Eight

Our Little Miracle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jongin.. you okay?" His grandmother asked. "Your mother should be here in a little while, do you need something?"

"Sehun.... call Sehun..." Kai whispered out.

"Sehun? But, he has a family and I don't know his number." His grandmother sighed. "I'm sorry, Jongie.."

"I want to see him... Grandma please..."

"I'll try-"

"JONGIN!" Kai's mother exclaimed as she opened his room door. "MY BABY! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"

"He got hit by a car last night. He said he tried to contact you but you didn't answer your phone." His grandmother explained in a soft sad tone.

"The first person I tried to call was Sehun..." Kai whispered then coughed.

"Honey... you and Sehun broke up, remember? On Christmas Eve? Hm?" His mother questioned and walked to his bed. She began to gently caress his head.

"Don't remind him. He's been talking about Sehun ever since he woke up. He wants him here."

"Jong, why do you want Sehun here?" His mother asked.

"I just... I just want to talk... please... bring him to me.."

"I'll try, okay?" His mother said and caressed his hair. "I just need to have a chat with his mother."


-------------------------------------

"How's MunHee?" Kris asked Sehun as he walked into the room where he and the baby were.

"MunHee's fine.. his rashes aren't showing any sign of going away and I'm scared." Sehun said while he was putting MunHee in his crib. "I'll meet you downstairs, okay? Xiu Min should be here any minute."

Kris sighed. "Sehun this is ed up. Why isn't that crazy son of a in jail?"

"Don't curse in front of MunHee, we talked about this." Sehun said while putting a blanket over MunHee. "We can finish this conversation in the kitchen. We're going to cook something today. You, me and Xiu Min."

"Fine." Kris rolled his eyes and walked out of the room. He went downstairs and into the kitchen, leaning against the counter waiting for Sehun to come.

The door to MunHee's bedroom closed and Sehun's footsteps were heard coming down the steps.

"Alright, say what you were saying again." Sehun said as he walked into the kitchen. He went to the faucet and turned it on, starting to wash his hands.

"I think it's ed up how you just let him go free after what he did to MunHee. He should be in jail, why didn't you press charges?" Kris asked as he stood in his same position, looking at Sehun.

"I honestly don't have a answer for that. I was just so enraged I wasn't thinking of the police I just wanted to strangle him to death but they wouldn't let me. Haha." Sehun said and turned off the faucet. He dried off his hands with his shirt.

"What did Chanyeol do?" Kris asked.

"Nothing." Sehun said while shaking his head. "He just stood there."

"His excuse for that bull?"

"He said he didn't want to appear weak or something and he wanted to be strong or whatever." Sehun turned to the cabinet and grabbed a pot and pan.

"That's complete bull. How can you do all that when you're just standing there? That's like me saying "I will never leave you" and then leaving right after I say it." Kris said and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I don't think it's anything like that." Sehun chuckled and put the pan on the stove. "Hey, let's change the subject and help me."

"But, he made MunHee have rashes. Who the hell is allergic to blueberries anyway?"

"Kris--"

"Hey guys, I'm here. Sorry I'm a little late. I had to pay some bills." Xiu Min said as he entered the house. He shut the door and went into the kitchen where he saw the two.

"It's fine. How'd you get in?" Sehun asked.

"You had the front door unlocked." Xiu Min said and smiled. "Now, let's cook, shall we?"

-------------------------------------

"I'm glad you accepted my invite for tea."

"What is it? It's been a while. Why so suddenly you want to have tea?" Sehun's mother asked, sipping her tea.

"I want to talk about Sehun.." Kai's mother said and crossed her leg over the other, folding her hands in her lap. Ms. Oh slowly moved the tea cup away from her lips and placed it on the table in front.

"Why is this?"

"My son wants to see him. He got into a really bad car accident and there are so many wires hooked up to him and his only wish is to see Sehun and I'm here asking you for your permission because I know we had a rough past back in high school and you never liked me ever since I poured ramen on your head and embarrassed you in the locker room but--"

"Did you have something to do with their break up? It's weird how Kai broke up with my son and said such things and wants to see him again, isn't it?" Ms. Oh questioned and chuckled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"... Invalid question, Oh." Kai's mother mumbled.

"Invalid my . You had something to do with it, didn't you?" Ms. Oh asked and stood up. "I swear to God, I will kick your if you had something to do with it. But first, tell me your reason."

"My reason?" Mrs. Kim looked up at Ms. Oh and picked up her tea cup. "I missed my son and he kept telling me "no" and how he was never going to leave Sehun. I threatened to tell Sehun about this boy named Kyungsoo but they were only friends. So, I gave him his date when to break up with him and it happened."

"You . How dare you break my son's heart in the process of getting your son back? You can't possibly be so selfish."

"I'm not selfish. I feel bad actually for breaking your son's heart but everything happens for a reason, right--" Mrs. Kim was cut off by Sehun's mother snatching her tea from her and splashing it in her face.

"I'll drive my son to the hospital." Ms. Oh grabbed her purse and put on her sunglasses. "Have a fantastic day." She walked away from the table, laughing.

"YOU !" Mrs. Kim shouted.

"I'm sorry I can't hear you from all the tea on your face." Ms. Oh smiled and exited the diner.

-------------------------------------

"Why should we hire you Mr. Park?" The manager asked.

"Because you're hiring." Chanyeol said simply.

"But.. okay I guess that's fair." The manager got up from his seat and put some papers into his desk. "You're hired. You start tomorrow at 10:30 AM."

"I don't wake up at that time, can it at least be around 2:00 or something?" Chanyeol asked and stood up.

The manager didn't answer and grabbed a sticky note and a pen and started to write something down. "You want this job don't you?"

"Yes but--"

He tore off the sticky note and smacked it on Chanyeol's head. "10:30 AM. Now, off you go. See you tomorrow, Mr. Park." he sat down in his chair and put his feet on the desk.

"Thank you.." Chanyeol mumbled and started walking out the office, removing the sticky note from his head. He looked at the sticky and it read: "10:30AM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Outside

Chanyeol took out his car keys and walked to his car. He thought of how MunHee was doing and smiled. Then he thought of what he was going to eat.

"Channie!" A familiar voice shouted out. Chanyeol looked to see who the owner of the voice and saw..

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked in a annoyed tone.

"Well, I just wanted to see if my friend got the job." Baekhyun said and smiled. "So, did you get it?"

"Don't talk to me like you never tried to kill my son." Chanyeol scoffed and started to walk away again.

"I'm sorry, I know what I did was wrong but Chanyeol I miss you. I miss us. I miss what we had and what we used to share and to see you with someone else and the fact you have a baby by them... it makes me jealous.." Baekhyun lowered his head and started picking with his finger nails. Chanyeol stopped in his tracks and turned around to look at him.

"So you hurt an innocent baby that has nothing to do with anything? He could've have died. He's a newborn."

"We could've had a family Chanyeol. We could've had a baby if you wouldn't have pushed me down the stairs that night on your drunk rants!" Baekhyun shouted and Chanyeol immediately froze.

"You... you were p-pregnant?" Chanyeol stammered.

"Yes.. I was.. 3 weeks.." Baekhyun began to cry silently. Chanyeol walked toward him and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry.. I didn't know.. but.. I still can't be with you Baekhyun.. I have a family now. I'm getting married soon and we'll probably have more babies soon. My dreams have come true.."

"Are you even happy with him...?" Baekhyun asked and pulled away, looking up at Chanyeol with a wet face and his eyes slightly red.

"Yes.. not every relationship is supposed to be perfect. But, just know, I still love you Baekhyun. I still haven't forgave you for what you did to my son and I never will maybe." Chanyeol said and smiled, putting his hand on his shoulder.

"Can we be friends at least?" Baekhyun asked and sniffled.

"Sure." Chanyeol ruffled his hair. "Let's celebrate. I got a new job!" Chanyeol exclaimed. Baekhyun wiped his face with his hands and smiled.

"Let's go to that new Chinese resturant. They have dumplings. My treat."

"Off to the resturant we go!"

-------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter