. Hello, but Goodbye

Nicotine

"You."

Soohyun literally wanted to cry.

"It's me again, princess." Jinhwan kicked his feet onto the edge of the school bench, which was conveniently bolted to the floor next to Soohyun's locker. "I didn't even know you went to this school," she groaned incredulously, not resisting the urge to stare at his disheveled method of wearing the uniform. "As a matter of fact, I didn't even think you went to school. You were smo —"

"Yeah, I was smoking. I get it." he rolled his eyes before closing them. She slammed her locker and punched his feet off of the bench. "Now I'm leaving." she said exasperatedly, but Jinhwan sighed heavily.

"Then I guess...you lose."

She hadn't even begun moving before she felt like throwing up. It had only been a week since she had last seen him, how could she have forgotten the wager? The consequence didn't seem all that burdensome at first, but now, she's just competitive. There is no way that Lee Soohyun will be losing a measly bet to an underage smoker with no sense of logic. Yet, she sighed similarly.

"Shall we go, Kim Jinhwan?"

No point in honorifics, not when she envisioned herself with her fingers clasped tightly around his neck and the color draining from his face. At this point, she could only hope.

"You should call me oppa, princess."

She could only take what was given to her.

"Okay then, Jinhwan oppa princess." She could see him shift uncomfortably into a seated position while he cleared his throat. "Never mind then. Jinhwan is good enough." Soohyun shot him a fake smile, and he only snickered. "I see it." he laughed loudly, and anybody passing them in this busy hallway could easily misinterperet what he just said. Her face flushed a deep crimson. "W-What? Do you want to die?" she screamed, grabbing a fistful of his shirt. "Yes, yes please."

He only earned an eye roll from Soohyun, who eventually released her grasp. "What do you see? Tell me, before anybody hears you." Jinhwan only smirked and tucked her golden brown hair behind her ear. "The hostility." he whispered in her ear, and his breath was ticklish against her skin. Goosebumps. 

"Oh? Did I just render the beautiful Lee Soohyun speechless?" he asked, gently brushing her cheek with his thumb.

She pinched his nose to avoid further embarrassment, and he grimaced in pain. "Only in your dreams, princess." Flicking him away, she flashed him a stiff middle finger with a devious smirk, and Jinhwan couldn't help but raise his eyebrows in amusement.

He followed her down the hallway while absorbing her beauty, silently. "Kim Jinhwan, I swear, if you make another comment about how I look, you will not live to see tomorrow." she yelled, turning around and pointing directly into his face. Raising his hands in defense, he smiled.

Turning around once more, she continued walking, only to hear the snotty remark coming from the person she expected most. "You're cute."

Her mind flashed back to their first encounter and shuddered, recalling how he touched her face so delicately while brushing her hair back. Come to think of it, he did exactly that only moments ago. She turned around and Jinhwan stopped in his tracks, boredom with a hint of arrogance written across his face. "Don't try to recreate that day, because I won't come crying to you anymore. I never wanted to in the first place." she warned, stepping closer to poke him in the chest.

"You're full of imagination, Soohyun. I do that to every girl."

All of Soohyun's confidence and dignity were washed away with a painful wave, a surge of emotions running through her body. It wasn't until now that she realized that you know, maybe I did like him. Maybe he isn't so bad after all, or else she wouldn't have been affected this deeply.

"You're a jerk." Soohyun muttered, pulling her finger away from his blazer. Stinging tears brimmed her eyes, and to make things worse, one escaped down her cheek as she blinked. Jinhwan was as stunned as the day they first met.

"I think I'll just take a loss on this bet, Kim Jinhwan. Losing me won't take a single breath out of you, anyway."