L.Joe Ending - Part 3

From Naughty to Nice

 

The next morning, just as promised, L.Joe picked you up at 8am, sharp. But being the lady you are, you delayed meeting him for 10 minutes, making him more anxious to see you. Chuckling, you were observing L.Joe behind the curtains of your window. L.Joe was slightly biting his thumb, stomping around, eager to meet you.

*What if last night was a joke to her? What if she thought that I didn't mean it? What if she's already out on another date with some other guy!?* "NOOOO!" Birds flew away from L.Joe's sudden scream, which only made you laugh harder.

"Maybe I should go down now. Before L.Joe gets even more agitated." Laughing all the way, you went outside your gates and met L.Joe. With a smug look on your face, you decided to . "So, Byunghun-ah. I heard your "NOOOO!" just then. What was that all about? You don't want to go on the date with me? Alright, fine then." With a flick of your hair, an the cross of your arms, you turned around and was about to walk back into your house when you felt a pair of arms envelop your body.

"Don't go… I was so scared that you weren't going to show up… I thought that you were just… playing with me." You could feel L.Joe's breath against your neck as he spoke. His words melted your heart and you just didn't want to be cruel and any longer.

So you twirled around and gave him a small kiss on the nose. "Babo. I was just teasing you. How could I not show up to my date with… you."

L.Joe's lips broke into a smile and pressed your forehead against his. "Of course. Coz you just can't resist me."

You laughed and pulled away, and gave L.Joe a light punch on the chest. "Of course. Come on, let's go. Where're you taking me anyway? You never told me."

"Mmh… It'll be a secret. Come on, let's go," with his hand outstretched, L.Joe gave you a sincere and heart-melting smile. You could only smile back and fitted your hand into his, following wherever he would go.

 

But unlike the romantic date you had in mind, with fancy restaurants and a nice movie date, L.Joe brought you to a rundown part of town. Graffiti decorated every wall, and stray barks were heard. Your hands clung onto L.Joe tighter, unconsciously leaning to him for support.

"O-oppa… W-where are we?" Stutters were the best you could muster, as you saw a few gangsters walk past you with clubs and cigarettes in their mouths, spitting at the floor ever so often.

"We're here," announce L.Joe, who stopped in front of a particular building. It wasn't a tall building, with only three storeys high. But the walls seem to have less graffiti than the others, the only positive thing about it. "This, is my home."

You looked towards L.Joe in shock. *Did oppa just say… 'His home'!? That means…* You gasped at the flashback of what happened when L.Joe explained how he had become and angel.

Your eyes quickly turned into concern and looked towards L.Joe. Trying to look into his eyes, you wanted confirmation that he was completely okay with being here.

"Well… This was my home." L.Joe seemed to have sensed you staring and looked back at you. "What, is there something on my face?" Distinctively touching his face, L.Joe kept looking at you.

"Oppa… are you sure you want to me this? I mean… isn't this a… painful memory?" You were being careful with your words. You didn't want to make L.Joe go through unnecessary pain again.

"Yes… it is. But it's also an important memory. And I wanted to share it with you. Because it's something close to my heart… My deepest secret."

Just as you were going to saying something to L.Joe, a woman stepped out of the building. L.Joe gasped and immediately reacted pulling you into a hug, with his back facing the woman. "Oppa, what's wrong?" Your words were muffled by L.Joe's jacket but it was audible.

When the woman was out of earshot, L.Joe loosened up and sighed in relief. "Okay she's gone." You looked behind L.Joe to see a worn out looking woman walking away.

"Who is she?" You asked, looking up at L.Joe, slightly holding onto either sides of his jacket. "She was… my mother."

Wide eyed, you stared at L.Joe. "Then why didn't you say hi to her!?" L.Joe gave you the 'Really?' look and laughed. "Baby, I'm dead, remember? I can't just come out of nowhere and be like, 'Hi umma! I just wanted to see how you were going, coz I'm going great. You know, being an angel and all.' Aren't I right?" L.Joe gave you another look and laughed at your naivety.

"That's true…" You pouted. "But because I don't have a mother, that I think others should cherish them more…"

L.Joe gave you a hug, in which you snuggled comfortably in. "It's okay… You're missing a mother, and I'm missing a father. Maybe this is why we're meant for each other… Because we need certain things from each other to fill in the empty spaces in our hearts…"

After snuggling for a bit, L.Joe broke away first, and took your hand again. "Come on, I want you to experience something." "Huh? What is it?"

L.Joe looked back at you and showed you his eye-smile. "You'll see."

After a few minutes and tiring stair climbing, you two were finally able to reach the roof top. "Oppa… What're we doing on the roof?" With huffs and puffs in between your sentence, your rested your palms on your knees, as you watched L.Joe walk towards the edge of the balcony, stretching leisurely.

Looking back at you, L.Joe laughed. "Gosh, ~~~~. You really need to exercise more. Fatty."

You scoffed and straightened your back, taking long strides towards L.Joe. "Hmph!"

"Okay, ~~~~, close your eyes," L.Joe said. You looked at him with your brows drawn to the centre. "Why…? That's so suspicious! Are you like, gonna push me off the roof or something!?" You pretended to be scared and backed away.

"No, you silly. But trust me, it'll be even more exciting than that. Come on, just close your eyes. Don't you believe in me?" L.Joe gave you a smile that showed his pearly whites and battered his lashes.

You pretended to gag, "Fine, I'll close my eyes."

L.Joe smiled as if he's won a battle and s his arm around your waist. "You ready?" He whispered in your ear. With your eyes closed, your turned your head in the direction of L.Joe's voice.

And with the spread of wings and a powerful flap, air rushed through your hair and hit your face. You were up in the sky, flying.

-------------------

Just wanted to leave a little (big) cliffhanger there ;) heehee

You guys wanted them to fly, so I let them fly xD