongi was much stronger than she was and it didn’t seem as though he was about to let her go.

 

“Yoongi… why are you trying so hard?” she told him with a sigh, “It doesn’t matter…”

 

“I told you” said Yoongi, still holding her by the shoulders so as to make her walk in front of him, “I want to thank you. And…” he paused and then just shook his head “I also want to show you I don’t care what people think.” was what he wished he said.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey guys!

Sorry this one is a bit short...
I just wanted to say thank you so much for subscribing to my story and commenting! 
It really makes me super happy since it's my first story here.
Also, if you wanna gimme some upvotes, that would be nice too! lol.

peace!
AoH